Options

I Prefer Helen to Kim

JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
Forum Member
✭✭
Never thought I would say that I preferred ANYONE in that house to Helen but it's finally happened. Yes Helen is a coarse, loud mouthed, spiteful and vitriolic person but I do believe that she would probably be pretty loyal to those she is close to and I think there is a softer side to her which we have had brief (and I mean very brief) glimpses of in the house. Kim on the other hand strikes me as a coldhearted, unfeeling and very self absorbed person who would sell her own granny if it got her what she wanted. I don't think she cares about anyone but herself and all her bleating about falling in love and "anyone can come to her if they have a problem" just doesn't ring true at all. The really strange thing is that I thought she was really pretty when she first came in but now I don't think she is pretty at all. Just shows maybe the old adage is true. Ugliness inside shows on the outside.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen is the source of corruption but yes, it's often the 'creatures' of such people that appear the ugliest to us.

You only have to look how opinions against Kimbo and Jale have turned in recent weeks to see the effect.

I never forget that Helen is the source though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never thought I would say that I preferred ANYONE in that house to Helen but it's finally happened. Yes Helen is a coarse, loud mouthed, spiteful and vitriolic person but I do believe that she would probably be pretty loyal to those she is close to and I think there is a softer side to her which we have had brief (and I mean very brief) glimpses of in the house. Kim on the other hand strikes me as a coldhearted, unfeeling and very self absorbed person who would sell her own granny if it got her what she wanted. I don't think she cares about anyone but herself and all her bleating about falling in love and "anyone can come to her if they have a problem" just doesn't ring true at all. The really strange thing is that I thought she was really pretty when she first came in but now I don't think she is pretty at all. Just shows maybe the old adage is true. Ugliness inside shows on the outside.

As the weeks have progressed, we have seen more of Helen than her "forcefield up" brassy and loud persona. We've seen her loyalty to mates and her upset when that loyalty has been challenged (the "save from eviction" business last week). We've also seen how she does at least try and reach out to others at times (Christopher)

Kim and Jale have also emerged from behind their respective personas and what we've seen isn't that attractive to watch. Kim just seems cold and manipulative. I don't buy her relationship with Steven at all. There is zero attraction there on her part. Jale has become domineering and judgemental.
  • Options
    JustTamJustTam Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I agree 100% on everything. Everyone from day one has known what to expect from Helen. She's completely transparent. Kim on the other hand isn't and we don't like those we can't trust. My opinion about her looks are the same. I thought she was really attractive the first couple of weeks but now she reminds me of David Battley or Postman Pat with really great hair.
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've completely gone off Kimberly but I don't think there's anyone in there anywhere near as bad as Helen.
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Both of them are dreadful but nothing compares to Helen imo - just horrendous.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    P_P wrote: »
    I've completely gone off Kimberly but I don't think there's anyone in there anywhere near as bad as Helen.

I'm the same. In fact, I've gone off Kimberly with the whole Steven thing, it just makes for cringeworthy and often tedious viewing. She is however, for the most part rational and fair, and deals with conflict in a mature way.

I've said it before on here, but the only housemate I can think of that is worse than Helen is Alexandra.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never a truer word spoken. ;-):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dint like any of them. I will not forget how vicious Helen has been, how cowardly kim has been and how full of absolute self serving crap overbearing Jale has been. I wouldnt entertain any of them in real life and I can barely tolerate them now. Jale's ever growing inflated dense of self importance is really grating on me right now and id like to see her eat some very humble pie.
  • Options
    AurelieJolieAurelieJolie Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    In theory I can sort of agree with you, i.e. I prefer Helen's impulsive passion and loyalty to Kim's expressionless calculated insipid routine, but if I had to be stuck in a house with either of the two of them for an extended period of time, I would take my chances with the bot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P_P wrote: »

I didn't think I would either but Kim has crept up and up on my horror scale and she is now firmly on top ahead even of Marlon and even the hideous Steven :o:o:o:o
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with you, at least you know where you stand with Helen (and I would be found standing a million miles away from her)...Kimberly is just sly and attaches herself to people like Helen who will vocalise, to get to where she wants to be.
  • Options
    TranscendentalTranscendental Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    The more Kimberly talks, the worse she makes herself look. No wonder she kept her gob shut for so long. She’s twisted facts on a number of occasions, not just concerning her relationship status. I dislike Helen but at least she has a sense of humour. Kimberly is dull, devious and humourless - there is nothing there in terms of personality.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've Liked Helen from the start and still do and I prefer her to a few of them in there not just Kimberley
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dint like any of them. I will not forget how vicious Helen has been, how cowardly kim has been and how full of absolute self serving crap overbearing Jale has been. I wouldnt entertain any of them in real life and I can barely tolerate them now. Jale's ever growing inflated dense of self importance is really grating on me right now and id like to see her eat some very humble pie.

This ^^^ is exactly how I feel. :)
  • Options
    JustTamJustTam Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    When Kimberly first went into the house Marcus said she spent a summer reading "The Art of War". I wonder if that was true. If it is, she didn't take very good notes did she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have a watch of the videos from today, and you will find that it's Kim and Steven that are ramping up Helen's distrust all the time. So far today, Kim has started a rant about Ashleigh and another about how she distrusts Marlon, while Steven has cast doubts about Little Chris and Christopher. Think back to what Kim said to Helen when Helen said in the garden that maybe she shouldn't have dealt with the Ashleigh row as she did, she said to her wtte that she was so glad that Helen did it as she did ? The gameplan of both is obvious, they ramp Helen up to explode and slowly get rid of the competition, while they stay behind the barrier themselves and "treat" us to the spectacle of their "romance".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Have a watch of the videos from today, and you will find that it's Kim and Steven that are ramping up Helen's distrust all the time. So far today, Kim has started a rant about Ashleigh and another about how she distrusts Marlon, while Steven has cast doubts about Little Chris and Christopher. Think back to what Kim said to Helen when Helen said in the garden that maybe she shouldn't have dealt with the Ashleigh row as she did, she said to her wtte that she was so glad that Helen did it as she did ? The gameplan of both is obvious, they ramp Helen up to explode and slowly get rid of the competition, while they stay behind the barrier themselves and "treat" us to the spectacle of their "romance".

In work today I had to look at photos of a sheep that had been shot and as horrible as that was I have to say it was marginally more pleasant to look at than those two horrors :o
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,ve started to like Helen the past few weeks, she won,t be one of my favourites but I like her honesty and she has been entertaing to watch.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen might be Jeremy Kyle fodder but at least you know where you stand with her. I wouldn't trust a word that escapes from Kim's pursed lips and I'd probably end up giving her a slap if she rolled her eyes at me once too often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen might be Jeremy Kyle fodder but at least you know where you stand with her. I wouldn't trust a word that escapes from Kim's pursed lips and I'd probably end up giving her a slap if she rolled her eyes at me once too often.

She really does do something weird with her eyes doesn't she. I'm not sure if she's just avoiding looking anyone in the eye when she talks to them of if she actually has something wrong with her eyes.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D Exactly this
    She really does do something weird with her eyes doesn't she. I'm not sure if she's just avoiding looking anyone in the eye when she talks to them of if she actually has something wrong with her eyes.

Oh I don't think there is anything wrong with her eyes she is just an expert at rolling them >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. It's a shame because when she went in she had the ability to go far and surprise everyone. I was pleasantly surprised to see a playboy model who had not only great intelligence but dignity and class (I'm not saying they don't in general, just not normally the ones that enter BB) She was manipulative and cold but it is a game, so I figured why not play it. But as soon as she lowered herself to getting physically intimate with someone for a bit of fame and camera time I realised she's not so different, just a trashy glamour model with no self respect. All her past comments about how she didn't want anything physical to happen with Steven but she just knew it would happen (before they had even shared a kiss) now make sense. She knew exactly what her plan was and she saw it through.

I dislike Helen, but she is what she says she is. For all the posts about her dubious past, I don't see her opening her legs to reach end-game.
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen's horrid and spiteful but by now we know it's not an act, it's totally unfiltered, and I guess in some ways it's quite "real".... Kim is bland, monotone, her voice is void of any emotion or inflection, and she's robotic and calculating in her actions. I actually hate even hearing her speak, it's painful.

She's also attached to Steven which makes everything stink even worse.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like either of them at the moment.;-):)
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    flower 2 wrote: »
    I find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with you, at least you know where you stand with Helen (and I would be found standing a million miles away from her)...Kimberly is just sly and attaches herself to people like Helen who will vocalise, to get to where she wants to be.

LOL Me too. Helen in full war mode is a bit scary. :)