Disgusting! - Hayley last AGAIN!!

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    She can't do right for doing wrong - she gets a slow number and her detractors shout unfair - a fast number and we're told slow requires more control.

If she'd found the turn easy she'd have been accused of being smug, because she acknowledged difficulty she's accused of false modesty.

You have no reason to disbelieve her - so why allege she's lying and a fib is a lie - dressed up to sound less offensive.

I didn't actually say that. Please don't put words in my mouth. I just pointed out that Keiron too was in sync with his partner in a slower part of his routine which required more control that had he been going faster. Where was that a go at Hayley.

I believe she is being false in her modesty. It's my opinion. I'm not trying to change anyone else's, just expressing mine. I would appreciate a less aggressive tone, thank you.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually agree with the poster who said Hayley was last because she was good. Had she been on first how would the other skaters have felt seeing her 6's. I think she will be last again, which is not a bad thing. If I was on there and not as good as Hayley, I'd hate to be next after her. I'd be a bag of nerves and totally flunk it. Maybe the other celebs dont mind. Whether she is first or last, she is always going to be the best.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duryea wrote: »
    I didn't actually say that. Please don't put words in my mouth. I just pointed out that Keiron too was in sync with his partner in a slower part of his routine which required more control that had he been going faster. Where was that a go at Hayley.

I believe she is being false in her modesty. It's my opinion. I'm not trying to change anyone else's, just expressing mine. I would appreciate a less aggressive tone, thank you.
    I didn't put words into your mouth;

In response to this comment by GillT07
    She also had a jump, and her dance movements were in perfect time with Daniel's.
    you replied:
    Keiron was in perfect time with Brianna, and slower which requires more control.

The implication was clear - Hayley's moves required less control than Keiron's. I merely pointed out that whether her routines are fast or slow her skills are questioned - why assume my post referred to you and you alone?:confused:

"Fibbing" and "Being false in her modesty" does indeed sound better than lying - but the implication is the same and I'm curious as to the evidence upon which you've drawn to make such a judgement.

It's a pity you consider that a reasoned response to your opinion is aggressive - I would have said I put forward a different point of view without being disrespectful; so no need for any thanks in advance - I will continue to say it as I see it - whilst bearing in mind the need to respect others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think it matters - at this stage of the competition when they perform. In the early stages maybe, as there are so many of them. But now it's not so important. She doesn't always skate last, she opened the show one week, and has been in the middle a few times aswell.

Am I the only person who remembers that Gary has closed the show twice already?
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rach1989 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who remembers that Gary has closed the show twice already?
    Nope! I find that far more annoying than the Hayley thing (even though I still think they should have spread Hayley out a bit more). I mean it's not as if Gary's performances are exactly showstoppers... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually agree with the person you are in debate with. On Digital Spy, Hayley can never seem to do right.

You are saying that you are irritated by the false modesty...I can't BEGIN to tell you the amount of times I've read that she is 'smug, arrogant, cocky, in love with herself' etc etc. So which is it ?!??? Someone please explain to a Hayley fan....because I can't see either.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,200
    Forum Member
    They have to be fair to everyone with the running order so I would say this week

1. Hayley
    2. Gary
    3. Keiron
    4. Danniella
    5. Danny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    They have to be fair to everyone with the running order so I would say this week

1. Hayley
    2. Gary
    3. Keiron
    4. Danniella
    5. Danny

For once I am actually agreeing with you.

Hayley really should be 1st or 2nd next week, with Daniella and Danny being last.

However, I completely understand why they put Hayley on last yesterday...nobody would want to follow that performance, and it was the perfect way to end the show.
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not really a Hayley fan but she was brilliant last night - she is in a class of her own and it would be a very mean spirited person to say different.

I suffer from telling it like it is (a disease I wish I could cure) - and her performance and routine were amazing and she has such a relationship with Dan. Hayley is extremely talented and a joy to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I didn't put words into your mouth;

In response to this comment by GillT07

you replied:

The implication was clear - Hayley's moves required less control than Keiron's. I merely pointed out that whether her routines are fast or slow her skills are questioned - why assume my post referred to you and you alone?:confused:

"Fibbing" and "Being false in her modesty" does indeed sound better than lying - but the implication is the same and I'm curious as to the evidence upon which you've drawn to make such a judgement.

It's a pity you consider that a reasoned response to your opinion is aggressive - I would have said I put forward a different point of view without being disrespectful; so no need for any thanks in advance - I will continue to say it as I see it - whilst bearing in mind the need to respect others.

Again you are applying motivations to my comments that are not there. You might think that, but you would be wrong.

The reason I assumed your post referred to me was that you quoted my post and then made you comments.

I've already said that it is my opinion that I do not find her believeble. Opinions such as this are not always based on facts and figures, and I never claimed them to be.

If you say you aren't intending to come across as aggressive then I will accept that, although again imo that is how you came across.
    You are saying that you are irritated by the false modesty...I can't BEGIN to tell you the amount of times I've read that she is 'smug, arrogant, cocky, in love with herself' etc etc. So which is it ?!??? Someone please explain to a Hayley fan....because I can't see either.
    Today 20:31

I have never referred to Hayley as smug, arrogant, in love with herself or cocky. I don't think she is. I just can't take to her. I find her cheesey and insincere and, this isn't her fault at all, but the favouristism shown to her by the show and producers in very offputting.

Also, perhaps as a Hayley fan it may be okay to accept that other people aren't her fan, whilst not hating her, and just let them without always trying to convert. Different strokes.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The reason I assumed your post referred to me was that you quoted my post and then made you comments.
    I've already said that it is my opinion that I do not find her believeble. Opinions such as this are not always based on facts and figures, and I never claimed them to be.
    Indeed - but I do think one should provide some evidence before questioning her veracity.
    If you say you aren't intending to come across as aggressive then I will accept that, although again imo that is how you came across.
    There are some who consider a difference of opinion as aggression - there is little I can do about that.
    I have never referred to Hayley as smug, arrogant, in love with herself or cocky. I don't think she is. I just can't take to her. I find her cheesey and insincere and, this isn't her fault at all, but the favouristism shown to her by the show and producers in very offputting.
    Are you quoting me or another poster? In your own words:
    the reason I assumed your post referred to me was that you quoted my post and then made yourcomments.
    Perhaps you too should have clarified your responses.