Robin Cousins.....

FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:mad:

Well Robin Cousins shows his true colours:mad: On Fridays show he said he judges the dance off based on who does the best required element.. yet tonight he says "one spin does not make the routine"!! Mikey's required element was far and away better than Daniella's:rolleyes:

Robin Cousins, you have gone way down in my estimation tonight:mad:

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    But other than the required element, all Mikey did was skate around the rink - he didn't do anything else.

As he said - one spin does not make a routine.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    But other than the required element, all Mikey did was skate around the rink - he didn't do anything else.

Yes - but he did skate - and on his own. Daniella was more of less dragged around like a sack of spuds doing a few pretty poses.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin was totally right, as he usually is. One spin does not make a routine. :)

Mikey was the worst skater left, and deserved to go.
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My point being....Robin clearly said on Fridays show he decides who stays/goes in the skate off on the required element, yet his actions tonight show hehas done the exact opposite:confused:
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    My point being....Robin clearly said on Fridays show he decides who stays/goes in the skate off on the required element, yet his actions tonight show hehas done the exact opposite:confused:

So basically all a celeb has to do is skate around the rink and do a spin to get through
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But I think the point the OP was making was that Robin implied that it was all about the required element on the Friday show.

It's not about whether Robin is right or wrong. but that he contradicted himself.

It's why the skate off should be scrapped because it gives the judges a chance to shift the goal posts when it suits them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically all a celeb has to do is skate around the rink and do a spin to get through

I think your missing my whole point :) Robin says he judges who stays or goes on the required element. It dosen't matter wether Daniella or Mikey had gone tonight, Robin went completely against what he stated on Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    But I think the point the OP was making was that Robin implied that it was all about the required element on the Friday show.

It's not about whether Robin is right or wrong. but that he contradicted himself.

It's why the skate off should be scrapped because it gives the judges a chance to shift the goal posts when it suits them.

Thank you Sid :) Someone is getting my whole point.
  • TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    Yeah that's exactly what i thought, OP !!! But then i thought i must be wrong and assumed i got him mixed up with Nicky or one of the other judges.. but turns out i was in fact right. I do find that a bit strange actually.. he did clearly say that he always refers back to the required element in the skate off..
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What he said was that in the past when the routines have been 'much of a muchness', he has gone with the required element. He didn't say it was a rule and he didn't say that he votes with the required element regardless of who had the better routine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    What he said was that in the past when the routines have been 'much of a muchness', he has gone with the required element. He didn't say it was a rule and he didn't say that he votes with the required element regardless of who had the better routine.

Not the way i heard it...but without looking at the recording i can't agree one way or other. Just seems odd he should change the way he does things now:confused:

Anyway c'est la vie
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the way i heard it...but without looking at the recording i can't agree one way or other. Just seems odd he should change the way he does things now:confused:

Anyway c'est la vie

I just looked at it on the itv player because I was remembering it similar to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    Exactly. That was his point with 'one spin isn't a routine'.

This thread is based on a massive misinterpretation of what he actually said. :rolleyes:
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AT LEAST HE SKATED !!!!!

he didnt get carried & flung around the ice!!! i thought hayley was bad for that but MY GOD daniella didnt touch the ice tonight apart from the beginning & the end!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    Exactly. That was his point with 'one spin isn't a routine'.

This thread is based on a massive misinterpretation of what he actually said. :rolleyes:

My point is that he has said words to the effect of "he judges skate offs based on the stronger required element". If you feel that is a "massive misnterpretation"....then that is your view that your entitled to, but i massively disagree with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that he has said words to the effect of "he judges skate offs based on the stronger required element". If you feel that is a "massive interpretation"....then that is your view that your entitled to, but i massively disagree with it.
    No, he didn't say that. He said that the required element only becomes a major factor if the routines are of a similar standard all round.

This week, he didn't think they were, so Mikey's better spin wasn't enough. :)
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robin definitely said that when routine was close he based it on the required element.

Perhaps he thought that Daniella's was a better routine. I personally thought they were of a similar standard which is why I thought Robin would save Mikey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:

Well Robin Cousins shows his true colours:mad: On Fridays show he said he judges the dance off based on who does the best required element.. yet tonight he says "one spin does not make the routine"!! Mikey's required element was far and away better than Daniella's:rolleyes:

Robin Cousins, you have gone way down in my estimation tonight:mad:

...but Daniella did the required element. Even though it wasn't executed as well as Mikey's, she did a better routine throughout, and has improved at a faster rate than Mikey, who was still doing what he did the first week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Robin definitely said that when routine was close he based it on the required element.

Perhaps he thought that Daniella's was a better routine. I personally thought they were of a similar standard which is why I thought Robin would save Mikey.

Well, if that's exactly what he said then I think his judgement can't be faulted. Danniella did perform her routine better in the skate-off - possibly because it was a slightly better routine to start off with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I think Robin made the right decision (I'm speaking as someone who likes both Mikey and Daniella). They both executed the required element, true Mikey's was much better but they both did it and overall I think Daniella's routine was better and she has more potential overall. Mikey was much improved this week but I think he'd reached his top-level in terms of improvement and it would have been more of the same from him had he stayed in another week.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think your missing my whole point :) Robin says he judges who stays or goes on the required element. It dosen't matter wether Daniella or Mikey had gone tonight, Robin went completely against what he stated on Friday.

I agree with you entirely. It wasn't even as if Danniella skated wonderfully well and was just unlucky to be in the bottom 2 - had that been the case I might have understood Robin back-tracking on what he had said previously.

However, such things happen in the competitive danceworld as well - we were at a comp where one of the judges was giving a question & answer type lecture. One question was the inevitable "What do you look for first when judging?" and the equally inevitable answer was "Timing of course. Doesn't matter how well someone dances, if they go out of time, then I can't judge them...."

And what does this judge do straight after? Puts a couple who danced 2 out of 3 dances completely off time in first place!
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    I think Robin made the right decision (I'm speaking as someone who likes both Mikey and Daniella). They both executed the required element, true Mikey's was much better but they both did it and overall I think Daniella's routine was better and she has more potential overall. Mikey was much improved this week but I think he'd reached his top-level in terms of improvement and it would have been more of the same from him had he stayed in another week.

I saw it the other way round - true Mikey had improved this week and proved he had more to give, whereas Danniella has gone down for 2 weeks running and seems to have lost something. So my vote would have been to save Mikey.