Doctor Who at Comic Con 2013

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought it would be cool to have a thread on this as there's a bunch of Doctor Who stuff happening there.

A great interview with Matt Smith from IGN from yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5cyHssh4wx4

Doesn't really sound like a surprise regeneration in the 50th is happening.

Comments

• Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting pretty suspicious about Matt giving little jokes about him killing himself. That might be foreshadowing the end of 11 or the reason John Hurt regenerates
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone's interested there will be a live stream of Nerd HQ's Conversation with a Cause Q&A with Matt and Jenna here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXausp-UdL8 today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Theirs me expecting too much from this panel like trailers and previews n what not i wouldn't have watched if it was just question and answer session.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theirs me expecting too much from this panel like trailers and previews n what not i wouldn't have watched if it was just question and answer session.

Well, to be fair I did mention in my post that it's questions and answers. For the stuff you mention you probably have to wait for tomorrow's BBC America's official Doctor Who panel, which is tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    do you have a clue what time exactly this will be live streaming?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you have a clue what time exactly this will be live streaming?

I think it's 8:15 pm UK time or something like that.
    But sadly, from what I've heard there will be no live stream for that one, at leats not an official one.

But it's likely that someone attending will post it on youtube afterwards.
    Forum Member
    That sucks real bad we are British after all we should get some access to our show!? those damn Americans get to see everything first its not fair.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sucks real bad we are British after all we should get some access to our show!? those damn Americans get to see everything first its not fair.

Comic Con isn't exclusive to US residents ;)

Though it would be a shame if a shiny trailer for the 50th is kept under lock and key - anything shown will probably end up on YouTube.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Comic Con isn't exclusive to US residents ;)

Or, seemingly, exclusively about comics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Karen Gillan is there, with a shaved head!
    http://www.justjaredjr.com/2013/07/21/karen-gillan-shaves-head-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

First Matt, then Karen, who's next?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the clips and photos, y'all. Great idea, Silencewillfall. Please keep them coming. :)

Karen looks stunning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Yeah, this was really awesome. The banter between Matt and Moff is really funny. Also some interesting thoughts from Moffat on being the guy who just does an episode here and there and beng the showrunner.

Also Sydney, the shy little girl did get a picture with Matt: http://24.media.tumblr.com/3a6ed18688a6d980382240f8688d4f19/tumblr_mq9g8mX5Fp1syx0cio1_500.jpg and it seems to me that she's the same little girl who asked Matt if he was sacred of the Weeping Angels at last year's Comic Con.

Matt and Jenna also decided to make a surprising visit to Richard Madden's panel around 40 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrQHTHFJld8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby2 wrote: »
    Karen Gillan is there, with a shaved head!
    http://www.justjaredjr.com/2013/07/21/karen-gillan-shaves-head-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

First Matt, then Karen, who's next?

Well, not Jenna appearantly as she said something like: "I'm not gonna abandon the fans and shave my head." in one of the interviews. :p
    Forum Member
    only one hour to go before they go on panel, any live stream links would be most exciting or youtube links?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only one hour to go before they go on panel, any live stream links would be most exciting or youtube links?

A live stream is very unlikely AFAIK, but DS seems to be doing live blogs for all the major shows and DW should be no exception, so that's probably one of the better options to follow this.
    Forum Member
    I just read no one is aloud to record the panel? so yeah basically we cant see any footage in the Uk bit silly right? i hope someone secretly records it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read no one is aloud to record the panel? so yeah basically we cant see any footage in the Uk bit silly right? i hope someone secretly records it!!

I understood that as in that they are not allowed to record footage from the show (from the 50th?) that will be shown during the panel. Likely, they want people to wait for an official version of the footage rather than crappy one from the fans in attendance. And they are free to record the rest of the panel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50th trailer confirmed! https://twitter.com/anglophenia
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they don't want people to leak it then damn well prepare an imminent release for all of us. Hey its great DW is a smash at Comic Con and the attendees have paid and travelled so deserve an exclusive but only for a few days. Its the fiftieth anniversary and we deserve something to....and quite frankly I don't want Heathrow nonsense. I want trailers and clips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So all those years I spent buying the DVDs and the books and the merchandise when the show was off air and the conventions attended not to mention paying the licence fee that you know, helps make the show...all that doesn't matter. I don't get to enjoy the trailer for fiftieth. We get nowt. Nothing. Nada.

But hey! It doesn't matter. They're too busy on their knees kissing the feet of Uncle Sam to care about us sad sacks! What do we matter? We get to see a Tardis at an airport. What a fun packed year it continues to be for us!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a bit of an overreaction, I'm sure it'll be released publicly very soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm in a really grumpy mood tonight. Its this darned weather. It'll pass. But I do think its a little off if we don't get a proper release soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    So all those years I spent buying the DVDs and the books and the merchandise when the show was off air and the conventions attended not to mention paying the licence fee that you know, helps make the show...all that doesn't matter. I don't get to enjoy the trailer for fiftieth. We get nowt. Nothing. Nada.

But hey! It doesn't matter. They're too busy on their knees kissing the feet of Uncle Sam to care about us sad sacks! What do we matter? We get to see a Tardis at an airport. What a fun packed year it continues to be for us!

Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm so annoyed right now. Just because I can't afford to fly half way across the world to show any appreciation for the show I love, I have to wait?

Sure, we'll get the trailer eventually. But the fact it's ready, it's been shown, and we have to miss out. Not cool.