Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Mark Owen has played more games at Old Trafford than Michael Owen this season!

When I used to live in Oldham my bus route to work used to go past his parent's house and it had a regular girlie contingent camped outside.

Talking of Take That, I used to work just off Deansgate and one morning they must have been staying at the Ramada hotel while on a tour. I went out for dinner with a friend and there were girlie mobs surrounding where we worked. We had to elbow our way past them, if looks could kill, we only realised why they were hanging around when all 5 (pre Robbie leaving) got out of a mini bus, we had a cracking view on our way past. We didn't hang around too long otherwise we'd have got lynched by the crazy fans.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if they'll be any United news in the morning papers eh? :cool:
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll be any United news in the morning papers eh? :cool:

Bound to be some news regarding Hazard possibly going to Chelsea, getting fed up of it to be honest, just make a decision. Also some news on Kagawa, it is the silly season though so who knows what will appear in the papers.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only thing on beeb transfer gossip is;

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean is hoping for a favour off fellow Scot and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson as he tries to negotiate the loan signings of 19-year-olds Will and Michael Keane.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only thing on beeb transfer gossip is;

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean is hoping for a favour off fellow Scot and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson as he tries to negotiate the loan signings of 19-year-olds Will and Michael Keane.

Humm, it would depend on who is going to stay from their relegation sqaud, as that would have a huge impact on the amount of playing time that they would be able to get.
    If Yakabu and that Spanish youngster are stil there, then it would be pointless for Will to go there espcially.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humm, it would depend on who is going to stay from their relegation sqaud, as that would have a huge impact on the amount of playing time that they would be able to get.
    If Yakabu and that Spanish youngster are stil there, then it would be pointless for Will to go there espcially.

I think Yak has already said he's offski.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18218972 Wow he's only 29 :eek: I thought he was about 34 :eek:
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Yak has already said he's offski.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18218972 Wow he's only 29 :eek: I thought he was about 34 :eek:

Yeah and Kanu has just turned 30 as well did you know.;)
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    The Keane's going to Kean at Blackburn isn't a bad idea. It's a club desperate to get back into the Premier League, one that has long been a Premier League club. It would be at both the correct levels, though if Fabio goes out on loan, it would seem a little daft to allow another full back to go out on loan as well, till we know who's signed what contracts.
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey. Taken a few days away from posting, and I come back to read C07 and Batdude and where to put a 2x4, discussion about Take That, and possibly another manager about to reject LFC! Would also like to thank ZicoZ for the olive branch too.

Back to the football. Have to say that Nick Powell of Crewe impressed me a fair bit yesterday. Can see a big future ahead for him, and would like to see him join us although I suspect he may go straight back out on loan.

Bored of the Hazard saga already, just make up your damn mind!
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    CTD101 wrote: »
    Crikey. Taken a few days away from posting, and I come back to read C07 and Batdude and where to put a 2x4, discussion about Take That, and possibly another manager about to reject LFC! Would also like to thank ZicoZ for the olive branch too.

Back to the football. Have to say that Nick Powell of Crewe impressed me a fair bit yesterday. Can see a big future ahead for him, and would like to see him join us although I suspect he may go straight back out on loan.

Bored of the Hazard saga already, just make up your damn mind!

He has just tweeted that he has made up his mind, so maybe this saga is nearing its climax...

or more likelly, another couple of days of guesswork, speculation and newspaper bullcrap. Yay :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking...

This whole 'Hazard reps fly to London' stuff...

...Hazard will be playing vs England, in London in a few days. Is it that big of a deal of his representatives have been over here, in London, laying ground work for his 'appearance' ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zieler wrote: »
    He has just tweeted that he has made up his mind, so maybe this saga is nearing its climax...

or more likelly, another couple of days of guesswork, speculation and newspaper bullcrap. Yay :rolleyes:

Lets hope he has made his mind up, if he has it looks like he is off to Chelsea as L'equipe said yesterday he would be a Chelsea player within the next 48 hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently Hazard will announce his decision at 5pm tonight, but in saying that we have been here before.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Apparently Hazard will announce his decision at 5pm tonight, but in saying that we have been here before.

Did this come from him or some nonsense? (I.E Twitter)
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    ****ing Chelsea and that flukie ass CL victory :rolleyes:

Funny how he talked about wanting stability and assurances about position etc then goes and joins the most unstable, fickle club in the country who don't even have a manager.

Them Russian rubles sure are reassuring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get how the CL final makes a difference at all to be honest. Unless he's as fickle as f***
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    The only thing he has said is:

good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks

Hasn't mentioned a time or hinted at a club, a random twitter account has said he is having a medical at Chelsea later which may well be bollocks but its got them all excited.
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    I don't get how the CL final makes a difference at all to be honest. Unless he's as fickle as f***

Probably the difference between playing CL and not... if they hadn't won I doubt they'd even be in the race to sign him due to lack of CL football.

Now that's an even playing field between the teams it's about the other things:

playing time, manager, club aspirations, where to live... etc.
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    ****ing Chelsea and that flukie ass CL victory :rolleyes:

Funny how he talked about wanting stability and assurances about position etc then goes and joins the most unstable, fickle club in the country who don't even have a manager.

Them Russian rubles sure are reassuring.

If that is indeed the case and he has chosen Chelsea and the rouble, the he obviously isn't the person for us. His ego will have to fight for space with that of JT and Lampard
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CTD101 wrote: »
    If that is indeed the case and he has chosen Chelsea and the rouble, the he obviously isn't the person for us. His ego will have to fight for space with that of JT and Lampard

Exactly... I was originally disappointed when Mikel rejected us to go to Chelsea... worked out better for us in the end imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he wasn't revealing where he was going until after the England game?

What is he going to do, make all the England players who play for Utd, City and Chelsea line up and then he will go and stand next to the players for the club he is joining :D
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Did this come from him or some nonsense? (I.E Twitter)

Twitter is the land were morons can claim fiction as fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    speaking of twitter Hazard to chelsea is trending

"Lots of journalists claiming that Eden Hazard to Chelsea is a done deal #CFC #chelsea"

my god everyone is a reporter nowadays
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    It may not even be the rouble calling - many 'foreign' footballers see London as the only place to be - anywhere else is a wilderness it seems?

Frankly I'd rather gnaw my foot off than live in the south-east but hey ho.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If he chooses
    Chelsea he's there for the paycheck
    Man City he's there for potential glory
    United he's there to be a worldclass player
This discussion has been closed.