Options

TU Go From O2 - Launched

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if it'll handoff to the macro network?
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I guess it can't really. Would be pretty tricky. I says if you move out of WiFi coverage the call will drop. Damn!
    Now I've moved my femto to the correct location in my house, I love the way I can just go outside during a call and it just hands off to 2G. Nearly everytime.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im going abroad shortly and would definitely like to avoid roaming charges. Do I have this right?
    Before I go shove phone to flight mode. Once there leave it on flight mode but enable wifi only. Obviously find a wifi place and then run tugo?
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a look in Tu Go settings and see what the connection priority is set to. This setting applies to all devices so if it set to GSM you will only get incoming calls on your phone. Set it to wifi and all devices should ring.

Thank you. I changed the settings as you suggested and it is now ringing on all my devices.
  • Options
    interactiv-ukinteractiv-uk Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Im going abroad shortly and would definitely like to avoid roaming charges. Do I have this right?
    Before I go shove phone to flight mode. Once there leave it on flight mode but enable wifi only. Obviously find a wifi place and then run tugo?

Yup! Calls via Tu Go on wifi are charged as a normal uk call... No roaming charges..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is it right what im saying about leaving it on flight mode?
  • Options
    interactiv-ukinteractiv-uk Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is it right what im saying about leaving it on flight mode?

Yup. That should work fine. One thing to point out is you can't switch off voicemail diverts son you may be charged roaming charges for incoming calls diverted when you're not in wifi coverage. As far as I know you can't turn off the diverts.. May be worth checking with 202 to seeing you can..
  • Options
    Nick_LondonNick_London Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    hassan wrote: »
    Sounds good for emergencies, but being in london I can't really recall when I had no signal

At London Underground you can use Virgin Media's wifi, you can buy a pass or simply link someone elses Orange,EE,Vodafone,Virgin or T-Mobile free allowance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a chance to try tugo over last few days while out the uk. For the most worked well. A couple of times I called I got electronic noises rather than hearing other person but when it worked it was good and served its purpose. More importantly it didn't cost me a bean while away. My biggest problem was finding free wifi.
    on returning to uk and popping back out of flight mode however I did get bombarded for a bit with all the actual sms coming through that I had already read from tugo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm got a problem. Installed TU Go on wifes nexus. Novelty more than anything. However I expected when I phoned her number that both devices would ring. only the nexus rang and phone didn't even see the call at all. Made me think it could be 'dangerous'if forget to log the nexus out and go out somewhere with phone.
  • Options
    steffanglsteffangl Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Hmm got a problem. Installed TU Go on wifes nexus. Novelty more than anything. However I expected when I phoned her number that both devices would ring. only the nexus rang and phone didn't even see the call at all. Made me think it could be 'dangerous'if forget to log the nexus out and go out somewhere with phone.

Could always change the setting to GSM priority, rather than WiFi. Although only the phone would ring it would stop such issues happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will give it a try
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got this working on the nexus 7 and still have the call going to phone. It was as said a case of getting the app to gsm however there doesnt appear to be the option to change it on n7. Ended up installing it on the phone and changed it there to gsm. Apparently the setting then applies to all devices and sure enough it works.
    Ps. Both devices do ring just the n7 takes a little longer before it rings.