DS' Next Top Artist: Series 6 - Reveal Thread!

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Satanel wrote: »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm warning contains some strong language :p
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were the essays really necessary Zak?

Anyway, Claire is an amazing act! <3
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, Claire is an amazing act! <3

Oh good, glad you like Clare! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do I think of this thread here on DS every time I see Dionne Warwick's name somewhere? :D
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're coming towards the end of our act reveal now, however we've still got 3 mentors left to reveal and one of them is Strictly_Irish! She took a break from NTA last series, however is hoping to make an amazing comeback this series with these acts!
    Mainstream:

Train

The act I have chosen for my mainstream act are an act that have been around for quite a while. I've always enjoyed their songs and think they're underrated in general. They were originally written off as one hit wonders until quite recently but they have a back catalogue of great songs that I hope you'll all enjoy! It's the Californian band, Train :D

Indie:

Anna Nalick

Anna Nalick is an American singer songwriter. She isn't very well known but I've been listening to her songs for over a year now and I really enjoy her pop rock style and hope other will too! She has struggled to gain any hit singles and hasn't had much recognition but hopefully this competition will expose her to some that may not have heard of her before. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do I think of that hilarious thread here on DS everytime I see Dionne Warwick's name somewhere? :D

Best thread ever <3 Dionne's having a busy year with NTA and becoming a judge on X Factor :eek:
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My last reveal, and its Tomi Adenuga. He totally has the best name, does he have the best acts:
    Ne-Yo: An American R&B artist and dancer. He has released 5 albums; In My Own Words, Because of You, Year of the Gentleman, Libra Scale and R.E.D. He actually helped Nicole Scherzinger in Series 9 of The X Factor. 2 of his 5 albums have gotten in the Top 10 in the UK and all of them have gotten in the Top 20. In those 5 albums, there are 66 songs in total, and 2 of them are UK Bonus tracks. http://actorhunters.com/pics/91/c6/Ne-Yo-58d9f.jpg

Fantasia: An American R&B artist. She has released 4 albums; Free Yourself, Fantasia, Back to Me and her brand new album, Side Effects of You. She rose to fame as the winner of the third series of American Idol. She has won many awards; with one of them being a Grammy Award. Although she is very popular in America, none of her albums or singles have done well in the UK!
    http://cdn.thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Fantasia1.jpg
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Why do I think of this thread here on DS every time I see Dionne Warwick's name somewhere? :D

That thread <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last up but definitely not least (or maybe he is if you're talking about his NTA record :eek::p) and hoping to impress you all with his acts, it's unclekevo! Kevin will be posting his acts any minute now...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate advertising, but I'm going to do it anyway. :p

Would any of you mind casting a vote on my show The Twist Factor? If you're going to do it, be quick about it as there isn't much time left to vote.

Back on topic, loving a great number of the acts that have been revealed so far!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Last up but definitely not least (or maybe he is if you're talking about his NTA record :eek::p)

Oh, don't be silly.

He is both last AND least if we're discussing his NTA record. :D
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew about a few of these, looking forward to most! Anna Nalick is the best surprise so far, I used her way back at the beginning of NEXFG. Stanning henceforth!

Also great commentaries Nail and Dylan :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate advertising, but I'm going to do it anyway. :p

Would any of you mind casting a vote on my show The Twist Factor? If you're going to do it, be quick about it as there isn't much time left to vote.

Back on topic, loving a great number of the acts that have been revealed so far!

that linked to the Dionne thread instead of twist factor :eek: Will vote in a minute though :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some really good acts :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin is currently unable to post his intros, probably too offended after that little dig I made in his intro :cry: Here are his acts!
    My Mainstream act rose to fame in 2011 when she released her first single 'On A Mission'. She is a BRIT School graduate. Her first album 'On A Mission' garnered her a nomination on the Mercury Prize list and she received an NME award for 'Dancefloor Anthem' in 2012 with 'Broken Record'. My act is the fantastic Katy B!

My Indie act hail from Bangor, County Down in Northern Ireland. They were formed in 2007 by Sam Halliday, Alex Trimble and Kevin Baird and released their first album 'Tourist History' in 2010. They first performed together on ATL Rock School under the name 'Life Without Rory' but they disbanded and formed a new band, going with the name Two Door Cinema Club because of Sam's mispronunciation of 'Tudor Cinema'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    that linked to the Dionne thread instead of twist factor :eek: Will vote in a minute though :D

Omg, that was so embarassing :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will post the first theme and heats etc shortly! However firstly, one of our mentors has unfortunately been banned from DS :cry: However he has an active interest in NTA and being banned's not going to stop him making a big contribution, so he's reviewed all of your acts! Brace yourselves...
    BOO BITCHES, I’m here from the DS grave, giving you all my opinions (and some predictions I couldn’t be ****ed for you all tbqh) enjoy reading and don’t get too upset if I dislike your act s0b, and Zak bitch, you may have had the longest intros, but think again if you were having that accolade all night because here is my slaying review <3

Alexos

Mainstream – Frankmusik, well I love Frankmusik anyway, so there is a positive to start off with, his ass is fantastic (and his dick is as well, bar the blurry pictures but y’know), Frank has some great music out there, like BLAME IT ALL ALL ALL ON ME, it’s overly catchy and infectious and I hope he really goes far in this competition, I’m just unsure if people will like a quirky poppy guy in an NTA competition, but I still think he has a few weeks in him, I predict about the mid-way point depending on the order of songs Alex goes with, but I do hope he slays, he should slay anyway imo, just for attraction alone, I want him in my mouth, badly, mainly because of this picture. https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE-BFLb_YepiaU8semWkksSrGhNeoKEvsYEVqsevKAP08Ivwm9DA

Indie – Susanne Sundfór, I worry that the era of the quirky girl is over, they slayed in series 1, Lykke won, but I am unsure if people will take to Susanne, because of the disappointing placings of quirky girls last year, bar KT Tunstall from what I remember correctly, but I do think there is potential, she’s either final 5 or bottom 5, and I hope it’s the former and I also predict it’s the former, but we’ll see, I definitely think top 10 is in her grasp anyway.

ALIYAH101

Mainstream – Bastille, Bastille is probably one of the safest ever choices of an act in a series of NTA, ever, quite frankly, they are clearly destined to go far, they’ve just come into fashion and haven’t really had chance to bore the **** out of everybody just yet where people will be like ‘urgh, what is this lame bitch doing picking these, far to mainstream for me to handle... 1 POINT’ that is basically an impression of myself to be quite honest with y’all, but yeah I say top 5 is definitely in the grasp of Bastille, probably contenders for winner tbh, plus it’s Aliyah, when has Aliyah ever flopped. OH WAIT BEIRUT ONLY CAME 5TH, WHAT, HOW, DISGUSTING!

Indie – Kitten, dat FIFA slaying act, nobody knows who they are tbh, bar me and Aliyah because we slay y’all, but yes, they are stunning and a DECENT FEMALE FRONTED BAND (not digging at Failstorm or anything there, hai Zak xo), but yeah anyway, Kitten are stunning and perf, but I actually predict that Aliyah will fall early with them s0b, just because of the intense levels of front runners in this series.

SATANEL (ANAL HEHEHE)

Mainstream – ZAK KNOWS I HATE BLACK DIVAS (but I’m not racist because ebony guys ****ing is so hot yeaaahh..) but J-Hud is lovely, and her voice is TELLING MEEEEE that she will win NTA, she won’t, she’ll come about 18th or something like that, but Zak is still flawless, and so is his indie act and Jennifer is still pretty and her fiance is also packing down below so it’s all good. Go Jennifer, yay.

Indie – I just love Clare and her love for big macs, I however only like double cheeseburgers, quirky Clare is quirky and DS love quirky people so I reckon Clare has a chance of slaying depending on song choices, if he used The Last Dance straight away I’d be like GURLFRIEND y u do this? But yeah love Clare, because she’s a bit stunning and she likes McDonalds (why am I promoting McDonalds over her voice? Poor Clare) but yeah Clare should slay and finish in the top 10 at least, I reckon, yay.

Jackel (you have numbers in your name i think that i cba learning sorry bby <3)

Mainstream – Imagine Dragons have winning potential all over them quite frankly, they’ve suddenly become a massive sensation and their songs are flawless, it just depends on how Jack manages his songs, he doesn’t want to use what are seen as his best 3 songs in Radioactive/It’s Time/On Top Of The World first, otherwise it’s not leaving him room to just slay, but yeah top 5 is likely for ID, and I really would not be at all surprised to see them even win the series (I’ve jinxed you Jack, they’ll finish like 20th now s0b)

Indie – Foxy Shazam, not a sassy black diva, -Zak and Kevin both drop out in rage and cry into their pillows- but instead the Queen of the 21st century and that in my eyes is quite the description, it’s strange because they aren’t well known and it’s what indie is about, but then these unknowns sort of flop, take Bluejuice for example last series, but again, depending on Jack’s running order of songs they do have some potential imo and I’d like to see them last a few weeks.

Carlisle156

Mainstream – Sara Bareilles, she’s not going to write us a love song (BUT WILL SHE WIN?!?), David did well with a solo female artist last series with Gabriella, so I already see Sara being up there as a contender, I am already running out of stuff to say, this is horrible and I have no puns at all, I might just stop, go Sara.

Indie – Everything Everything!, They have a bad cough, but will it cost them the NTA crown (GOT MY PUNS BACK XO), well they are very DS friendly so that is satisfying news I suppose, I sort of see them going down the Passion Pit route and being saved if they ever hit the B3/2 and I think they stand a real shot in this series, and I want to see them do well because Arc was a fantastic album to be honest.

Gavin!

Mainstream – The Strokes, well me and Aliyah are likely to jizz over them, so there is your main support for The Strokes right there, I’m trying to figure out if they are NTA friendly or not, they are friendly where I am concerned anyway and if they flop, I’ll rage more than I did when Scissor Sisters went out to Selena Gomez, so yeah I think it’s safe to say that The Strokes have my full support and I hope they slay some bitches (-waves at Tulisa-) I’m already saying slay too much and I’m only on the 5th person playing, this is bad.

Indie – Sky Ferreira, I surprisngly don’t know a lot about Sky, other than the fact she’s apart of my favourite genre and she’s gorgous, so I’m excited to see her develop as the series goes on to be quite honest and I hope that Gav has some great songs lined up for her because she could become my one to watch and again solo girls have had a great track record, some flop but I don’t think Sky will be one of them to be honest. Exciting times ahead.

Pingu

Mainstream – Tulisa, less said the better to be quite honest from my point of view, I’d be more excited if some of Ndubz best was being used, but I doubt the competence levels will be high enough and I fully expect Young to open up the series and her to be quickly disposed of.

Indie – Ariana Grande, gurl, you are not 4 Non Blondes, do not sample them ever again, bye.

I’ve Got Class (haha likely story ;])

Mainstream – Joss Stone, I’m quite glad she can be in here in person today and not headless s0b, because deceased acts tend to flop in this show, poor Aaliyah (don’t worry our Aliyah is still alive, she won’t be participating however, the last time a DS member participated it didn’t go down so well :’() but anyway, moving on, Joss is fantastic imo, but I don’t see her standing out enough and I think she’ll be going back to the drawing board, her potential killers will be very pleased.

Indie – Dinner & A Suit (I prefer a bacon sarnie and a blowjob but whatever floats their boat), they sound great, are exactly what I look for in an act, but I’m not sure if the lack of them being a ‘star power’ act hinders them, or their fan-base quickly develops during the series, which again I hope it does because they sound great, but no, I don’t think they’ll go too far in this competition, but it will be nice to get a few shows worth of songs out of them and they’ll probably be the ‘artist I listen to’ after this NTA, like with many acts before them.

Justin

Mainstream – Dragonette, HELLO TO THE COMPETITION (my puns are shit today, make do with what you are getting), I love Dragonette, and here Justin has lit up at the thought of me actually liking one of his acts, yeah I can’t be arsed predicting how well people will do anymore, I’ll likely be wrong anyway, but she stands out and I think she’ll do well because her electropopness is fantastic and she is fantastic and every act is fantastic (they aren’t hehe) but Dragonette is, yay Dragonette

Indie – Kate Miller-Heidke, from all the way over there in Aaaustralia with the BBQ’s and shrimps (love stereotypes I do, you know), again another act I’m really not aware of but I have listened to one of her songs and I do remember liking it, but plz don’t ask me to name which song it was because I haven’t got the slightest idea to be perfectly honest, was catchy though and I hope to hear some good stuff from her throughout this competition. Flawless.

Pothuthic

Mainstream – Cyndi Lauper, Lucas would have a lot more fun if he knew Cyndi wasn’t going to be a flop bitch during this series of NTA, I’m worried for her tbh, she’s more of an NTGP act (even though that isn’t happening) I think if Mitchell has a certain plan and doesn’t start off with Girls Just Wanna have Fun and go with a hidden gem to showcase herself with, she should get past the first cuts, hopefully anyway because she’s one of my alltime favourites.

Indie – Jason Aldean, there is a better country artist(s) in the mix for the indie role of country act so I think Jason will be an early exit, I can’t say I’m the biggest fan in the world, but Mitchell might surprise me, I’m intrigued by Jason anyway, but I have no idea if it’s in a good way or a bad way, we’ll have to see.

Stacey

Mainstream – Duffy, do not release her from the competition anytime soon (guys, they are getting worse, god help me) because she is wonderful (and I said Stacey should choose her hehehehe) but yeah she’s flawless and she has a beautiful voice and I think she will probably finish around the same placings as KT Tunstall did, if not actually a little bit better, she’s still very popular with people, and I’ve forgotten what I was going to say, so I’ll finish it off by saying I think Duffy is a fan of brocolli, she looks like the type to munch on it for fun.

Indie – The Band Perry, the flawless country act and the most likely one to succeed in this series of NTA, (and I said Stacey should choose them hehehe) I’m sort of getting bored of typing now so all I’ll really say here is how amazing they are and I will plug them and say ‘VOTE FOR THEM’ because I am running out of puns and it’s awful. So yeah, but they are good and I think they are going to slay (I need a thesaurus) so yeah, go THE BAND PERRY <3. I was really showing no bias at all there tbqh.

Tommy

Mainstream – CAN DIONNE SURPASS WEEK 1? Probably not, but let’s hope she can anyway <3

Indie – CAN MFDOOM SURPASS WEEK 1? Probably not, but he should because he’s absolutely amazing and different to anything the NTA series has had <3.

Louise

Mainstream – Train, SO TELL ME, CAN TRAIN WIN THIS SERIES? I like to think Train have a shot of dominating, they are one of my all-time favourite artists and I think it’d be lovely for them to do well, because well, it’d be lovely, I’m being so ****ing boring now with my comments, am I nearly at the end, why did I say I was going to do this, I’m as generic as they come s0b. Train are going to drive all the way to the end yay. He was hot in his heyday as well, was our Pat <3.

Indie – Anna Nalick, well there is a flawless Anna in Hollyoaks, so I hope this Anna is just as amazing tbh, she sounds alright to be honest, I think she has potential, but y’know, she could go first as well, we have no idea how this is going to turn out (well apart from a certain talent show judge going first –giggles-) so aye, Anna is also very nice, I am quite impressed with what I hear.

Unclekevo

Mainstream – Katy B, Kevin picking an act who sings songs about broken records, is there a pun in there somewhere? Probably, I’ll let y’all work it out tbh; I like Katy B, because B is an awesome letter of the alphaBet. But I am tempted to give her 1 point every time now unless he stops bullying Janelle Arthur, the ratchet, but yeah go Katy B. You do what you gotta do and all that, right I’m waffling, she’s good next act.

Indie – Two Door Cinema Club, Probably Kevin’s best ever chance of surpassing week 3 (hehehe), they are a good indie group, great songs, and great artists and I fully expect them to do well throughout the competition, they are closely related as an act to Friendly Fires (who came 2nd, should have won tbh but whatevs) so yeah Two Door Cinema Club have a chance, let’s make this happen dodododododododododod oooooooooh

Bazz

Mainstream – Sharleen Spiteri, Sharleen and Texas are just flawless, probably one of my top 10 bands of all time, I’m so so excited to see what Bazz does with her and I’ll be like totally devastated if she’s a flop bitch, because that should not happen in anyway, because she makes me feel YEAH YEAH YEAH, remember when she did that Sky 1 show? That was a bit of a disaster that, poor bitch having to put up with that Dizzee blud guy, honestly, she’d have been devo’d, oh well she’s putting it right by winning NTA <3

Indie – Karima Francis, apparently she looks like Ashley Banjo out of Diversity, but I don’t really see it tbh, I do know however she has some lush, perfect songs and I hope Bazz uses her to her full potential, or I will bash him with a pillow several times, that is my warning to him right now, but yeah anyway Karima is unique and quirky and we seem to love quirky so keep up with the quirky you quirkier person you, you know what I’m saying, but anyway yeah Karima is nice. Yeah.

FireEmblem

Mainstream – P! nk slayed in Next Top Guilty Pleasure, but I assume FireEmblem will have some tricks up her sleeve, she’s eligible and she has some great hidden gems that weren’t really used while she was on NTGP, plus she has a new album, so I think it’s a solid logical choice, I’m excited for more Pink, she’s one of my favourite solo female artists out there both currently and of all time, so that’s quite an accolade tbh. <3

Indie – Thousand Foot Krutch, I have no idea who they are, but as most people know I go weak at the knees for anything rock (unless you’re called VersaEmerge or Hailstorm, then no) so I’m again intrigued as to how they sound and I look forward to seeing their progression throughout the series, I hope they become my Ipod artist (I don’t have an Ipod but still, you know what I mean.)

Dandem

Mainstream – I absolutely adore Ryan Tedder, amazing artist, and One Republic are fantastic, this is the act I’m most excited about tbh, I just hope he’s appreciated, I think he stands a great chance of winning if the song choices are spot on, like I say the best don’t need to be used first, Dandem has a great act here, I don’t even have any puns lined up, he’s that good he doesn’t need me trying to say a shit joke.

Indie – Dandem, you have got it so right with these acts, The Gaslight Anthem are just phenomenal, I don’t know if the rest of the NTA voters will, I’m with you all the way Dandem, you go Dandem, just fhfhf, so excited for what you produce with both acts tbh, 59’ sound is such an upbeat great track and I hope you’ll get to use it at some point.

Dondfan

Mainstream – I’m counting on you to do well here with Justin Timberlake, Val, I had anticipated to use him for NTGP if we ever had another series, so I hope you show off all his hype and potential here and I hope people vote for him, he’s a good mainstream, not a dirty mainstream, another act I’m excited to see pan out throughout the competition, I pray he’s not an early exit.

Indie – More country, hmm, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt because I don’t really have any clue who she is, so I’m intrigued as to how you mentor her and how well her songs sound, and yeah as you can see the lack of puns is now in effect, because I’m bloody terrible and have none left, generic comments all the way now, she sounds fun. (Channelling my inner Marsha for the rest of the reveal).

Part 2 coming soon :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I get told off for my "essays". :p

Lovely reviews, Lucas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanC555

Mainstream – And my favourite act of the Mainstream reveal is now here, Biffy Clyro are absolutely fantastic, I just hope Jordan isn’t incompetent and always consistently votes and consistently picks good songs, I hope it won’t be just a Bubbles, God and Satan, Many Of Horror fest, I have faith in Jordan to deliver, and if he does, I see Biffy lasting a long time in the competition, I’ll be annoyed if they flop, because I’ve wanted to use them for a while, but never got around to it, tbh.

Indie – Jewel, eek, my ears aren’t overly impressed with what they are hearing and I think she won’t stand out at all now, in a sea of country artists, but I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt, I’m sure she has some gems out there, I just hope Jordan chooses them, I’m willing to be surprised with what she has to offer. I just hope what is offered is good, otherwise I’ll be hoping for an early exit, but good luck!

Puppylove

Mainstream – The Script are cute, have some great tunes, and some great hidden gems, I hope they are mentored to their full standard, otherwise I will be cross, extremely cross, so be warned Puppylove <3

Indie – Rhydian, well Rhydian was always my favourite X Factor act in series 4, and still is now, but XF acts don’t tend to do well in this competition in the slightest, American Idol, yes as was seen last series with Kris and Adam, but I think with Rhydian he was also disliked, but hopefully he has a couple of shows in him, I think it’d be sad seeing him go in the first week.

Rory

Mainstream – I’m a little wary at them being used again, but hell NTGP/NTA crossovers are allowed and there was plenty Pete didn’t do with them during his time of mentoring them, so I’m extremely confident that Rory can do the job very well with them and showcase them off very nicely, because they are not ugly and neither is he (I’m just trying to get an even nice round number with words now I’m close to the end tbh)

Indie – Brand New! Are flawless, absolutely flawless, totally flawless, such a good pick from Rory, welcome back Rory, glad you are playing again, I’m so intrigued (**** my lack of vocabulary) to see what goes on with them this series, I really am, I think they have tonnes of potential that Rory will show off, so happy and thrilled to see them involved in the competition.

Sacred Diablo

Mainstream – Neon Trees, another fantastic act, just on the verge of being described as mainstream, your tactics hehe, but yeah I do like them, but my hands are getting tired now so I don’t really know what else to say to be really honest. BUT GO NEON TREES <3. Fabulous.

Indie – I like her name and she is extremely pretty and her hat is quite cute as well, but I have no idea who she is so I’m ready to hear some hopefully lovely tunes that I like from her because if I do, she will easily shift up from my ‘who da **** r you’ to ‘I love you loads be my wife even though I like peen’ kind of thing, you know what I mean?

Tomi

Mainstream – Neyo, I’m not really a Neyo fan, more into Yo-Yo’s tbh, but I’ll listen to him and hopefully you use one of the few songs of his I do like, because that means points and you know what points mean? YOU STAY IN THE NTA GAME YAY YAY YAY <3

Indie – Fantasia, a bit eek, I found it hilarious when they had that B3 with all the divas and it was all like ‘AMERICA BE RACIST’ that was her right? Not getting her mixed up, good, but yeah nice enough pick I suppose, good luck with her, I think you’ll pick some fabulous songs that people love and I’ll be all like ‘hmm’

Lucas (me hehehe)

Mainstream – Mumford <3. Will probs do a Snow Patrol and start off strongly and quickly disappear off the face of the planet. But who cares my acts are still flawless and Marcus will be holding up the NTA trophy if I have anything to do with it <3.

Indie – Miles, I’ve had a mixed bag with male solo artists so I wonder how I’ll get on to be perfectly honest, Jonsi slayed and Will Young didn’t, but I think Miles has enough support to get the job done and pick up some votes, maybe not winning potential but I don’t enter to win, just want to do well and hope people become fond of the artists that I have chosen <3.

Longest NTA review eva imo :cry: Dylan is up next with a summary of the acts, then I'll post the theme :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a few comments :eek::eek::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucas, what have you done? That wall of text is certainly not making me like Mumford & Sons any more than I do at the moment.

Zak, I take everything I said about your essays back right now! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a total of 48 acts, so heres a summary of them all and there mentors.

Alexos
    FrankMusik & Susanne Sundfor

aliyah101
    Bastille & Kitten

Barry_Clarke
    Sharleen Spiteri & Karima Francis

Carlisle156
    Sara Bareilles & Everything Everything

Dandem
    Ryan Tedder & The Gaslight Anthem

dondfan998
    Justin Timberlake & Sara Evans

fireemblemcraze
    P!nk & Thousand Foot Krutch

gav016
    The Strokes & Sky Ferreira

I've Got Class
    Joss Stone & Dinner And A Suit

jackel1234
    Imagine Dragons & Foxy SHAZAM

jag02010
    Dragonette & Kate Miller-Heidke

JordanC55
    Biffy Clyro & Jewel

Lucas (Say_My_Name)
    Mumford and Sons & Miles Kane

pingu58011
    Tulisa & Ariana Grande

pothuthic
    Cyndi Lauper & Jason Aldean

puppylove7
    The Script & Rhydian

r0ry101
    Sugababes & Brand New

SacredDiablo
    Nean Trees & Frankie Rose

Satanel
    Jennifer Hudson & Clare Maguire

staceyxxx23
    Duffy & The Band Perry

stonerparty
    Dionne Warwick & MF DOOM

Strictly_Irish
    Train & Anna Nalick

Tomi Adenuga
    Ne-Yo & Fantasia

unclekevo
    Katy B & Two Door Cinema Club
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acts I like, aka a shortened way of reviewing the selected acts without walls of text. :)

Mainstream:
    Frankmusik
    Bastille
    Sara Bareilles ;)
    Justin Timberlake
    Pink (I've been listening to her literally all day aha.)
    The Strokes
    Imagine Dragons <333
    The Script
    The Neon Trees <333
    Duffy
    Dionne Warwick
    Train (I've only heard a few songs though, so will be looking forward to getting to know them better)
    Ne-Yo
    Katy B

Indie:
    Everything Everything ;)
    Gaslight Anthem
    Sky Ferreira - (Selected songs, some I absolutely hate.)
    Kate Miller-Heidke
    The Band Perry
    Anna Nalick
    Two Door Cinema Club

If you're not on the lists then o well, sucks to be you. Half of the indie acts I have never heard of though so if you're absent doesn't mean I don't like your act!

Mentors that 'win', by having both of their acts on the list:
    Gav
    Stacey
    Louise
    Kevin

good luck to you 4 <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now for the first theme! We'll sometimes vary between the themes for Mainstream & Indie, however the theme will be the same for both for the first week, which is...

Show 1 Theme - Showstoppers!

The theme for show 1 is usually Free Choice in NTA, however we decided to go for something a little different this series. Due to the large amount of mentors signed up, we're going to have to have a double elimination for each heat in both the competitions, meaning 4 acts eliminated from both Mainstream & Indie and 8 acts overall! :eek: Because of this, you're going to have to send something that makes you really stand out and makes people vote for your acts, making sure you escape the quadruple eliminations! This can be interpreted as free choice, however we suggest that you start off with a bang, and make sure that your acts stop the show! :p

The original plan was to start off with the Indie show, and have it next Monday. However Dylan's exam timetable has prohibited this being possible, so the first show will be Mainstream and will take place on Thursday 2nd May. We understand that this is quite a long gap between the launch show and first real show, however hopefully it will give you a long time to think of something really great for your first song! Please try and send your songs to me (_NiallDEE_) by Wednesday 1st May, 7:30pm.

This means that the first Indie show will take place on Monday 6th May with Dylan as your host. Please try and send your indie's acts songs to dylanpartyon by 7:30pm on the 5th of May.

Also, we originally stated that you'd need 20 songs for both of your acts if they make it right to the end, however after reviewing the themes we've realised that you'll only need 17, so keep that in mind :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prediction Game

So we will be running the prediction game this contest. Niall and myself will take the predictions from our respective games (I'll take Indie predictions, Naill will take Mainstreams)

What is this game you ask? Well you basically predict each week who you think will be eliminated and in the bottom each week. More details of that will be in the first song list.

But right now, all we want to know is your prediction on who will win the competition outright. So when you do send in your first songs, put the name of the act you think will win with it. As simple as that.

If you get this prediction right you'll get some bonus points at the end of the competition!!!