Airplay streaming on Sonos

Am considering getting a Sonos Play 1 for the bedroom & maybe another for the kitchen, both mainly for listening to the radio. One other thing I'd like to do is send podcasts from the podcast app on my iPhone, but I don't think the Sonos supports it.

Does anyone know of a way of listening to podcasts from the phone on Sonos, or should I maybe just go for a bluetooth or airplay speaker?

Comments

• lamzo10lamzo10 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    If the podcasts are downloaded on your phone, then you can access them from the This iPhone section of your Sonos app, otherwise to airplay content to a Sonos, youll need a Sonos component with an auxiliary input, either a Play 5 or a Sonos Connect, then connect an Apple Airport Express to the aux input, select it for Airplay on your phone, and select Line-in on the Sonos app and away you go, obviously its a bigger expense needing a more expensive Sonos component, along with the purchase of the Airport Express, just depends how much you want that feature I suppose, its a setup I use and one that is outlined on the Sonos website for this very purpose
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    lamzo10 wrote: »
    If the podcasts are downloaded on your phone, then you can access them from the This iPhone section of your Sonos app, otherwise to airplay content to a Sonos, youll need a Sonos component with an auxiliary input, either a Play 5 or a Sonos Connect, then connect an Apple Airport Express to the aux input, select it for Airplay on your phone, and select Line-in on the Sonos app and away you go, obviously its a bigger expense needing a more expensive Sonos component, along with the purchase of the Airport Express, just depends how much you want that feature I suppose, its a setup I use and one that is outlined on the Sonos website for this very purpose

This post is in pun! but I am knocking on 50! Why is everything these days so complicated! Sometimes I just long for the rotary tuner dial and cassette player! :-):-)

Joke Over :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for that lamzo10, I hadn't spotted the 'This iPhone' option, so you have saved me a small fortune as that's exactly what I'm looking for! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Just been testing it & it works perfectly, thanks again!
  • lamzo10lamzo10 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    No problem glad to be of help :)