Options

Bloody Gregg Wallace

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think of them as The Food Gnomes. Michel Roux used to say something like: "The savouriness of the salt, the sweetness of the sugar - It's a good dish!"
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go on a dinner date with Greg, he likes food, so do I, I think I would have a great conversation with him about food, but that's it!
  • Options
    AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Egghead
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    Probably the same reason half the X Factor 'experts' aren't really experts. They're TV personalities, hired for their ability to attract an audience.

None of the judges panel of X Factor has ever been referred to as `experts', sometimes labelled as `Stars or Celebs`
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Food critics aren't chefs or experts or qualified in any way, that is the whole point of Gregg on Masterchef, he is essentially a food critic.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say I did think Gregg was a bit too fond of Ping!

Toady and shrek made me howl with laughter :D
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm starting to think he's one of the biggest frauds on tv. he gets away with doing very little when ever he's on a show.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I like them together. They are good presenters and compliment each other well. Good on ya Toady and Shrek. No one could do it quite like them.
    bornfree wrote: »
    I think both him and John Torode are OK. Don't get the hatred. So he did well for himself. Good on him.
    Bela wrote: »
    :D:D

I don't watch Masterchef anymore but I think they worked well together. Also, it's not necessary to be a qualified chef to appreciate and be passionate about well cooked, well-presented, creative cooking so the argument that Gregg is somehow unqualified to judge is nonsense.
    Well Ade Emondson won the last celebrity Masterchef, and the nice looking but not particularly glamorous Emma Kennedy the season before. On the non celeb masterchef there have been lots of male winners and only a couple of the female winners have been particularly good looking. I don't know why people persist in this myth that they go for good looking young women all the time, despite the obvious evidence to the contrary.
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Dont think Gregg has ever claimed to be a qualified chef, he is on it as the customer. John is the chef

I like Gregg, dont really get the hate he seems to generate.

Also thought Lisa Faulkner(?) deserved to win, cant say i care who she was sleeping with at the time
    I quite like him. Wouldn't want to marry him, and the clack of the spoon in the mouth thing makes my teeth itch, but I like him.
    Well said! I've watched it from the start and those two are Masterchef!
    I don't really care about their personal lives. I watch masterchef and I enjoy it, they're okay as presenters go and I really haven't seen any evidence of them favouring young females. Most of the people that have gone through are men or middle aged women!
    Food critics aren't chefs or experts or qualified in any way, that is the whole point of Gregg on Masterchef, he is essentially a food critic.

All of the above are my views too.:D
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masterchef isn't masterchef without Torode & Wallace. Liking the new series .