Options

100gb 4gee data free

Comments

• Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    You do know that Nokia Music became MixRadio some time ago?

No. I didn't get any notification about it. The Nokia Music app was working ok just yesterday, so I guess they've only just discontinued it.
  • Options
    neilybealyneilybealy Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I've just ported my number across from 3 on the free sim so will see what tariffs they're offering when this deal finishes. Don't think they will be offering anything radical though as english lady I spoke to said you're on the unlimited "bloggers" sim and when it finishes they will be in touch to let you know how much data you've actually used as most people think they need unlimited but many don't actually use that much. Will see in 5 weeks time :)
  • Options
    Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neilybealy wrote: »
    I've just ported my number across from 3 on the free sim so will see what tariffs they're offering when this deal finishes. Don't think they will be offering anything radical though as english lady I spoke to said you're on the unlimited "bloggers" sim and when it finishes they will be in touch to let you know how much data you've actually used as most people think they need unlimited but many don't actually use that much. Will see in 5 weeks time :)

This is what I'm hoping, although I feel like I need to make use of the 100GB each month, which clearly I wouldn't be doing if I only had say, 10-15GB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For this EE SIM, I haven't read anywhere that you can't tether to multiple devices. However, when I connect more than one device via tethering, the internet only functions on the first device which was connected.

Is anyone tethering on more than one device?
  • Options
    tigglepigtigglepig Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    For this EE SIM, I haven't read anywhere that you can't tether to multiple devices. However, when I connect more than one device via tethering, the internet only functions on the first device which was connected.

Is anyone tethering on more than one device?

I've tethered both a MacBook Pro and an iPad at the same time so it doesn't look like they are restricting to just one device.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just testing with my work phone + laptop wifi tethered to my personal phone / EE SIM and they both appear to be working fine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigglepig wrote: »
    I've tethered both a MacBook Pro and an iPad at the same time so it doesn't look like they are restricting to just one device.

That's strange. When I put the One Plan sim back in, both devices tether to the phone okay, but didn't using the EE SIM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's strange. When I put the One Plan sim back in, both devices tether to the phone okay, but didn't using the EE SIM.

Weirdly I had some issues tethering when I first put my EE sim in and activated it, but the day after everything was working fine. Probably a coincidence but thought it might be worth mentioning.
  • Options
    iTechiTech Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I've just had an email saying that I am not using the EE sim they sent (I am) and that I'm missing out on a load of offers. For those using this service what (if any) offers am I missing out on?
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've only sent some rather pointless texts so far. No offers as yet.

And I've used about 60GB on one SIM and about 10GB on another.

I can also say that I had problems when tethering and wonder if EE is trying to block it, as well as possible blocking some ports. If EE is trying to 'prove' that users don't need unlimited data, it probably makes sense to restrict some usage or else people will just use it like (some) used the One Plan as a broadband replacement.

Maybe if EE offers more data next year, it will start to restrict tethering and this is a test to see if it can do so effectively. (it might, for example, only allow tethering on mobile broadband subs).

EE has been having many issues over the last few months, which could be experimenting with various forms of traffic management. I've had ordinary sites blocked under the content lock, even on another SIM where the restriction was lifted. And then there's the failure to track data usage properly.

So that might explain why tethering works one day and not the next.
  • Options
    jamllewjamllew Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    My sim can't handle more than one device being connected either. Thought it was just me but maybe not!
  • Options
    iTechiTech Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    They've only sent some rather pointless texts so far. No offers as yet.

And I've used about 60GB on one SIM and about 10GB on another.

I can also say that I had problems when tethering and wonder if EE is trying to block it, as well as possible blocking some ports. If EE is trying to 'prove' that users don't need unlimited data, it probably makes sense to restrict some usage or else people will just use it like (some) used the One Plan as a broadband replacement.

Maybe if EE offers more data next year, it will start to restrict tethering and this is a test to see if it can do so effectively. (it might, for example, only allow tethering on mobile broadband subs).

EE has been having many issues over the last few months, which could be experimenting with various forms of traffic management. I've had ordinary sites blocked under the content lock, even on another SIM where the restriction was lifted. And then there's the failure to track data usage properly.

So that might explain why tethering works one day and not the next.

Thanks. Good to read I'm not missing out on any promotions.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    So has anyone burnt through the 100GB yet..?
  • Options
    neilybealyneilybealy Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    according to my phone i've only done 1.7gb!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you activate the EE SIM by putting it in a USB mobile broadband dongle or does it have to be put in a phone first to be activated?
  • Options
    culabulaculabula Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you activate the EE SIM by putting it in a USB mobile broadband dongle or does it have to be put in a phone first to be activated?

I did one of the 27 that I ordered in my MiFi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So has anyone burnt through the 100GB yet..?

22GB so far on my iPad. 9 days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    culabula wrote: »
    I did one of the 27 that I ordered in my MiFi.

Don't you have to activate them (and therefore have 2 months to use them from then) within 2 weeks of receiving them?

What possible point was there in ordering 27? :confused:
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    Don't you have to activate them (and therefore have 2 months to use them from then) within 2 weeks of receiving them?

Possibly to sell?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To use in various iPads and iPhones, plus 1 Mifi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Possibly to sell?

Now THAT would be naughty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's absolutely brilliant! One guy is charging people a pound a go to direct them to Dan and Phil's fecking web site.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iTech wrote: »
    I've just had an email saying that I am not using the EE sim they sent (I am) and that I'm missing out on a load of offers. For those using this service what (if any) offers am I missing out on?

Don't worry I got the same and I've been using mine too.