• mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My opinion remains the same.
  • FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its true.

We are all pigeons, and the exotic birds are polish and bulgarian plumbers.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of lightweight political satire or commentary ., hardly worth all the indignation etc.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's how I read it too. Certainly not anti-immigration and a comment on next week's by election. I'm guessing Banksy isn't a UKIP supporter......

Depends on how you read it.

If you come from the position that nobody has the right to decide who lives/settles in their country, then yes.

On the other hand, what's wrong with the people of a country not wanting immigration?

One thing I do wonder if deliberate.
    The signs being held up, one says "keep off our worms".
    But the bird reading the signs would never, ever catch a worm in it's life.
    It's a swallow/house martin/swift.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

If you come from the position that nobody has the right to decide who lives/settles in their country, then yes.

On the other hand, what's wrong with the people of a country not wanting immigration?

Pigeons don't eat worms either. They're seed eaters
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wood Pigeons like ivy berries, I noticed, before they cut down the tree outside my window.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    My opinion remains the same.

Ignorance is immutable in those who cannot accept anything other than their own opinion as fact. In other news, water is wet. Feel free to argue that point if you like.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    That's a lot of money they destroyed.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member

The keep off our worms is highlighting the ignorance of the pigeon towards the swallow who as you rightly point out doesn't eat worms.

Swallows migrate, they do so to live and find the food needed. Much like some immigrants from Africa (note I said some!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignorance is immutable in those who cannot accept anything other than their own opinion as fact. In other news, water is wet. Feel free to argue that point if you like.

There is nothing subtle about banksy's wall stains. He's just another 'social commentator' who wants to point out all the problems in society but not do anything to actually resolve them.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing subtle about banksy's wall stains. He's just another 'social commentator' who wants to point out all the problems in society but not do anything to actually resolve them.

If the point of social commentary art is to ignite debate then he's emphatically succeeded, albeit in a way he probably didn't anticipate.
  • TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member

Didn't one of his murals raise over £400k and save a boys club from closing?
    If the ***** in Clacton hadn't destroyed this one it could have raised £250K easily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has value because the crowd who lap up his work will hand over cash for it. Banksy even said those who paid for it are morons.