Queens of the Stone Age

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone heard the new two new songs yet? One of them is especially fantastic in a way they haven't been for a while in my opinion.

I'm genuinely looking forward to the new album now.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the new album! Heard the new tracks and they don't sound too shabby! Can always rely on QotSA for a decent album though. Plus with Mark Lanegan joining them again.. doesn't get any better for me! I've pre-ordered my copy anyway! :D
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Long time QOTSA fan, I'll admit, I was a bit disapointed with Lullabies To Paralyze because it only had a handfull of good songs, unlike Rated R and Songs for The Deaf, where like every track was great except for one or two. It would be great to see Nick Oliveri with them again as you have to admit, he really had a fire impact on the music. I've only heard 3's & 7's in full and a sample of Turning The Screw, both sound great, especially 3's & 7's, I just hope the album is better than Lullabies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely loving 3's and 7's. The other track I heard was Era Vulgaris, but I don't think that's on the album. Pretty good though.

Yeah, Lullabies, I hardly ever listen to it anymore. Hoping this one will be better.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah QOTSA always been one of my fave bands! Cant wait for new album. Dont see why everyone was disappointed with Lullabies to Paralyze, i really enjoyed it. Ofcourse, Songs for the Deaf and Rated R were better, but LTP was still very good. I Loved Burn the Witch/Little Sister/Everybody knows your insane.

Where have you heard their new songs? would defenitly like to listen to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can listen to 3's & 7's on the site dend http://www.qotsa.com/

Also this 'making of' video

Going by Wikipedia the song in the video is possibly called Turning On The Screw, and looks like it's the first track on the album. I'm loving it!

:cool:
    Forum Member
    I've been listening to 3's & 7's and also got the song Era Vulgaris (which won't be on the album for some strange reason?) And I'll be honest, it sounds like Lullabies again, but a lot harder and with a more hard rock feeling. Which is fine by me, Era Vulgaris would of been a perfect ending song for Lullabies to Paralyze.

edit: You can download the song Era Vulgaris from http://www.thefade.net/ it isn't really illegal as they sent websites and people who got the CD a letter saying share this song in any way possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the new album, going on the songs so far sits between QOTSA and Rated R. All the feedback on the album so far has been that it is quite a hard album, will have to see. Fingers crossed im interviewing them in leeds. I think i might explode :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Im going to see them in July at Oxegen.Cant wait.Im a massive fan.Might get the Q and sperm on the QOTSA site tattoed on my back.Yeah 3's and 7's sounds good.Didnt think era vulgaris was in anyway special.I loved the loop of sick,sick could have listened to it all day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool band. Any friends of Dave Grohl are friends of mine :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _bast_ wrote:
    Fingers crossed im interviewing them in leeds.

:eek: So jealous... I don't think I'd get many questions out sat in front of Josh Homme though... I'd be in too much awe at his damned coolness :D

Really hope they include a 'making of' DVD with Era Vulgaris the way they did with Lullabies...
    Forum Member
    Check out the website for a quick video which shows off the song Sick Sick Sick, over at www.qotsa.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote:
    Check out the website for a quick video which shows off the song Sick Sick Sick, over at www.qotsa.com

Love it... Sounds like it's came straight off Songs For The Deaf.. which isn't a bad thing!
    Forum Member
    Anyone got round to hearing the new album yet? It was leaked earlier yesterday and I have to say, It's VERY good, definetly better than Lullabies. Stand out tracks for me are Turnin' On the Screw, Sick Sick Sick, I'm Designer, Into The Hollow, 3's & 7's, Suture Up Your Future and Make It With Chu (even though it was already a Desert Session track).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded the album earlier tonight and I can't stop listening to it. Tis very, very good. I'm LOVING Turning On The Screw. And also Misfit Love, Run Pig Run, Battery Acid, Suture and River In The Road. And I shall stop now before I list every single song.

Because I really, really want to.
    Forum Member
    Turning On The Screw would make a very good single actually, so would I'm Designer. I love the lyrics too, they are genious in some songs. I'll definetly be buying this and the singles when they come out over here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3's and 7's is absolutely awesome

not so keen on Sick Sick Sick myself but i think it may grow on me
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep i couldnt resist the temptation to download it when i heard it was leaked, i will still defentily buy it though. Well we havent been let down ! This album is brilliant, and it really takes them back to their "Rated R" days. Whoever thought they were going downhill was seriously wrong! A brilliant album, so many outstanding tracks on it - defenitly a candidate for album of the year so far for me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh is it leaked now?? I've been checking nearly every day :o Off to get it.... They did well to keep it from getting leaked for this long eh!

(I shall be buying it too!) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. I have 'acquired' it ;)

Loved Turning on the Screw ever since I heard the small clip of it so couldn't wait to hear the full thing, and it's great! Misfit Love is brilliant too, as is River in the Road (although anything involving Mark Lanegan gets the thumbs up from me..) and Run Pig Run. Sick Sick Sick and 3's & 7's I've been playing to death and still loving them both.. Yeah, liking every track really..

Love this band!
    Forum Member
    BUMP again. Bought the CD single for 3's & 7's today, the B-Side track, Christian Brothers is a well done cover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new album is brilliant. The Queens rock! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw them on Channel 4 the other week playing live, can't remember the program but it's on late on a Friday night. I think the song was 3's & 7's and I loved it!

I love QOTSA, really looking forward to any new material they have coming out! Lullabies was a good great album I thought, not as good as Rated R or Songs for the Death. But my favorite album has to be their first album - total class! I love 'avon' on that album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw them on Channel 4 the other week playing live, can't remember the program but it's on late on a Friday night. I think the song was 3's & 7's and I loved it!

I love QOTSA, really looking forward to any new material they have coming out! Lullabies was a good great album I thought, not as good as Rated R or Songs for the Death. But my favorite album has to be their first album - total class! I love 'avon' on that album.

Probably Transmission you seen them on, they did 3's & 7's and Sick Sick Sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vnhhBHz5gg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52IlFm4IBM

Avon is one of my favourites.. amazing live!
  • SGESGE Posts: 4,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Transmission you seen them on, they did 3's & 7's and Sick Sick Sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vnhhBHz5gg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52IlFm4IBM

Avon is one of my favourites.. amazing live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW2AKkwJb_c

(you may just recognise the bloke beating hell out of the drums! :D )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SGE wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW2AKkwJb_c

(you may just recognise the bloke beating hell out of the drums! :D )

Couldn't mistake those lovely pearly whites! :D