Who else is excited for The Hunger Games : Catching Fire?!

Comments

• circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great news, hope you're enjoying it. A little tip though, steer clear of any trailers or promo material till you've finished the book.
    It looks like they might reveal some pretty important moments through the film's marketing.

yeah thanks for that, its hard as i LOVED the first films trailer

im upto bit in book when
    the uprisings have started and gabe has been flogged in market

hotting up nicely!
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The studio is really pushing this movie already - Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Sam Clafin were in Cannes for a photocall and a Catching Fire party yesterday even though the film's not out until November!

Apparently Mockingjay starts shooting in a few months - Lawrence told a journalist she's finishing the latest X Men movie, taking two months off then starting work on Mockingjay.
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I enjoyed catching fire less than the other two books even though its considered by many to be the best.

They really need to add an internal dialogue for Katniss as this was the huge issue the first film had and made her character very different from the books.
  • TmeltTmelt Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I was a little tired at the time so perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind but I was really disappointed by the first film (I really enjoyed the books). I found it quite dull. Peeta was slightly odd looking, definitely not attractive enough and there wasn't any chemistry between him & Katniss. I Like JL as an actress but found Katniss slightly bland in the film and wasn't particularly bothered what happened to her.

I hope Catching Fire will be an improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New trailer for Catching Fire was just shown at Comic Con (the theatrical trailer on this link): http://movies.yahoo.com/video/hunger-games-catching-fire-trailer-190014076.html

Looks great to me! In fact it looks fairly epic - seems to have all of the book in it up to the start of the Games (as the trailers don't go further than that), and a few extra scenes that look good too. Wonder what running time it'll end up having - I can see it being another 2.5 hour one, which wouldn't bother me at all :)

There was also a panel discussion with a lot of the main cast, there's a live blog on DigitalSpy main pages, but doesn't look as if anything was really revealed about the movie, it was more just anecdotes from filming...
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Looks incredible, really looking forward to it may try and get 1st night tickets maybe IMAX too :)
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on a date last night, and while they went to the bathroom I checked Facebook... I saw my friend had posted this, and that was all that was on my mind the rest of the evening! Haha! Only messing, it wasn't as extreme... but I did check it the second I came home!

IT. LOOKS. PERFECT!
    I've such faith in Francis Lawrence and it looks like he has brought it in the direction it needed. 'Epic' is not enough to describe it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found a video of the Comic Con panel if anyone's interested in watching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vrjT30Cdc0

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Me! It's my favourite of the three books. Finnick is my Favourite character so I'm interested to see Sam Clafin play him.

It looks like they're taking it down the political themed route to make it seem not so samey to the first one.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Seen the new trailers, I was doubtful as it was a new director etc.

Can't wait :D

Looking forward most to seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman, great actor IMO of course!

The trailers are convincing me it is being kept in the same style as the first movie, but we shall see, we shall see :)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pictured Beetee as looking like Ronnie Corbett. Jeffrey Wright is a fine actor, but way too cool and suave to be Beetee, but hopefully he'll be alright.

Finnick is THE MAN. Best character in the second book.

"Want some sugar?"

lol

thats what i love about books, different people picture characters differnt ways

for me beetee-doctor karl from neighbours lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So so so excited! Hope there's plenty of Peeta and Katniss and that it stays faithful to the book.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    I am too excited for words for this films, 2 weeks tomorrow:D

Just hope I'm not going to be disappointed as Catching Fire is my favourite book from the series. One thing that annoyed me about The Hunger Games was the whole way of how Katniss got her mockingjay pin from the market instead of getting it off the Mayors Daughter. Only a minor thing but then if it was so minor I don't know why it wasn't included:confused: The other thing was Peeta not losing his leg, I don't know why they didn't include that either

Hoping for more scenes with Peeta and Katniss and hoping they don't cut too much of the scenes out from the books such as their train scenes as their relationship development is one of the main progressions of the book and I think the film needs to show to the audience who haven't read the books that Katniss does feel something for Peeta and wasn't pretending the whole time.

Hopefully we'll see more of their chemistry because Josh and Jen have brilliant chemistry in real life
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Got my tickets Imax Waterloo on sat 23rd, cannot wait!!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited, I'm like a nervous chihuahua, shaking and peeing all the time:)

It really does look excellent, love the casting, with some slight reservations about Jena Malone. It should be the easiest book to do well, no children dying, and without the frankly hideous ending of Mockinjay.

I am nervous about that though, I was hoping they wouldn't keep to the books, but the director says he wants to be faithful to it.

Ah well wait and see, lot's of fun interviews with the cast coming up, and Jennifer is on Kermode and Mayo next week, so that will be fun.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am so excited but booked a holiday that leaves on same day film comes out

going to have to wait till tuesday 26th to see it and i may be jetlagged when i go :o

going to imax
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for the reviews to be released on monday, I have every confidence that it will match the quality of the last film possibly even exceed it.

You can tell from all the trailers, the writing has improved, one of the flaws of the last movie was the characterization of Peeta, they really down played out his humor, strength and motivation for doing the things he did. It looks like Josh will have more to play with this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looked back on the thread, and I kind of agree the first film (which I love, but maybe not as much as the book), lacked Katniss' inner monologues which are actually quite funny in a sarky and ironic way.

Yet I do feel as the books went on the first-person monologue became a hindrance, particularly in the last book.

So I will take the slight irritance in the first bit to hopefully give me a better and more cohesive ending in the films then in the book.

In fact I'm almost certain I can guess the bit when Mockinjay 1 ends, and then becomes Mockinjay 2.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fact I'm almost certain I can guess the bit when Mockinjay 1 ends, and then becomes Mockinjay 2

To me there's only really one place it makes sense to split them, but I can't remember exactly how early it comes in the book as I haven't read it in a while. I think it leaves enough material for Mockingjay part 1 though - it's always going to be slightly imbalanced as the book is written in 3 acts.
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where do you think it will end?
    I would say where Katniss gets shot perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robjames69 wrote: »

hadn't thought of that one actually, so maybe there are a couple of places it could be split!

I assumed they'd split it
    when she and Peeta are reunited and he tries to strangle her, or just after that. Leaving it with him in the hijacked state and Katniss preparing to go to District 2, so that part 2 opens with that bit and she gets shot early on.

Depends how much of a cliffhanger they want really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robjames69 wrote: »

I think it will end when Peeta comes back thinking Katniss is evil, it's a fairly decent ending and will give people a cliff-hanger for the next one, it did actually happen midway through the book too, cool or as Mystical says above:)

Again I think there was many plots in Mockinjay that were rushed and awkward, so I'm happy for the last one to go into two films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will end when Peeta comes back thinking Katniss is evil, it's a fairly decent ending and will give people a cliff-hanger for the next one, it did actually happen midway through the book too, cool or as Mystical says above:)

Again I think there was many plots in Mockinjay that were rushed and awkward, so I'm happy for the last one to go into two films.

Same, I wasn't sure at first but once I thought about it two films makes sense, same as the last Harry Potter book really needed two films.
    I wonder if they might even split it later than that and have some additional scenes in part 2 filling in bits or showing some bits Katniss references in the Epilogue that happened in those interim years?

I hope they do what they did for the HP epilogue and have Jennifer and Josh playing older Katniss and Peeta rather than some other actors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond excited! Is anyone else going to the midnight showing?

I also agree with what another poster said about Peeta in the first film. A lot of his charm was missing. Also, I think they downplayed the relationship quite a lot in the first one. In the book the relationship with Peeta in the games isn't all pretence. There's a real inner conflict in Katniss as she's trying to work out whether what she feels is real. However in the film it seemed to me like everything was an act and all about survival. They really need to rectify that in Catching Fire in order for the events that happen towards the end and in Mockingjay to not feel as though they have come out of nowhere.