Digital Graphic Novel Recommendations?

KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've never read a graphic novel before, but I saw someone mention this on Twitter. It looked absolutely amazing and I would gladly read graphic novels made in this style.

http://the-helix.net/

Any other recommendations? It doesn't have to be about any particular subject, as long as it's entertaining.

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads. Which writers/artists do you like? There are a few guides for new readers in this section already, might be worth having a nosy.
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. That Helix was a sort of interactive thing. Not really my cup of tea. But you should make it clear that's what you're looking for or people will just reel off a list of their favourite, non-digital, non-interactive, graphic novels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah. That Helix was a sort of interactive thing. Not really my cup of tea. But you should make it clear that's what you're looking for or people will just reel off a list of their favourite, non-digital, non-interactive, graphic novels.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what direction the OP wanted to go in but they've not really given us much to play with besides the link...
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Thanks for the replies... As I said in the OP, I've never read any graphic novels before, so I can't say which writers/artists I like. And I don't know how I could be any clearer what I'm looking for - I mention digital graphic novels in the title and linked to the style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    OP what do you mean by graphic novel? are comic trades what you want? if you get a comixology account they have a diverse range of product. what type of recommendations are you looking for Super-hero, sci-fi, crime noir or espionage for example?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jakeyv37 wrote: »
    OP what do you mean by graphic novel? are comic trades what you want? if you get a comixology account they have a diverse range of product. what type of recommendations are you looking for Super-hero, sci-fi, crime noir or espionage for example?

OP linked to an interactive-style web-comic so we can assume they want something in a similar art-style, possibly similar story and possibly semi-interactive...
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Hi! Thanks for the replies... As I said in the OP, I've never read any graphic novels before, so I can't say which writers/artists I like. And I don't know how I could be any clearer what I'm looking for - I mention digital graphic novels in the title and linked to the style.

If Motion Comics are your thing then you may like Operation Ajax which many hold in high regard.
    http://www.cognitocomics.com/operationajax/

It's only available for the IPad though as far as I'm aware.