Dallas Season 2

jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi All,

Not sure if it's been discussed yet, but Dallas Season 2 will kick off on Channel 5 on January 30th, thankfully we are not being made to wait ages for it to start this time!

Larry Hagman will feature in 6 episodes and his funeral will feature in the 8th episode.

Comments

• Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That date is incorrect.
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Dallas is returning to Channel5 with season 2 on Tuesday 29th January at 9PM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info!

I can't wait but it's sad knowing that Larry Hagman passed away doing what he loved most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it, it doesn't seem two minutes since season one finished. However it's so sad JR will be making his exit, I wasn't old enough to watch the first run of Dallas but love the revival and find it hard to imagine the series without JR so it must be worse for older fans of the series, I hope the series can continue with out JR.
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still showing as the 30th on the website, hopefully it will change to the correct date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Just been advertised on channel 5 as returning on the 29th at 9pm, also advertised on ultimate Dallas website as the 29th, can't wait !
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, should be good :)
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    It's also worth to note that we are getting it only 1 day after the US.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But don't forget we only get one episode on Channel 5 on the 29th but the US gets two episodes back to back on the 28th. So we will be a week behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    SoapWorld wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, it doesn't seem two minutes since season one finished. However it's so sad JR will be making his exit, I wasn't old enough to watch the first run of Dallas but love the revival and find it hard to imagine the series without JR so it must be worse for older fans of the series, I hope the series can continue with out JR.

aww i was, he's a legend :(

its good to see it return though
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    I think you can look forward to the return of Joan van Ark (Valene) and Ted Shackleford (Gary)

I wouldn't mind betting that Susan Howard (Donna) will return too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    This spoiler looks good :eek:
    The character of JR Ewing looks set to exit Dallas in a murder mystery “Who Killed J.R.?” According to TV Guide Magazine, “Dallas” executive producer Cynthia Cidre and the show’s writing staff decided to launch a “Who Killed J.R.?” mystery following the death of Larry Hagman.

The charcter of JR Ewing will appear in the first five episodes of Season 2. “We all felt having J.R. die of natural causes would have been completely inappropriate, not only to the character, but also to Larry Hagman,” Cidre said.

The executive producer received Patrick Duffy’s blessing to do the story and also ran the story by Hagman’s son, Preston.

It has not been revealed how the character will be shot in a throw back to the 1980 who done sensation or killed in some other form.

However it happens there is a long list of potential killers including his long time enemy Cliff Barnes, Pamela Rebecca or perhaps even Bobby’s ex wife Pamela.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can dallas survive without J.R though? people like myself that watched it when it first started. larry was the mean reason i watched the new one. I`ll still watch but not sure if i`ll enjoy as much without him. would be interested to see how its done ratings wise after his death. Maybe younger viewers watching who didn`t know him so it probably won`t affect them.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching the old series last night, and wondered whether Sly will come back for the
    funeral
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad I have just seen this. Didn't realise it was tonight, even though I have seen the trailers on C5
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    bgtension wrote: »
    I was watching the old series last night, and wondered whether Sly will come back for the
    funeral

Apparently she isn't which is disappointing as she was one of J.R. closest allies in the show, they tried to get her back but apparently the producers moved the goalposts at the last minute, Mandy Winger and his 2nd wife Cally Harper Ewing are returning though.
    Forum Member
    I think the following family members are back
    Lucy Ewing
    Ray Krebbs
    Gary Ewing
    Valene Ewing
    Donna Krebbs
    Cally Ewing

Thank goodness Jenna isn't returning
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No word on Susan Howard returning but all others in the list are back. There's also word of a big revelation at JR's funeral about another character's whereabouts.
    Forum Member
    jw2011 wrote: »
    No word on Susan Howard returning but all others in the list are back. There's also word of a big revelation at JR's funeral about another character's whereabouts.

We will just have to see:)
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »

I have a feeling they're going to reveal
    J.R. bribed Pam's doctor to tell her she was dying and he's been keeping her away all these years. Alternatively they'll probably just reveal Pam has actually died from her disease:(
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitch Pileggi played the nutter JR fought in the asylum in the last season of the original... I wonder if he is playing the same character?

Lol didn't occur to me he was Ann's husband in first series... I wonder if he is the only person to play two characters in Dallas?
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have got a feeling this season is going to better than the first. Already a good start.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there's a little too much going on for first episode, we don't need EVERY character appearing.
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    I think you can look forward to the return of Joan van Ark (Valene) and Ted Shackleford (Gary)

I wouldn't mind betting that Susan Howard (Donna) will return too

With JR soon to be gone and Val and Gary returning it would be the perfect chance to bring Abby Ewing onto the show the only character who could of stepped into JR 's shoes.
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    I think the following family members are back
    Lucy Ewing
    Ray Krebbs
    Gary Ewing
    Valene Ewing
    Donna Krebbs
    Cally Ewing

Thank goodness Jenna isn't returning

Jenna should return though really as her son is Bobby's real son unlike Christopher who was adopted.