Options

The Forum's Regenerated!

Comments

• Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is terrible! It's not the awful decor, will get used to that, it's the other things...it cuts off the right-hand side of the screen so half of posts are missing, but the left-hand side has a massive wasted gap...can't use the jump to forums bottom because of this...the floaty bar means that when using tablet keypad there is only line of gap between the display and the bar...and what's the crappy font when writing a message all about?...

DS, you couldn't have got it so wrong if you'd tried. Whoever is being paid for this amateurish redesign needs to have a serious career rethink.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's happened? Nothing has changed on my mobile!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a "live" reboot, the new posts thing is back, for example.

This is the DS "TV Movie" moment, isn't it? Some will like it, others hate it and we'll argue for a while about it ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how many people here have listened to one of Peter Davison's DVD commentaries where every few minutes he has to complain that the lighting is too bright.

Yeah... this is definitely a bit 80's.
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Lii wrote: »
    They've redecorated, I don't like it!

10/10
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Koquillion wrote: »
    This is terrible! It's not the awful decor, will get used to that, it's the other things...it cuts off the right-hand side of the screen so half of posts are missing, but the left-hand side has a massive wasted gap...can't use the jump to forums bottom because of this...the floaty bar means that when using tablet keypad there is only line of gap between the display and the bar...and what's the crappy font when writing a message all about?...

DS, you couldn't have got it so wrong if you'd tried. Whoever is being paid for this amateurish redesign needs to have a serious career rethink.

O.K., just noticed it's WIP and the mobile version doesn't cut off messages, so I take some of it back! Hope they sort it out soon though...
  • Options
    kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is utterly broken... Seriously, can't even use the forum on my iPad anymore, it cuts off the right hand side at "Search th" so all the quote buttons are missing, big chunks of posts etc. Doesn't matter if it's portrait or landscape either, exact same issue

While we're on the subject it looks terrible on a retina Macbook Pro too. That massive Digital Spy banner at the top takes up a third of the window and the ridiculous spacing on the topic page means a total of 6 threads visible. The topic review when posting new replies is utterly dreadful with no clear dividing line between individual posts. Same problem plagues the topic page with just light grey and dark grey, no dividing line.

Really hope this is just a half-done implementation, if not someone didn't do their UI design properly IMO.

if you change the skin of the forum bottom left to mobile NOT WIP it is navicable sir ( i agree its shockingly awful)
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    The moment obviously wasn't prepared for!
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to all the colour we had in the old days? I can't be doing with all this minimalist nonsense! I'd like to see what I'm doing!

Plus, it's worse than the leopard skin!
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I don't know where I am
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    It's horrible!
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a "live" reboot, the new posts thing is back, for example.

This is the DS "TV Movie" moment, isn't it? Some will like it, others hate it and we'll argue for a while about it ;)

No, this is the 'One Direction Live Link' moment.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't want the last one to go. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It needs roundels, grey looks betters with roundels.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be better if we could have Avatars.
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    There is an official thread for feedback in General Discussion.

Personally I like the new design but HATE the colour scheme, the grey really doesn't work. Layout is good though :)
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Miller: What I did, I did without choice, In the name of peace and sanity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote: »

Personally I like the new design but HATE the colour scheme, the grey really doesn't work. Layout is good though :)

Well, at the moment it looks half done. For example, they've gone "flat", but it still has 3D buttons. It might be an update in progressive, but it looks pretty ugly to me as-is.
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change, my dear. And it seems no one likes it. :P
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shortcrust wrote: »
    Doesn't really work with my ipad mini. I can't see parts of the page. Tut!

Me too, I hope they can adjust it or it's a waste of time trying to follow anything:mad:
  • Options
    sacavsworldsacavsworld Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    The right hand border of the forum is not showing on my iPad.
  • Options
    kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote: »

ive braved reading 7 pages of that in the new forum SKIN and its telling that the DS ppl are not responding muchly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I actually rather like it.

I don't like that the 'cult' section has disappeared though it didn't take long to figure out where it was.

The 'Add Reply' button could do with some work mind :)
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't changed on mobiles. Yet.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back the blue. Ever since the greys and whites took over, the forum hasn't nearly been as good, and is only going downhill! ONLY THE BLUE CAN SAVE IT!

:D