Options

Help, my memory is like a sieve

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As a kid, i used to read a lot of Doctor Who books from my local library. I've forgotten most of them but three standout, can anyone help me identify them?

Two involved the Pertwee incarnation and UNIT : In one two Brigadiers encounter the Blinovitch Limitation Effect, the other involves a green vegetative type of Monster attacking Eart abbe UNIT headquarters.

The other, i seem to remember had the Master, Autons and was not on Earth, I think it may have been Troughton or Hartnell incarnation.

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were these Novelizations of TV stories or original stories?

The Two Brigadiers sounds like Mawdryn Undead but that's a 5th Doctor Story not a 3rd Doctor one.

The Master and the Autons only turn up in the 3rd Doctor era and only appear together in one TV story.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Blinovitch Limitation effect was first introduced by the third Doctor so maybe you are combining more than one story together?

Green Monsters could be Inferno or The Green Death?
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, should be visiting the folks soon, will have to try and dig out the books. I remember the ones I enjoyed were written by Terrance Dicks and so they probably were direct narratives of TV stories rather than separate canon. In the absence of the internet they were my only link to the doctors I had never watched.