Options

Does this series of X Factor NEED Tamera Foster to win ?

Comments

• Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I agree with what you guys are saying to some extent. I want to see her have her own image and have her own sound not release Music that could easily be on a Rihanna or Rita Ora album. The blonde hair isn't really helping either, I hope she goes back to black...

The blonde was bad timing bordering on sabotage.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »

She didn't need to do that at all tbh
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    She didn't need to do that at all tbh

Not sure what the colour of her hair has to do with anything. The only important thing is that she can sing better than the other contestants, maybe with the exception of Hannah.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    But it was blonde before, wasn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what the colour of her hair has to do with anything. The only important thing is that she can sing better than the other contestants, maybe with the exception of Hannah.

She can sing for sure but in the pop world image is VERY important, which is why she should have her own style and image - this is probably the biggest factor of them all. I liked her in the audition as the way she was - she should go back to that - I mean she did have blonde hair before she looked decent and very young
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can sing for sure but in the pop world image is VERY important, which is why she should have her own style and image - this is probably the biggest factor of them all. I liked her in the audition as the way she was - she should go back to that

Agree with you that she needs to have her own style and image. So many artists these days sound and look so similar.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    But it was blonde before, wasn't it?

Yes, but they made it black, then blonde again when she was set to sing Beyonce, who was blonde in Dreamgirls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you that she needs to have her own style and image. So many artists these days sound and look so similar.

Which is why I want her to have her own style instead of people trying to compare to Rita Ora, Rihanna and Beyonce and I can actually see why. At that age, she is trying to find her own way and hopefully she will
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a fan of his but technically nick and Sam b are better singers as well
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of his but technically nick and Sam b are better singers as well

Not a fan of them but I feel like those two are the least likely to find any success after the show. :o
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    What about Susan Boyle? If she can sell records, I think Sam Bailey definitely can. She is way better than Mary Byrne was. My parents love her. There is a market for everyone if they are talented enough, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of them but I feel like those two are the least likely to find any success after the show. :o

Totally Agree - out of the 3 boys, I think Luke will be more successful out of the 3. Sam C and Nicholas will be long gone after the live shows are over (Nick might win but I can't see him having a long term successful career tbh
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    emma555 wrote: »
    What about Susan Boyle? If she can sell records, I think Sam Bailey definitely can. She is way better than Mary Byrne was. My parents love her. There is a market for everyone if they are talented enough, in my opinion.

Yes and so can Leanne Mitchell who won The Voice UK, but she's not exactly setting the charts alight....:o
    Totally Agree - out of the 3 boys, I think Luke will be more successful out of the 3. Sam C and Nicholas will be long gone after the live shows are over (Nick might win but I can't see him having a long term successful career tbh

Luke will definitely be the most successful. I'm hoping Nicholas is the shock exit as everyone seems to think he'll win, the show needs that type controversy. He's good vocally but I feel like there isn't a market for him.
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree with you but the point you made was only hannah is a better singer than her but Sam b and nick have nailed their songs more consistently than tamera in the live shows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke will definitely be the most successful. I'm hoping Nicholas is the shock exit as everyone seems to think he'll win, the show needs that type controversy. He's good vocally but I feel like there isn't a market for him.

That will be the best shock exit ever. That guy Nicholas is one dull singer - yes you are right he has a good voice but he puts me to sleep :yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will be the best shock exit ever. That guy Nicholas is one dull singer - yes you are right he has a good voice but he puts me to sleep :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Mark my words this week will be the start of the downplaying of Nicholas. Disco won't be a good theme for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark my words this week will be the start of the downplaying of Nicholas. Disco won't be a good theme for him.

He might shock us...then again maybe not.
    Disco week is a very challenging week compared to most weeks Most times you can stand there and sing but in disco week, you have to move about and keep in tune while moving about - not easy. Some may get away with it by standing there while they have dancers around them. Nicholas and disco week is like chalk and cheese. Sam C might do a slightly better job but he'll struggle too. This is more for Tamera, Kingsland, Rough Copy and probably Hannah
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    In a nutshell NO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    In a nutshell NO

The show needs someone who will appeal to all ages, and Tamera is just that person.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    The show needs someone who will appeal to all ages, and Tamera is just that person.

No. She's not. You may think so but plenty disagree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    No. She's not. You may think so but plenty disagree.

We shall just have to wait and see what happens.
  • Options
    Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    Well call me cynical but I've seen this show before, and just because the judges blow smoke up someones ass doesn't make them a star. They need to make the show sound important, they need to make the contestants seem special. But it's all just empty rhetoric in the end.

I *heart* you for this post Eve.

Also, as a viewer I couldn't care less whether the winner sells records or not. I know it's all a load of blarney and has been for years. Most winners don't sell records, most contestants are not global superstars and most viewers don't give a monkey's.

It wouldn't matter if Wagner rose from the grave and won it with zombie magic. People will still tune in next year because the auditions are always a bit of a laugh and there's not much else on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D

I like him even more now.

The silly mare. I'd be too ashamed to admit to doing it instead of telling him where do one and taking myself home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She doesn't appeal to me. I might like her a little more if not for the negative publicity, but she doesn't really grab my attention. I feel like I've seen it all before.