Eleven's Regeneration

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't think anyone could have predicted that Wilf locking himself in a radioactive chamber would ultimately be responsible for Ten's Regeneration - yet it seemed entirely befitting somehow.

What to you think will be the most befitting cause for Eleven's Regeneration?

(I mean, apart from the obvious.... Stepping on a Lego.)

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    I'd like him lying down for a change. No big explosion, just a quiet goodbye and a peaceful regeneration. A bit like Logopolis.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    I don't think anyone could have predicted that Wilf locking himself in a radioactive chamber would ultimately be responsible for Ten's Regeneration - yet it seemed entirely befitting somehow.

Maybe we need to step back and think about why a given exit is fitting. Because Ten was the champion of the common man, the most human of the Doctors?

In which case, Eleven's would have to be a sacrifice in order to close an instability in space-time, or to prevent a past event from ever happening. He's done a lot of that.

Or poisoned Jammie Dodger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we need to step back and think about why a given exit is fitting. Because Ten was the champion of the common man, the most human of the Doctors?

In which case, Eleven's would have to be a sacrifice in order to close an instability in space-time, or to prevent a past event from ever happening. He's done a lot of that.

Ahhh... The Wibbly-Wobbly route. Of course. Interesting!
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think saving Clara would be nice actually, considering how many time she's saved him.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member

I remember a review in Doctor Who Monthly (I am very old, by the way) of Peter Davison's final story. It said something along the lines of how fitting it was that the 4th Doctor 'died' saving all of creation, and yet the 5th Doctor sacrificed himself to save a single person. With that in mind, I think your suggestion above is spot on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Or poisoned Jammie Dodger.

Or he slips on some edible ball bearings the 10th leaves lying around.