five and fiver have limited Series Record data

BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With acknowledgement to hummy.org.uk member hambros, who posted the details there.

five, and fiver have limited series record data.....check out the EPG

Link to hummy.org.uk post

Comments

• BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'five' and their other channels now appear to have Series Record data for the whole Week!!!

Check out 'The Patriot' on five Sunday 18 May @21:00.....you will note the differnet colour in the EPG denoting a split.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Barry!
    Barry wrote: »
    Check out 'The Patriot' on five Sunday 18 May @21:00.....you will note the different colour in the EPG denoting a split.
    But will it work - SE recordings!?!

I can't wait to get CSI on a SR timer! CSI:NY especially, as that has been jumping around like no business recently... are these ID-ed up Barry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    son_t wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Barry!

But will it work - SE recordings!?!

I can't wait to get CSI on a SR timer! CSI:NY especially, as that has been jumping around like no business recently... are these ID-ed up Barry?

I don't watch five very often, so if you can post the time of the programme you want to set. I'll check out the data.

First glance it looks ok for neighbours etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) I'm at work, so can't check myself ;) cheers for the effort...

CSI on Five - Tuesdays 21:00
    CSI:NY on Five - Saturday 22:00
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) I'm at work, so can't check myself ;) cheers for the effort...

CSI on Five - Tuesdays 21:00
    CSI:NY on Five - Saturday 22:00

Looking good:

CSI on five - Tuesday is definitely linked, data looks good

CSI:NY on five - Saturdays data looks good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Many thanks Barry...
  • geebee.ukgeebee.uk Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Does the Series link work correctly for Five?

My other half is getting a bit fretful; :) she used to regulary set Neighbors and Home & Away each day because series link wasnt available for Five. Yesterday she saw that series links was now available and set a series link. Now the Humax wants to record all occurances of each program, e.g. Neighbors at 17:30, early hours of the morning and midday episodes.

Surely this isnt correct?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only set the early afternoon episode as a test earlier, and that appears to be working OK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    geebee.uk wrote: »
    Does the Series link work correctly for Five?

My other half is getting a bit fretful; :) she used to regulary set Neighbors and Home & Away each day because series link wasnt available for Five. Yesterday she saw that series links was now available and set a series link. Now the Humax wants to record all occurances of each program, e.g. Neighbors at 17:30, early hours of the morning and midday episodes.

Surely this isnt correct?
    Is this a new American series on Five, never heard of it! ;)
    Forum Member
    Caoimhghin wrote: »
    Is this a new American series on Five, never heard of it! ;)

It might be, I dont watch it myself. But on the odd occasion Ive caught sight of my wife watching it, I must agree the dialect was rather strange :)
    Forum Member
    I only set the early afternoon episode as a test earlier, and that appears to be working OK.

How strange, Ive got 2 Humax in the house and both exhibit the same problem. Series Link on "Neighbours" schedules an early morning, midday and evening program slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK when I carried out my test earlier it was only just before the early afternoon episode.

Having carried out further checks on the Crid data, all 3 episodes of neighbours shown daily have been annotated with the same Series Crid.

The first showing of a new episode is at 1345, repeated at 1735, and the next Day at 0535.... all the same programme crid....so

If you set a Series Timer tomorrows 1735 episode in the EPG.......you will actually find it has scheduled the 0535, and 1345 episodes, and thereafter only the 1345 episodes....
    Forum Member
    OK when I carried out my test earlier it was only just before the early afternoon episode.

Having carried out further checks on the Crid data, all 3 episodes of neighbours shown daily have been annotated with the same Series Crid.

The first showing of a new episode is at 1345, repeated at 1735, and the next Day at 0535.... all the same programme crid....so

If you set a Series Timer tomorrows 1735 episode in the EPG.......you will actually find it has scheduled the 0535, and 1345 episodes, and thereafter only the 1345 episodes....

Thanks Barry, seems like my Humax is not alone in this matter. Is this something that is specific to Five? I'm confused now :confused:, are you saying that only the 13:45 timeslot will be recorded from now on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geebee.uk wrote: »
    Thanks Barry, seems like my Humax is not alone in this matter. Is this something that is specific to Five? I'm confused now :confused:, are you saying that only the 13:45 timeslot will be recorded from now on?

It is not easy to get your head round (and I don't mean to be rude)

If you set it as per my post #13 then yes, after intially recording the 0545 episode, and then the 1345 epsiode, it will be 1345 thereafter as this is the first showing of a new episode.

Remember although there are 3 showings a Day, the first showing of the latest is at 1345, repeated at 1745, and the next day 0535
    Forum Member
    Cheers Barry,

Im just going to run with it and see what records.

Thanks everyone for all your comments.

Glenn.
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, great to hear this is working

On a similar note to the recording of Neighbours above, As a test I set it to record Home & Away, I set it to record the 6pm showing on Five and selected series record, this automatically sets it to record the early morning showing on Fiver

Not sure what it will record as cannot check at the moment, but should it only look at the channel you schedule or accross all, seems like it checks Five & Fiver and just schedules the latest regarless of channel

Select H&A 6pm on Five, sets the link on H&A at 10:30am on Fiver
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep they have done exactly the same as C4 did in that they have annotated the same Series Crid data no matter which channel H & A is on.
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep they have done exactly the same as C4 did in that they have annotated the same Series Crid data no matter which channel H & A is on.

Cheers for the quick reply, is this how it should be or is it a mistake ?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    'five' and their other channels now appear to have Series Record data for the whole Week!!!

Check out 'The Patriot' on five Sunday 18 May @21:00.....you will note the differnet colour in the EPG denoting a split.

Now this is what ITV should be doing but still cant get it right.Come on ITV pull your finger out.
    I never thought we would see Series Links on Fives channels any time soon so this is good news. And the fact that they have given out correct Split Event data is even better news.
    Ive set it to record and all looks fine at the moment so im now looking forward to see if I get full recordings of both parts.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    An edit to my post above:

I see that ITV have now got Split Events working as they should be.
    Both This Morning and 2 fast 2 furious set fine when selecting either series or one programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Just need Virgin 1 to pull their fingers out now & introduce it.
    Maybe they should make it a clause in the Freeview carriage contracts that all companies should carry series data

But nice to see Five have now joined in, it'll be good when the new series of CSI makes an appearance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    An edit to my post above:

I see that ITV have now got Split Events working as they should be.
    Both This Morning and 2 fast 2 furious set fine when selecting either series or one programme.

I just checked and you are right... I wonder why it is a Series too? Will ITV subsquently ID all split films with the same series id? I will try scheduling this as a one off and see if the Humax auto play out the two parts...
  • andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just checked and you are right... I wonder why it is a Series too? Will ITV subsquently ID all split films with the same series id? I will try scheduling this as a one off and see if the Humax auto play out the two parts...

I noticed that the beeb have flagged the current run of Indiana Jones films as a series which is quite handy, maybe it is something like that, a run of related films (or which they think are related in some way at least).
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyhurley wrote: »
    I noticed that the beeb have flagged the current run of Indiana Jones films as a series which is quite handy, maybe it is something like that, a run of related films (or which they think are related in some way at least).
    Actually I think that kind of thing is unhelpful. They did the same on the BBC4 medieval season - all the programmes were on the same series I think - which meant I couldn't select all the ones that really were part of a series together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Dirt' on Fiver shows the next episode to be on 17/05 20:15 - 21:00 i.e 45 minutes.

When I choose Series Record for this it also selects the repeat of this episode on 18/05 23:00-00:00 i.e 60 minutes.

Is the time difference in the schedule responsible for this duplication or will I now get recordings of all the broadcasts of every episode?