Channel 4's best comedy programmes, 2100, Sat 25 Aug

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like them to show Desmonds again, I know it was on Trouble years ago, before they got rid of the channel
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    can't believe Nightingales didnt make the list
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    These kinds of shows are always biased towards recent stuff, particularly when the public are involved.
    The public could only pick from a short-list. I suspect C4 put some reason programmes on the short-list because it would have been embarrassing to have to admit so much of their good stuff was quite old now.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    'Greatest Ever CH4 Comedy', does seem against the spirit of this type of thing.
    Presumably it's for rights reasons; they needed to show clips, and wanted to show an episode of the winning programme, plus the documentary. I don't mind them celebrating their own success as long as they are upfront about it.
  • phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footsolder wrote: »
    No love for Nathan Barley?

I kept wondering when it was going to appear but it never did.
    Think Peep Show is funnier than Father Ted though, but that's my opinion and not many people seem to agree :-)

I was surprised not to see Nathan Barley as well, but then again I don't know anyone who's even heard of it, let alone seen it. It's even less well known than Darkplace.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drop the Dead Donkey deserved more than 16th place. Also good to see Desmonds in the top 30.

I love Drop the Dead Donkey! I used to watch it on Paramount Comedy. Shame there was only one series of Garth Merenghi's Darkplace that was good too. Agree with Father Ted for number one.

Shows that CHannel 4 had a lot of good comedy.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    I was surprised not to see Nathan Barley as well, but then again I don't know anyone who's even heard of it, let alone seen it. It's even less well known than Darkplace.

Nathan Barley was class - as is everything Charlie Brooker does (apart from the Black Mirror trilogy at Christmas, just too dark for me and I am black as night!). Definitely overdue for a re-run.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    Star Stories is miles better than PhoneShop! And Friday Night Dinner was dreck too.

Love Star Stories, brilliantly written and so well observed. Nigel Martin-Smith must be seething with rage :D
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 Network wrote: »

9 of those entries in the top 10 are complete rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Nathan Barley is class.
  • Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I can agree with Father Ted being number 1 overall, but possibly the greatest ever individual episode of a Channel 4 comedy is - in my opinion - the 'IT Crowd' one where they go on the trip to the theatre.

The comic timing in a few of the scenes in the last ten minutes or so of the episode are probably second to none. I recorded that particular episode from over a week ago and despite seeing it numerous times it still leaves me laughing uncontrollably.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Was it limited to sitcoms and sketch shows?

I thought 8 Out of 10 Cats would have had a shout. And Whose Line.

I mean SNL/FNL and Big Night Out are different beasts to the rest of them.