AI 9 April 09 Year Of Birth Songs Discussion 9pm( No Spoilers Please)

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babysweet wrote: »
    Adam is the best this year, and should win, no doubt. For me there have been better years, with better singers.

There have been better years with better singers on the whole but there has never been anyone of Adam's quality as a singer or performer in a talent show and that is acknowledged by everyone I know I have worked on these shows around the world for over a decade. Leona is an obvious comparison but to be honest, there have been better female singers in non-English speaking countries who due to their language barrier and limited market are not going to reach her level of international success.

I have given up on this year from anything other than a professional interest because I get the impression that an exceptional talent is going to be beaten by scheming and a sob story. Allison is the only other one in this year's contest who is anything other than ordinary and even she is considerable leagues behind Adam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babysweet wrote: »
    There's something lacking in her. Could be personality, or maybe a lack of real depth. Whatever it is she leaves me cold. I'd prefer Adam over Leona, but he still has to prove his staying power and versatility to me.

She certainly couldn't be boring or bland because people can't stop talking about her, even when she has no relation to the topic at hand! :eek:

I think Leona has a great personality and is one of the few singers to have a real emotional impact on me through any of these shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Absolutely 100% deserved standing ovation. Outstanding.

I completely agree. Adam takes my breath away every week - I ADORE him!

Btw, I thought Simon was out of order telling Allison to 'lighten up' (or whatever it was). I think she is very down to earth and funny, in fact, a really lovely girl. She definitely should not be in the bottom three this week with that amazing performance.

I hope Kris or Scott go.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Thought the last 3 were the best, Adam being the best, thought he was excellent!

Danny was ok, although his arrangement reminded me of the theme to "Moonlighting" (80's progamme with a young Bruce Willis!).

Also the songs made me feel very old, as they were all out when I was in the senior school!:cry::)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did the Judges say about Danny this week?

(I managed to miss that. :o )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically they weren't keen on the arrangement but thought he was good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <Glen> wrote: »
    I know where you're coming from, it always feels that way as he's usually towards the end. I think he's only been in the first half of the show... once?

Don't you think they do it for ratings. How many people do you think would watch the rest of the show if he was on first?
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ Probably the ones that are voting for the other seven contestants.