Best performance of a marketing task ever?

2»

Comments

• redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't actually remember much about that task, other than I thought it was quite cringeworthy with the way it had been marketed - and Simon's rap and dance in the ad was quite embarassing.....

In the real world I dont think anyone would want to buy those 'Street' trainers, but I actually liked the look of that cereal and would maybe buy it.:D

It wasn't as bad as Jam - cos music's in your soul (or someting equally bad). Street was much better, and example of team working well together. I hearted Tre and Simon, great double act.

I thought that this was the best and worse execution of a task I've seen on the apprentice (I only started watching in series 3, so maybe better in 1 or 2). The pants thing was terrible and I was cringing so badly at Mona's presentation. Although I felt sorry for her as she did state she'd be rubbish at it.

The parrot stuff was excellent and I particularly liked James, who seems to be coming into his own.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Kate's team were very very good - I cant remember many of the marketting tasks from before, but this surely is up there.

I think Kate has put herself right up the top of the pack now. She was the best PM of this series so far, though probably not the best ever. I think she is looking very good for the Interview stage at least at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I can't actually remember much about that task, other than I thought it was quite cringeworthy with the way it had been marketed - and Simon's rap and dance in the ad was quite embarassing.....

In the real world I dont think anyone would want to buy those 'Street' trainers, but I actually liked the look of that cereal and would maybe buy it.:D

Ooh yes. Upper middle class white boy doing his interpretation of "urban"-speak. Keringe!

How that guy won is totally beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I think one of the most impressive things for me was when Ben (who I generally feel is a pillock) accepted the team taking his idea and changing it (in ways he seemed to disagree with) to make it a better idea without throwing a Philip style hissy-fit.

If only he'd shown the same team spirit when they were tasked with making exercise equipment - not a torture device for the next saw movie (someone else's gag I know but I thought it deserved repeating) he might be being argued as one of the better candidates on these boards.
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kris wrote: »
    If only he'd shown the same team spirit when they were tasked with making exercise equipment - not a torture device for the next saw movie (someone else's gag I know but I thought it deserved repeating) he might be being argued as one of the better candidates on these boards.

It was his boardroom performance after losing the 'beauty products' task by not keeping tabs on the costs that I found so appalling.

But I also blame Sugar (or the production company) for not keeping control of the situation.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kris wrote: »
    If only he'd shown the same team spirit when they were tasked with making exercise equipment
    Isn't that what happened, though? Ben's original idea for the exercise device was fairly simple. It was Majid who wanted to add all the bells and whistles. Ben went along with it - so he shares blame for how it turned out, but it also showed he could take on board other people's ideas.

Ben is often underrated, in my opinion.
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Ben is often underrated, in my opinion.

I think he'd disliked more for the very negative impressions he's caused rather than a lack of positives.

And some of the negatives are a bit trivial: Braces, funny walk.

So you may well be right.

He'd have to pull something pretty spectacular out of the hat to redeem himself in most people's eyes, though, I suspect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Mona just shouldn't present - she doesn't have the charm to carry it off

you are all forgetting my 'most heinous pitch' moment when that woman (I can't even remember her name I was so horrified) took off her shoes and danced! I still have nightmares about that - think it was first series?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tern wrote: »
    I think he'd disliked more for the very negative impressions he's caused rather than a lack of positives.

And some of the negatives are a bit trivial: Braces, funny walk.

So you may well be right.

He'd have to pull something pretty spectacular out of the hat to redeem himself in most people's eyes, though, I suspect.

It's Ben's nasty character rather than any lack of ability that damns him in most people's eyes, I think. That moment when he snidely informed Sir Alan that James had been crying outside the boardroom; I don't even like James much and I still thought at that moment "You cheap little sh*t".
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you are all forgetting my 'most heinous pitch' moment when that woman (I can't even remember her name I was so horrified) took off her shoes and danced! I still have nightmares about that - think it was first series?

Oh, lord! That was classic. I think Nick said on an Apprentice Greatest Disasters show that he had been cringing with embarrassment for her.