Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good enough reason to win on Saturday is that if we don't Ashley Cole will have his seventh FA cup win. That's as many as LFC in it's history:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    A good enough reason to win on Saturday is that if we don't Ashley Cole will have his seventh FA cup win. That's as many as LFC in it's history:eek:

Really have to win absolutley cannot stand cashley hope he doesn't start shooting people if they lose though ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw Cisse's 2nd goal - I had no idea what the result was -

Good Lord. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    That 2nd Papiss Cisse goal was one of the best goals I've ever seen. Outrageous.
    Just watched it ....Wow. Hopefully Suarez was watching and will try the same past Cech on Sat :)
    Dangerman wrote: »
    League position is still vitally important for Chelsea , arguably more important than winning the Cup as getting into next year's CL is Roman's be all and end all.
    If they win the CL then all else will be forgiven but if they lose and 'only' get into the EL then heads will roll and not just Di Matteo's

Yes I realise they had to twist rather than stick with trying to get 4th. I think, badly, I was just trying to point out players can play with 3 days rest, players can be given 30 mins. Stevie G is as likely to injure himself stepping off a kerb as he is playing 30 mins football these days.

I'll let it lie now :) ( Whilst hoping some of the players who play Sat can play in the league fixture with Chelsea next week, another I'm attending) :D
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Another week, another goal of the season. :p
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Just saw Cisse's 2nd goal - I had no idea what the result was -

Good Lord. :eek:

Unbelievable eh? Doesn't look real! I had to watch it twice to make sure I hadn't imagined it.
    lfcred wrote: »
    Just watched it ....Wow. Hopefully Suarez was watching and will try the same past Cech on Sat :)

Ha, TPTB would still find a way of robbing Suarez of goal of the season even if he did manage better than Cisse's :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My team for Saturday would be

Reina
    Johnson
    Skertel----Agger
    Enrique
    Downing
    Gerrard---Spearing----Maxi
    Bellamy

Suarez

Subs:
    Doni , Carragher ,Kelly, Shelvey , Sterling ,
    Carroll , Kuyt.

Can't see him selecting that as Carra is bound to start.He'll probably have a more experienced face on the bench than Sterling. CM is once again a problem as they've all been poor lately , Gerrard aside. Ideally , deep into the second half I'd have Shelvey on for Bellamy , with Gerrard then moving forward to behind Luis in attack,
    Maybe harsh on Caroll for his effort lately but I'd keep him and Dirk in reserve for the possibility of extra time.
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer Gerrard close to Suarez as in the Everton & Norwich games but the problem being the Centre mids behind (oh how we miss Lucas, even Adam would do now!), as I don't want to see Henderson, Spearing together to be honest. Therefore the alternative would be 2 up front. So either:
    Reina
    Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
    Kuyt Gerrard Spearing Bellamy
    Suarez Carroll
    or
    Reina
    Kuyt Shelvey Spearing Bellamy
    Gerrard
    Suarez
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest, what would be the team you would play in the league match v Chelsea?
    Would it depend on the result of the Cup Final? Or would you play a similar team to the one that played v Fulham?
    Forum Member
    Just out of interest, what would be the team you would play in the league match v Chelsea?
    Would it depend on the result of the Cup Final? Or would you play a similar team to the one that played v Fulham?

Never ever again I sincerely hope!

I'm curious why you think we'd need to rest players for the league game regardless of the result on Saturday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer Gerrard close to Suarez as in the Everton & Norwich games but the problem being the Centre mids behind (oh how we mis Lucas, even Adam would do now!), as I don't want to see Henderson, Spearing together to be honest. Therefore the alternative would be 2 up front. So either:
    Reina
    Kuyt Gerrard Spearing Bellamy
    Suarez Carroll
    or
    Reina
    Kuyt Shelvey Spearing Bellamy
    Gerrard
    Suarez

I agree , the selection dilemma for KD is that we've had so much dog mess across our midfield lately. I was relectant to put Downing in after last nights atrocious half from him as a sub but there's little other options,
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Papa Cisse what a signing.

£9m Bargain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never ever again I sincerely hope!

I'm curious why you think we'd need to rest players for the league game?

It is not a case of resting players, more of the fact that the Cup Final might be a drain on both sets of players, and so, by playing "sqaud" players, they might be more more fresh than those that played (or will play) in the Cup final.
    Forum Member
    It is not a case of resting players, more of the fact that the Cup Final might be a drain on both sets of players, and so, by playing "sqaud" players, they might be more more fresh than those that played (or will play) in the Cup final.

Frankly I'm fed up of this b%llocks about players being tired. After the cup final we have two games left, seriously what is the problem, a little fatigue.

I think it was pretty damn obvious the playing of our so called "squad players" failed miserably last night, I sat through it so have first hand experience of it! To do so again would be an insult to the fans. If the players are too tired, bless them, I'd rather see our reserve side out than the shambles of a team that played Fulham last night.
  • SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    Papa Cisse what a signing.

£9m Bargain.

Called it at the time, I'm jealous we didn't get him, he was no mystery either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly I'm fed up of this b%llocks about players being tired. After the cup final we have two games left, seriously what is the problem, a little fatigue.

I think it was pretty damn obvious the playing of our so called "squad players" failed miserably last night, I sat through it so have first hand experience of it! To do so again would be an insult to the fans. If the players are too tired, bless them, I'd rather see our reserve side out than the shambles of a team that played Fulham last night.

Sorry, :o:o so you would play the Cup Final team twice v Chelsea then? Or would you make any changes? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Sorry, :o:o so you would play the Cup Final team twice v Chelsea then? Or would you make any changes? :confused:

No, we have more than 11 players . What I would not do as I said is play the team that played Fulham.

I've already posted my possible team for Sat above, so them with the likes of Downing, Carragher, Kelly thrown into the mix. I'm sure we must have atleast half a dozen players on their 70k+ a week who can play twice in 4 days. I am sure if you ask Dirk, he would offer to play everyday of the week if he could.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, we have more than 11 players . What I would not do as I said is play the team that played Fulham.

I've already posted my possible team for Sat above, so them with the likes of Downing, Carragher, Kelly thrown into the mix. I'm sure we must have atleast half a dozen players on their 70k+ a week who can play twice in 4 days. I am sure if you ask Dirk, he would offer to play everyday of the week if he could.

Okay, fair enough, I was only asking, I did't mean to antagonise you in any way. :o
    Forum Member
    Okay, fair enough, I was only asking, I did't mean to antagonise you in any way. :o

You didn't.....but....I've spent the last few pages bitching about being mugged off paying out to see the pathetic dire performance last night then I see you ask if we will play that team again v Chelsea. I mean if we deservedly get beat at home to a Fulham side who conceeded 4 at Everton a few days earlier, that team do not deserve a run out again a week later v Chelsea.
    Forum Member
    I agree , the selection dilemma for KD is that we've had so much dog mess across our midfield lately. I was relectant to put Downing in after last nights atrocious half from him as a sub but there's little other options,

Yep, indeed. To see Gerrard play close up with Suarez which has worked well in the two instances mentioned earlier(Everton & Norwich) means we play which two in CM? No contenders stand out sadly.
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    It was the wrong team choice imo. I didn't know the team until it was read out by Peter Mcdowell at the ground and i groaned at the thought of a midfield 3 of Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey for starters. Alan has summed it up below.
    It wasn't the defence I had a probelm with so resting Reina, Johnson, Agger, Enrique was not an issue.

I'd have played Kuyt up with Carroll, as he wasn't it should not have had Hendo, Spearing, with Shelvey slightly ahead.

Let's not kid ourselves Kenny rested the players, that was his sole aim not to play others who may force their way into Saturdays team. I am despearte for us to win the FA Cup so support resting the players to a degree but I don't see the harm in having them in reserve if needed...they were needed, supporters who attend the game should not be short changed like that.

Exactly.
    Do you mean you would have played 4-4-2 with Kuyt and Carroll up top ? We switched to that in the second half, which didn't really make much of a difference

Obviously Kenny's main aim would have been to rest the majority of the starting XI, but there would have been Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing for example fighting it out for places in midfield. Carroll managed to play himself into the semi final team after his performance against Blackburn and I doubt Maxi would have made an appearance in the 2nd half if he didn't score those two goals

I understand fans being unhappy, but at the same time I'm sure a few would have moaned had we played a stronger XI with the cup final on the weekend. Kenny also mentioned throughout the week that he would be giving a few squad players an opportunity
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it will be very much a weak Chelsea team next Tuesday since 4th is now gone. If Liverpool field the same I don't think SKY will be too happy. :)
    Forum Member
    Do you mean you would have played 4-4-2 with Kuyt and Carroll up top ? We switched to that in the second half, which didn't really make much of a difference

Obviously Kenny's main aim would have been to rest the majority of the starting XI, but there would have been Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing for example fighting it out for places in midfield. Carroll managed to play himself into the semi final team after his performance against Blackburn and I doubt Maxi would have made an appearance in the 2nd half if he didn't score those two goals

I understand fans being unhappy, but at the same time I'm sure a few would have moaned had we played a stronger XI with the cup final on the weekend. Kenny also mentioned throughout the week that he would be giving a few squad players an opportunity

I'd have given that a go yes as Carroll was isolated and was no real threat up by himself as our midfield was hapless. I don't think we really switched to 4 4 2 as such, granted Dirk found himself there the odd time, but he was subbed with 15 mins to go. I just sort of knew a midfield 3 of henderson, Spearing & Shelvey (granted who did try to get forward) wasn't going to create anything.

I want to win that FA Cup desperately as I've said but as Chelsea have proved tonight by playing a full strength team (yes I know their need was greater than ours) you sometimes need a back up plan. How many times has Gerrard came on for the last 30 and turned the game for us in the past.

A few squad members I expected but as I say for me the 3 names mentioned was always going to be a non starter. Raheem Sterling whilst doing nothing spectacular lifted the place temporarily when he came on as atleast he was willing to run at their defenders, nobody else was.

Anyway I like to think I'm "normally" a relatively positive poster on here, not getting on the teams back or managers so today's rants are a bit out of charachter but I do feel let down as I put in my initial post. Going the match to support your team isn't cheap, if they are going to play second rate players reduce the price to fill the ground and get the players who are chosen up for the game.I'm off now, Night all :D
    Forum Member
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Think it will be very much a weak Chelsea team next Tuesday since 4th is now gone. If Liverpool field the same I don't think SKY will be too happy. :)

Nor will I . Wanna buy some tickets :D
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    SlowRap wrote: »
    Called it at the time, I'm jealous we didn't get him, he was no mystery either.
    Has to be the main reason Comolli has gone

The owners wanted signings like Cisse and yet I honestly don't know why and how we ended up paying over the odds for players like Downing
This discussion has been closed.