What Josie did next...?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
There still seems to be a fair amount of interest in Josie Gibson and what she has been up since she left the BB house.

She split up from John James a year ago, and seems to have a brand new fiance, who I think is called Luke.
So it seems strange that most of the discussion about her is in association with John James? Maybe she needs a seperate thread to discuss what she has been up to in the past couple of years.

Josie is still in the press and media and writing her weekly column for Now magazine...

JOSIES COLUMN

'I'M FIGHTING MY DRINK DEMONS HEAD ON'

God almighty me and Luke have been right depressed this week. I threw a mega housewarming party and mamouth session has left me feeling sucidal. I have vague memories of licking a strangers boobs and rowing with Lukey about having a shag pass.
It brought back a lot of memories about the old Josie before I left bristol for the bright lights of the big brother house.
Before my life changed I'd stay out sometimes for whole week on drink and drug binges. I don't ever want to be that person again. I have to much to lose now, from Lukey to amazing work opportunities and my mates who support me through everything.
I have sworn off the demon drink for year and i am determined to stick to it. i did eight months off few years back so i am determined to make it to 12 months this time.
I have also given myself swift kick up the arse after spending time with me old mucker Sady. We've been mates since we were kidsand she's just been diagnosed with the big C. She starts her chemo next week but is having hard time with the drugs she's been put on. here's stunning 28-year-old who's about to lose her hair and me feeling crap for abusing my own body. her bravery's made me have long think about the person I want to be and and the person i left behind two years ago....

It is impressive that she wrote this presumably after sunday, when there are pictures of her drinking at a party, on twitter, and managed to get this article published.
I would have thought that it would have taken at least a week to write an article and to get it published.?

There are also a series of photos of Josie in a bikini that were published in various magazines last week.
Which show how hard it is for a celebrity to live without being papped unexpectedly.

Those photos are so uncomplimentary, and they seem to have been sold to a wide variety of different magazines by whoever took them.
In this weeks Now column, Josie says how upset she was at these photos, and she will be going on an immediate diet.

But this weeks Heat magazine are also running pictures of Josie in a bikini, but these are different colours and there is a cute pic of Josie in a blue bikini looking down at some blue flippers. And this article, which claims to be exclusive, is saying how happy Josie is with her life now, and therefore she is happy with her weight and figure.

Can anyone explain which magazine has the correct story? Is Josie happy with her weight and relationship, or upset with her weight and trying to diet?

Comments

• muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There still seems to be a fair amount of interest in Josie Gibson and what she has been up since she left the BB house.

She split up from John James a year ago, and seems to have a brand new fiance, who I think is called Luke.
    So it seems strange that most of the discussion about her is in association with John James? Maybe she needs a seperate thread to discuss what she has been up to in the past couple of years.

Josie is still in the press and media and writing her weekly column for Now magazine...

JOSIES COLUMN

'I'M FIGHTING MY DRINK DEMONS HEAD ON'

God almighty me and Luke have been right depressed this week. I threw a mega housewarming party and mamouth session has left me feeling sucidal. I have vague memories of licking a strangers boobs and rowing with Lukey about having a shag pass.
    It brought back a lot of memories about the old Josie before I left bristol for the bright lights of the big brother house.
    Before my life changed I'd stay out sometimes for whole week on drink and drug binges. I don't ever want to be that person again. I have to much to lose now, from Lukey to amazing work opportunities and my mates who support me through everything.
    I have sworn off the demon drink for year and i am determined to stick to it. i did eight months off few years back so i am determined to make it to 12 months this time.
    I have also given myself swift kick up the arse after spending time with me old mucker Sady. We've been mates since we were kidsand she's just been diagnosed with the big C. She starts her chemo next week but is having hard time with the drugs she's been put on. here's stunning 28-year-old who's about to lose her hair and me feeling crap for abusing my own body. her bravery's made me have long think about the person I want to be and and the person i left behind two years ago....

It is impressive that she wrote this presumably after sunday, when there are pictures of her drinking at a party, on twitter, and managed to get this article published.
    I would have thought that it would have taken at least a week to write an article and to get it published.?

There are also a series of photos of Josie in a bikini that were published in various magazines last week.
    Which show how hard it is for a celebrity to live without being papped unexpectedly.

Those photos are so uncomplimentary, and they seem to have been sold to a wide variety of different magazines by whoever took them.
    In this weeks Now column, Josie says how upset she was at these photos, and she will be going on an immediate diet.

But this weeks Heat magazine are also running pictures of Josie in a bikini, but these are different colours and there is a cute pic of Josie in a blue bikini looking down at some blue flippers. And this article, which claims to be exclusive, is saying how happy Josie is with her life now, and therefore she is happy with her weight and figure.

Can anyone explain which magazine has the correct story? Is Josie happy with her weight and relationship, or upset with her weight and trying to diet?

I would say that, because the item above is a weekly column that Josie does, they run it fairly quickly as it's a about events in her life over the previous week, supposedly. She does a hottie of the week on it and tweets asking for suggestions only a couple of days before, so they do run it pretty quickly.

The 'papped' shots are obviously planned shots, and this isn't the first time the situation has arisen that Josie has been 'papped' in her bikini. On this occasion she went to Portugal for 24 hours (reportedly to look at houses) but also had time to miraculously get 'papped' sunbathing and relaxing on the beach :rolleyes:

It's usually followed by various articles about being happy or unhappy about her weight - and these vary from mag to mag (as you have mentioned). She attends bootcamp occasionally, loses the weight, does some shoots, starts drinking again, puts weight on, gets papped, gives up drink, loses the weight, has some shoots, puts weight on... you get the picture? :D It's a living ;)

If you look back through all previous articles, columns, etc., you will see a recurring theme over the last year :)

I imagine there will be others with different points of view responding at some point, these are merely my own opinions from my own perspective :)
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I would say that, because the item above is a weekly column that Josie does, they run it fairly quickly as it's a about events in her life over the previous week, supposedly. She does a hottie of the week on it and tweets asking for suggestions only a couple of days before, so they do run it pretty quickly.

The 'papped' shots are obviously planned shots, and this isn't the first time the situation has arisen that Josie has been 'papped' in her bikini. On this occasion she went to Portugal for 24 hours (reportedly to look at houses) but also had time to miraculously get 'papped' sunbathing and relaxing on the beach :rolleyes:

It's usually followed by various articles about being happy or unhappy about her weight - and these vary from mag to mag (as you have mentioned). She attends bootcamp occasionally, loses the weight, does some shoots, starts drinking again, puts weight on, gets papped, gives up drink, loses the weight, has some shoots, puts weight on... you get the picture? :D It's a living ;)

If you look back through all previous articles, columns, etc., you will see a recurring theme over the last year :)

I imagine there will be others with different points of view responding at some point, these are merely my own opinions from my own perspective :)

so she got papped on the beach in the pink bikini...and then changed and got into 2 totally different Bikini s that were sold as exclusives to Heat magazine......

in one day??????:confused: and then had time to go and look for property......

she must have been away recently for more than just a day...or has she been away anywhere else ?

does she ever think how inconsistent her stories actually are?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The weekly celeb magazines often play this kind of mystifying game. I have literally seen someone on the cover of one magazine boasting about her amazing weight loss and on the cover of another magazine saying how ashamed she is about putting on all the weight. Since josie is under contract to Now, they will be the only ones with any kind of interview with her; the Heat story is them guessing what she might want to say, rightly confident that she won't sue them (and couldn't if she wanted to).

Her column sounds a bit forlorn, as if things have not been going at all well for her. We really don't need another Kerry Katona in the world, so I hope she sticks to the non-drinking.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Josie Gibson is a National Treasure. The way she'd lie, festering in her bed from a*seho*e to breakfast time made for riveting viewing. The way she sucked that thumb was a much appreciated bonus. The most worthy of worthy winners. And that accent. It brought to mind sultry erotic images of tractors and mangel wurzles and wellies. Wonderful stuff. Long may she reign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    . And that accent. It brought to mind sultry erotic images of tractors and mangel wurzles and wellies. Wonderful stuff. Long may she reign.

I like her accent. How depressing if all the housemates spoke some kind of London accent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her accent. How depressing if all the housemates spoke some kind of London accent.

Yes I like her accent too, I live in Bath and hear a lot of the West Country accent; my favourite phrase which I first heard when I moved her is 'where do you love to', always makes me smile :) West Country people are very open and friendly too, a generalisation I know, but it was noticeable when I moved here from Surrey :)
    Forum Member

Ah the memories. The endearing way she screamed blue murder when she entered the house with sophisticated aplomb. She'll haunt my dreams forever..'sigh'
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her accent is okay when she isn't putting it on. Nowadays she just seems to speak in a Jethro-style mockery of an accent.

It annoys me immensely as someone from the West-Country.
    Forum Member
    Yes I like her accent too, I live in Bath and hear a lot of the West Country accent; my favourite phrase which I first heard when I moved her is 'where do you love to', always makes me smile :) West Country people are very open and friendly too, a generalisation I know, but it was noticeable when I moved here from Surrey :)

I lived in Esher for a short while back in the day. Anywhere's more open and friendly than Surrey. ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol goto love these former BB winners.Of all the time it could have comeout just before another series begins.

Do we know yet if she will have a place in the spinoff series again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know yet if she will have a place in the spinoff series again?

Personally I hope that no one at all from last year is used again this year - it was looking really tired by the end. Surely we should see the BB12 lot having a chance this time, and some NEW oldies if you see what I mean (though Victor is quite good value, and I speak as rather a non-Vic fan).

If Kerry Katona comes back I will put a brick through my tv screen.
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I for one think you would be fully justified in doing that, but I imagine your insurance company would try to wriggle out of paying up on some pretext or other.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    I lived in Esher for a short while back in the day. Anywhere's more open and friendly than Surrey. ;):D

lmao you could be right :D My sunny, bright and chirpy disposition :p is much better suited to the south-west :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I hope that no one at all from last year is used again this year - it was looking really tired by the end. Surely we should see the BB12 lot having a chance this time, and some NEW oldies if you see what I mean (though Victor is quite good value, and I speak as rather a non-Vic fan).

Like him or loathe him, Aaron would be good in a panel-type situation on BOTS; the skits, etc., well they were dire, but then I hate all the stupidity they fill the show with (barring BB of course :D)
  • LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member

augusta92 wrote: »
    so she got papped on the beach in the pink bikini...and then changed and got into 2 totally different Bikini s that were sold as exclusives to Heat magazine......

in one day??????
    :confused: and then had time to go and look for property......

she must have been away recently for more than just a day...or has she been away anywhere else ?

does she ever think how inconsistent her stories actually are?

This is what I was saying last week about last year's bikini photos being two different bikinis. There was such a fuss when John Tweeted those shots but I always knew that it was not the content but the set up he was pointing out.

What's laughable on this occasion is how Josie has allowed the set up to be so blatant by getting her friend to lie directly to the fans about her reason for being there. Over a week later and neither has apologised for the mistake. I'm not saying her fans are stupid...but Josie must think they are to keep doing things so inconsistantly and expecting them to be excepted on face value.

I'll hold my hands up. There was a time when I gave Josie the benefit of the doubt for so long. Never again.
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, horrible odious woman and the worst winner ever, like there is no contest, even Pete and Brian Bellend/Cameron Stout were better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like him or loathe him, Aaron would be good in a panel-type situation on BOTS; the skits, etc., well they were dire, but then I hate all the stupidity they fill the show with (barring BB of course :D)

I should think Aaron would be good. Harry and Anton as well.
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I was saying last week about last year's bikini photos being two different bikinis. There was such a fuss when John Tweeted those shots but I always knew that it was not the content but the set up he was pointing out.

What's laughable on this occasion is how Josie has allowed the set up to be so blatant by getting her friend to lie directly to the fans about her reason for being there. Over a week later and neither has apologised for the mistake. I'm not saying her fans are stupid...but Josie must think they are to keep doing things so inconsistantly and expecting them to be excepted on face value.

I'll hold my hands up. There was a time when I gave Josie the benefit of the doubt for so long. Never again.

im sure josie will be eternaly grateful for the time you gave her the benifit of the doubt
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    im sure josie will be eternaly grateful for the time you gave her the benifit of the doubt

Well she bloody well should be - it's people like LGo7, I assume, who bought her perfume, hoodies and magazine 'exclusives' and tweeted TV companies incessantly to please, PLEASE have her on again she's oh so wonderful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, horrible odious woman and the worst winner ever, like there is no contest, even Pete and Brian Bellend/Cameron Stout were better.

It all ties in really with the direction Channel 5 have taken the series.With luck the fans will select a winner the channel doesnt want/or endemol.

John james on the whole was himself via the feed and Hl show.Josie was painted as some lovely country girl via the highlights show and the real josie on livefeed was...:eek:.

From launch night 'doing it for the bigger girls' she knew totally the target audience she wanted as a fanbase and nothing appears to have changed apart from one thing.Richard Desmond came along and Axed the show she managed to get a gig on.As patsy posted C5 were under the impression from fans any show josie would do would be totally amazing.When she was given that chance even that flopped and slumped after John james left her alone.
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    Get fat, go on a diet, get fat, go on a diet. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Special K_ wrote: »
    Get fat, go on a diet, get fat, go on a diet. :yawn:

or come the Autumn get ready for another DVD..like Miss Cassidy who was so shocked at her Holiday snaps she had to do a dvd :p
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked Josie, I make no bones about that. But I don't really begrudge her making the most out of the opportunities that came her way following Big Brother as anyone else would do the same. However I do think that her five minutes was up ages ago and I can't think of another winner who's hung around this long, essentially kidding themselves that they are a big star now. Why can't she just go back to obscurity ? :confused::yawn:
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never liked Josie, I make no bones about that. But I don't really begrudge her making the most out of the opportunities that came her way following Big Brother as anyone else would do the same. However I do think that her five minutes was up ages ago and I can't think of another winner who's hung around this long, essentially kidding themselves that they are a big star now. Why can't she just go back to obscurity ? :confused::yawn:

probably because there are enough other people who are still interested in her i would say
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    probably because there are enough other people who are still interested in her i would say

I don't think there is though. She has her "muckers" but there isn't really that many of them anymore, she has gatherings for them. But she could still do that without the magazine column, staged bikini on the beach shots etc.
This discussion has been closed.