The Science of Doctor Who - Thursday 14th November 9pm BBC2

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    But this is just like an ordinary lecture. I mean, Cox is the Man, but it is well difficult, not like Dr. Who at all.

do his lectures usually feature clips with The Doctor set in the TARDIS then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he does not say if the Tardis is possible or not, and other stuff you get in the Who.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is like being back in high school:yawn:
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cause it's not possible to have a tardis :)
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Not sure if we need the endless plug for Dr Who. The BBC are obsessed with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he does not say if the Tardis is possible or not, and other stuff you get in the Who.

He has been discussing science concept as they relate to the show, you aren't listening properly if you don't think he is.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its the fiftieth anniversary. Its kind of a big deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

October: The BBC are not doing enough to celebrate the 50th anniversary

November: The BBC are endlessly plugging Doctor Whom who cares if it's the shows 50th anniversary…

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in enjoying it immensely. And the Matt bits are as brilliant as always. And I just got really sad that he wont be the Doctor much longer. He's never lazy. Never anything less than captivating even when doing these things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He mentioned Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity. Well, what is so special about it ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in enjoying it immensely. And the Matt bits are as brilliant as always. And I just got really sad that he wont be the Doctor much longer. He's never lazy. Never anything less than captivating even when doing these things.

Matt just seems to be able to switch on the role very easily, even those little snippets to introduce a clip on Children in Need he's just so into the part. :)
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What were people expecting? An actual episode featuring Brian Cox?

It's physics, it's not exactly going to be easy is it?
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Its the fiftieth anniversary. Its kind of a big deal.

Really? The BBC wanted to cancel the Sky at Night which is a real science show that has been going longer than Dr Who and Top Gear is a bigger worldwide show, but I can't ever remember the BBC plugging that every 5 minutes or even once.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I am bored out of my arse. I've got it on to avoid Children in Need Rocks.
    As I will be watching the BBC 3 program on Friday to avoid CIN as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    What were people expecting? An actual episode featuring Brian Cox?

It's physics, it's not exactly going to be easy is it?

I thought it would be what would work in Dr Who and what would not, not this scientific stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? The BBC wanted to cancel the Sky at Night which is a real science show that has been going longer than Dr Who and Top Gear is a bigger worldwide show, but I can't ever remember the BBC plugging that every 5 minutes or even once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCt6Dchj0s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am sorry but the Sky at Night and Top Gear are nowhere near as culturally and historically important as Doctor Who.

Plus its not 1987. We have multi channel and catch up and on demand TV. There are a thousand movies and sporting events and news and docs and dramas available to you right now. At the click of a button. So lets not begrudge us fans a chance to celebrate half a century eh?
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it would be what would work in Dr Who and what would not, not this scientific stuff.

That's for the creators to decide. This is to see whether any of the science in Doctor Who is possible. It wont be easy as it's complicated physics!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

I think Muttley just won not only this forum but the internet in general and my eternal undying respect and servitude.

fantastic!
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Brian Cox but I've never heard so much Bullsh1t in my life. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only bit I got was the Eye of Harmony was a Black Hole, but the rest was well too difficult, even with Coxy, who is the Man. If anyone can explain it, he can.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What were people expecting? Of course it is nothing like doctor who it is a science lecture. I am sorry if people were expecting an episode of Doctor Who (am yet to watch it in full but some of the bits looked ok considering it is aimed at a general audience especially the maths used in university level physics I wasn't expecting that)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww, "one more adventure before tea" :)
    I think Muttley just won not only this forum but the internet in general and my eternal undying respect and servitude.

fantastic!

couldn't resist :p

ohhh trailer for An Adventure in Space and Time :)
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only bit I got was the Eye of Harmony was a Black Hole, but the rest was well too difficult, even with Coxy, who is the Man. If anyone can explain it, he can.

What bits did you find difficult?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well... I'm sure that comment will go down well.