A touching moment in EE?

mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
Forum Member
I've started watching EE again after about a 10 year break and I have to say I think it is absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, is it just me being an overly sentimental soppy female but the time when Tanya and Sharon were in Tanya's kitchen having a chat and Tanya got a bottle of wine out of the fridge and said 'shall we start again?', I literally started bawling my eyes out.

I thought that was such a well written little moment.

Just thought I'd share my soppiness :)

Comments

• LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people don't agree
    But I do

It's something none of the other soaps really do at all :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I thought that it was a lovely moment! Maybe a touch we could introduce into our own lives if there is someone we don't get on with.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a nice scene, but one of my personal faves from EE was when Peggy was saying goodbye to Pat, without Pat realising she was doing it.
    Considering I was never really a Peggy fan, it was a lovely scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very nice scene :)
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that scene when Tanya said to Sharon shall we start again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dread to think what would happen if you watched Beaches or The Hours or some other weepy film lol

I cant remember the last time I cried at EE, maybe when Danielle died...
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I'm not too keen on the show at the moment. Kat's storyline is really dragging the show down, as is the endless cycle of Derek/Joey/Alice. I like Alice as a character, but when she's with her father and brother she just goes in circles. I'm not happy with the non-effect Ben's departure has had on Phil either.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    The only time I've ever teared up over Eastenders was when Ethel died :o I can't say I've ever been moved to tears by a woman offering another woman a drink
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried when Jim left the square and Dot came out and said something like "I'll always be 'ere Jim!" :cry: Beautiful exit :cry::cry::cry:
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I cried when Jim left the square and Dot came out and said something like "I'll always be 'ere Jim!" :cry: Beautiful exit :cry::cry::cry:
    Have to agree, it'd be nice to see another appearance by John... just one last one to give him an on screen death as I fear EE are just waiting for him to die in real life so they don't have to kill him off on screen!:mad:
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember anything ever making me cry on EE... :o
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Dennis's exit also bought a tear to my eye.

And Daniele dying!
  • .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this a blink and you'll miss it moment? I can't recall that happening :/
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I was inconsolable when wellard died
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    I've started watching EE again after about a 10 year break and I have to say I think it is absolutely fantastic.

My goodness, how poor was it when you atopped watching? :eek:

It's absolutely diabolical right now I reckon, and I watched through the ridiculouslessly drawn-out baby-snatching stuff and equally insulting Yusef nonsense, but this Kat stuff is worse even than those I think :cry:

The Sharon and Tanya thing was so obvious from the word 'go' but maybe you missed it...

I'm thinking about jacking it in (again) and very well might do at this rate.

The only think I'm watching for at the moment is Lauren, such a beautiful girl, and also because I care about Jay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    My goodness, how poor was it when you atopped watching? :eek:

It's absolutely diabolical right now I reckon, and I watched through the ridiculouslessly drawn-out baby-snatching stuff and equally insulting Yusef nonsense, but this Kat stuff is worse even than those I think :cry:

The Sharon and Tanya thing was so obvious from the word 'go' but maybe you missed it...

I'm thinking about jacking it in (again) and very well might do at this rate.

The only think I'm watching for at the moment is Lauren, such a beautiful girl, and also because I care about Jay.

The Kat stuff is very boring but I felt more insulted by the Yusef stuff I think...if I didnt stop watching then I wont stop now. Janine is keeping me going...oops she is on a break from friday :S
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    The Kat stuff is very boring but I felt more insulted by the Yusef stuff I think...if I didnt stop watching then I wont stop now. Janine is keeping me going...oops she is on a break from friday :S

Yep, Yusef dragged on for at least six months too long I reckon.

At least that story had some legs in the beginning though. This Kat stuff could have been dealt with a week...I really feel they've lost the plot thinking any of us care anymore. They destroyed Kat and Alfie when they came back (completely out-of-character imo) and now they're just torturing us.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    The only time I've ever teared up over Eastenders was when Ethel died :o
    I can't say I've ever been moved to tears by a woman offering another woman a drink

lol :D
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    It made me smile because I love Sharon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Yep, Yusef dragged on for at least six months too long I reckon.

At least that story had some legs in the beginning though. This Kat stuff could have been dealt with a week...I really feel they've lost the plot thinking any of us care anymore. They destroyed Kat and Alfie when they came back (completely out-of-character imo) and now they're just torturing us.

I have to say the football team story did feel a lot like torture lol very pleased that has been dropped, it was agony and completely out of the blue for pretty much the whole lot of them to suddenly be doing that!

The Kat stuff definitely shouldnt have been dragged out for this long >.<
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    Tanya got a bottle of wine out of the fridge and said 'shall we start again?', I literally started bawling my eyes out.
    Blimey, bit much :eek:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cried too......... with laughter