Options

Liz McDonald

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Idk if there's been threads on this before, so if there has, spare the 'repetitive threads' comments!:D but...

She's so annoying like seriously! Why did they even bring her back? She does nothing IMO other than be vile and horrible to everyone! She just has a few scenes with Jim, Steve and a dull relationship with Tony and that is all! Anyone else so bored with her now?:/

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one day you will start a thread full of praise :D

I like Liz and I like her recent scenes with Tony I think they are funny.

she can be a bit overbearing and dare I say common but she has a heart of gold
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »

I think she used to, but lately all I'm seeing is someone who can be horrible and bitter to everyone! I think her latest return has done nothing for her, and I know, people might agree with me one day!;)
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »

Agree
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Idk if there's been threads on this before, so if there has, spare the 'repetitive threads' comments!:D but...

She's so annoying like seriously! Why did they even bring her back? She does nothing IMO other than be vile and horrible to everyone! She just has a few scenes with Jim, Steve and a dull relationship with Tony and that is all! Anyone else so bored with her now?:/

I love Liz! I'm not keen on the actress who plays her but I love the character. Especially when she's in scenes with Deidre.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I like Liz and think she is a good Corrie character.

I wasn't too keen on her scenes with Michelle when they made fun of Steve as I thought it was unlike her but apart from that I am glad she is back along with the tinsel in her hair :p I also like her drunk scenes with Deidre...... we need more of these :D
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wonder where they find her awful clothes. I never see stuff like that in shops, and wonder if her wardrobe is specially made.

I find her irritating, I must admit.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz McMutton brings every story down
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Liz!!
    One of the reasons I watch corrie
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=LakieLady;75296849[B]]I always wonder where they find her awful clothes[/B]. I never see stuff like that in shops, and wonder if her wardrobe is specially made.

I find her irritating, I must admit.[/QUOTE]

BIB: probably the same shop where Deidre buys her beloved chain belts :D
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    LakieLady wrote: »
    I always wonder where they find her awful clothes. I never see stuff like that in shops, and wonder if her wardrobe is specially made.

I find her irritating, I must admit.

Me too, they're beyond horrendous. It seems like Liz's clothes are becoming like Bet Lynch's earrings - I bet the wardrobe people are always looking out for tacky lycra monstrosities for her

Liz can be ok, but her voice is awful - it's so aggressive sounding :kitty::D

She and Tony were funny in the pub the other day :)
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never used to like her but i love her now:)
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her incredibly irritating, all her scenes seem incredibly repetitive, especially with Jim.

Liz, I dont want anything to do with you Jim
    Jim, Oh please Elizabeth please,
    Liz, I want you out of our lives Jim, I'm not coming to see you again.

next episode
    Liz, I told you I dont want anything to do with you Jim, I wont be coming to visit you in prison agan etc etc.

^_^
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lololol shes a nause how long has she been not going to visit Jim
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz McMutton brings every story down
    I find her incredibly irritating, all her scenes seem incredibly repetitive, especially with Jim.

next episode
    Liz, I told you I dont want anything to do with you Jim, I wont be coming to visit you in prison agan etc etc.

^_^

Agreed lol
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member

next episode

^_^
    :D:D

"Even if I was the last...................on earth, I still wouldn't want you back."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Liz, in my opinion she is the only landlady that has really worked out in the Rovers since Bet Lynch left.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Liz (the Character) and Bev Callard (the Actress/actor)
    but be fair, ANYONE would be better in the Rovers than the
    anaemic stone faced wooden bint that was Cindy...er sorry,
    Stella!
  • Options
    julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

next episode

^_^

I thought I was watching a repeat lol , the writers sent her an old script by accident or pure laziness , at least she does not have to learn any new lines ,,,somebody make it stop
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait to see her face when Tony jumps into bed wit Tracy:D
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Liz but not really keen on where they've taken the character. She used to be a lot more rounded, much less shallow and far less common.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    I like Liz but not really keen on where they've taken the character. She used to be a lot more rounded, much less shallow and far less common.
    I agree, there was a good example of Liz's shallowness the other night; Deirdre and Liz have been friends for yrs but from the way Liz casually referred to Deirdre's stepson as 'a man on the street being sent down for murder' you would never know that.
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I agree, there was a good example of Liz's shallowness the other night; Deirdre and Liz have been friends for yrs but from the way Liz casually referred to Deirdre's stepson as 'a man on the street being sent down for murder' you would never know that.

Much like Gail and Sally, Deirdre and Liz's friendship hasn't really featured that much since Liz returned. In fact Liz and Sally were fairly pally years ago not that you'd have any idea of that these days.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

"Even if I was the last...................on earth, I still wouldn't want you back."

Yet, once Jim gets out of prison and makes yet another comeback on the show (my prediction, within the next year or two), Liz will be jumping into bed with him, and declaring her undying love to him.

Again. "yawns"

Great post, Louise_Hart, by the way!:D
  • Options
    colleencolleen Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Liz is a great character she brings warmth, humour and assertiveness to the show.
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Liz McDonald with Tony and I think the fact that
    TPTB have decided Tracy having an affair with Tony
    shows some people need to realise it's been done to death and that it is possible to be in a stable, loving relationship.