Options

Sherlock - BBC Drama (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About the GPSed laptop; didn't they know where CAM lived before?

Probably, but without the GPS they wouldn't have known where Sherlock had gone with the laptop.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    Magnusson could only be effective against people who had secrets. Not everyone has an important secret.

"Everyone has secrets, John", said Sherlock in TSoT. ^_^

Which reminds me; I did laugh at Sherlock's humungous list of 'pressure points' depicted in Magnussen's mind palace. :D

Not that I caught what was on the list because all I was thinking throughout the episode was "what the diddly squat is going on?" :confused::blush::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    16caerhos wrote: »
    One thing that stands out to me is Sherlock saying Mary carefully calculated the shot so as not to kill him, but, the thing is, he did die. It was his need to protect his best friend that brought him back and unless Mary is unbelievably clever, like, Sherlock clever, there's no way she could have banked on him using John to stay alive; "Oh, it'll all be fine. He'll just go into his mind palace, work out the best possible way to limit the amount of damage done to him by my gunshot and then he'll think of John to revive himself."

They probably should have put it down to pure luck, but that would mean Mary didn't intend for him to live, thus making her irredeemable (more so than she already is in the eyes of some fans!). Perhaps she shouldn't have even shot him at all, which I don't really understand why she did to be honest...

I hope it's because she actually turns out to be a real villain and Janine kills her as pay back , because she bludgeoned her and left her for dead too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same. I quite enjoyed it when it was on, but if the 2 previous series had left me in this state of indifference I would never have bought the DVDs and rewatched them loads of times, much less described myself as "Sherlocked" in my location!

I was thinking after reading some of your earlier posts "aww I hope Granny doesn't change her location". :(

I know what you mean though. I don't think I'll be so engrossed in discussing 'is Moriarty really back and how did he fake his death?' et al in any way like I did with Sherlock at the end of the RF episode either (ahh, happy days!).

John said "I don't understand" and CAM said "You should have that on a T-shirt" Later John said "I still don't understand" and CAM said "That's the back of the T-shirt". :D

Ha ha! :D
    fiveinabed wrote: »

And LOL! :D:D
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    "Everyone has secrets, John", said Sherlock in TSoT. ^_^

Which reminds me; I did laugh at Sherlock's humungous list of 'pressure points' depicted in Magnussen's mind palace. :D

Not that I caught what was on the list because all I was thinking throughout the episode was "what the diddly squat is going on?" :confused::blush::D

In an earlier post of mine:

It looked like a lot of text in the pressure point category but it was the following in a loop:
    Irene Adler (see file)
    Jim Moriarty (see file)
    Redbeard (see file)
    Hounds of the Baskerville
    Opium
    John Watson

The one i don't understand is Baskerville. How is that a pressure point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an earlier post of mine:

It looked like a lot of text in the pressure point category but it was the following in a loop:
    Irene Adler (see file)
    Jim Moriarty (see file)
    Redbeard (see file)
    Hounds of the Baskerville
    Opium
    John Watson

The one i don't understand is Baskerville. How is that a pressure point?

'See file(s)'!!!

*snort*
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't work because John could walk in at any moment. Her whole motivation is to keep the truth from John.

in which case it's gonna be worse if she's just shot his best friend !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone tell me - why did Janine let Sherlock in when her boss was still there ?
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone tell me - why did Janine let Sherlock in when her boss was still there ?

Cos she's a human being, a girl in love, and she thought he was going to propose to her. #off-guard-or-what!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe she thought she'd tell him to stick his job anyway if she was marrying Sherlock Holmes.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    more importantly why didn't the computer system query why BigBossMan was trying to use the lift when he was already in his lofty offices ?
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he was allowing them to live, wasn't he? All three would have been alive, with Sherlock and Watson probably leaving in the helicopter, were it not for Sherlock shooting Magnusson :confused:

If I was Sherlock I'd have deduced that at some point Magnusson was going to see to my demise, so perhaps shooting Magnusson first was the correct thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cos she's a human being, a girl in love, and she thought he was going to propose to her. #off-guard-or-what!

c'mon , we've just been given quite a dramatic presentation of what the security in this place is like and CAM is quite a sinister figure , she's just gonna forget all that ? Plus her boss is still there !

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c'mon , we've just been given quite a dramatic presentation of what the security in this place is like and CAM is quite a sinister figure , she's just gonna forget all that ? Plus her boss is still there !

When he was flicking Watson on the face, Magnusson laughingly speaks about how much Janine hates it when he does it to her. What would you think of your boss if he/she did that to you? If that was me I'd be planning to tell him to stick his job at the first opportunity. Maybe she thought Sherlock wielding an engagement ring was that opportunity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you met many women?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone else think that "Appledore" or "Appledoor" (?) was an anagram ? it just sounds like one of those words ... ?

No.
    I just thought now would that be Appledore in Devon or in Kent?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone else notice -

when Sherlock gets shot and he's falling backwards it looks like they actually tilted the set because there's pot-plant in the background that slides across the floor !
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    did anyone else notice -

when Sherlock gets shot and he's falling backwards it looks like they actually tilted the set because there's pot-plant in the background that slides across the floor !

I wasn't sure if I imagined that, actually thought it was a lamp, something definitely seemed to tip over with him, I'll double check (freeze frame!) when I rewatch!
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But didn't we learned at the end that she wasn't in love with Sherlock and did it all for articles in a paper?
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Sherlock and Watson ever tell Mrs Hudson about their day of adventures because if they did, it would take awhile :D
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    But didn't we learned at the end that she wasn't in love with Sherlock and did it all for articles in a paper?

I thought that was her response to finding out Sherlock was only using her to get to Magnussen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you ever met any women?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What, old licky-flicky face?

:kitty:
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the risk of getting shot at by his fans, this sums up what I hate about Moffat's work. It's all set pieces and dramatic twists and to hell with any realism. If realism gets in the way of Moffat's latest idea then he just ignores it. Examples in yesterday's show:

Holmes and Watson getting access to CAM's office so easily
    And Mary too (no explanation of how she got in)
    Mary shooting Holmes in just the right place so that he doesn't die (even though there's a strong chance he will still die) and Holmes just accepting it
    Mary nearly killing Janine and Holmes just accepting it
    CAM giving away his secret
    No security at CAM's house
    Holmes shooting CAM
    Holmes exiled and is back 4 minutes later
    Yet another person back from the dead
    And probably lots of others I can't remember off hand.

Sure it makes dramatic television, it fools the thick, lazy TV critics and mainstream viewers who let it wash over them, but it doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny as in any way realistic.