Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Varane is a beast but I cant see Madrid selling him. His the future.
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Varane is a beast but I cant see Madrid selling him. His the future.

Madrid might not want to sell him but how long will he play second fiddle to Ramos and Pepe? Ramos is 28, he's not gonna leave in the next few years. Pepe is 31 and has probably a couple more years left in him. If he's gonna leave, it will be this year, I just hope we can get him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One for your diary -

BBC to screen Uruguay v Northern Ireland friendly

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
    Venue: Estadio Centenario Date: Friday, 30 May Kick-off: 23:30 BST
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    News coming through that Luis Suarez has been injured during a training session for Uruguay and is likely to require Knee Surgery!
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Joey_J wrote: »
    News coming through that Luis Suarez has been injured during a training session for Uruguay and is likely to require Knee Surgery!

They play England in 4 weeks and this kind of injury usually takes 4-6 weeks, so he'll be pushing it and no training.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10848359/Luis-Suarez-faces-race-to-be-fit-for-World-Cup-2014-after-injuring-knee-in-Uruguay-training.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    swaydog wrote: »
    They play England in 4 weeks and this kind of injury usually takes 4-6 weeks, so he'll be pushing it and no training.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10848359/Luis-Suarez-faces-race-to-be-fit-for-World-Cup-2014-after-injuring-knee-in-Uruguay-training.html

The BBC say its usually 15-20 days recovery time. he should make it if that is to believed. I arent a doctor though!

I expect an English media/fans witch hunt to start soon and try put Suarez off.

Vamos Uruguay
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hope Suarez recovers in time to play the match. I really want to see him go up against Gerrard, Sturridge and co.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Really hope Suarez recovers in time to play the match. I really want to see him go up against Gerrard, Sturridge and co.

To be honest I just hope they dont try and rush him back and do more damage. Last thing we need is him missing for the start of the new season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    To be honest I just hope they dont try and rush him back and do more damage. Last thing we need is him missing for the start of the new season

. . . . . again! Just think what a full season of Suarez would do for Liverpool! :D

Seriously, I do hope it's not too bad for him, this is what he's been dreading happening for months now, just glad it didn't happen at Liverpool training via one of our other players.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Eh? What is this? Suarez doesn't get injured!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on the news, will just miss the warm-up games, fine for the WC.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Eh? What is this? Suarez doesn't get injured!

Neither did Dirk Kuyt!

Moving closer to home but it would be brilliant if the rumours about a certain Finn making a return to Anfield for coaching had some foundation of truth.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither did Dirk Kuyt!

Moving closer to home but it would be brilliant if the rumours about a certain Finn making a return to Anfield for coaching had some foundation of truth.

So do I, I loved Jari Litmanen :p

I see Craig Bellamy has retired. I'm sure he'll have a place in the heart of many reds, if only for that Carling Cup semi final winner against Man City.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Bellamy, thought he had a very unfair rap.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »

I notice that Suarez obsessed Adrian Durham has been spouting his usual nonsense. He believes that it would be karma’ from four years ago if Suarez were to miss this World Cup.
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I notice that Suarez obsessed Adrian Durham has been spouting his usual nonsense. He believes that it would be karma’ from four years ago if Suarez were to miss this World Cup.

Adrian Durham makes me laugh most of the time - he only says half this crap so that he can get people to phone in and rant and rave. I think in his heart he would love Suarez to make it to the world - wasn't he championing his cause for player of the year?
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool linked with yet another Soton player - Morgan Schneiderlin. Only a matter of time before an offer is made for the entire club.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool linked with yet another Soton player - Morgan Schneiderlin. Only a matter of time before an offer is made for the entire club.

We'll be after their manager soon.

Watch out, Brendan!
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    We'll be after their manager soon.

Watch out, Brendan!

All Saints. Drool...
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »

I bet you would do that, if only to stop us getting Shaw! ;-)
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Move for German U21 Emre Can is afoot, the plausible papers have been briefed.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Rumours from Cardiff "sources" that we're close to negotiating a deal for Caulker (I know someone posted about him a few days ago but couldn't find it).

I like him but I wouldn't be offering above £10m. It's not as if Cardiff are in a strong bargaining position. Not everyone is excited about it judging from Twitter, I think some want us to be chasing bigger names. I've seen the likes of Varane mentioned. Fantastic player but if he became available we would not be first in the queue.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like the move for Caulker. I don't he's better or more experienced than the defenders we already have and I'm not sure he's the type who will be able to step up when at a bigger club. Would prefer the rumours about looking at Lovren or Richards to be true over Culker.

Meanwhile, Chelsea sell Luiz for £40m+ and are looking to replace him with Varane for £20-25m! That's the type of player/level of investment our central defence needs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously cannot believe Luiz fetched that much, way, way OTT. :o
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all the signings were linked with we will definetly win the league next season

There will be no one to play
This discussion has been closed.