Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    I don't particularly like the move for Caulker. I don't he's better or more experienced than the defenders we already have and I'm not sure he's the type who will be able to step up when at a bigger club. Would prefer the rumours about looking at Lovren or Richards to be true over Culker.

Meanwhile, Chelsea sell Luiz for £40m+ and are looking to replace him with Varane for £20-25m! That's the type of player/level of investment our central defence needs.

Chelsea are on a different plane to Liverpool, they are also lucky in that PSG are utter mugs. I don;t really know that much about Caulker to be honest and if he is being bought who is leaving? If he is the forth choice pick then we should be glad to have such depth! I'd like Lovren myself he'd cost about 10 million.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Hats off to Chelsea - they didn't want either Mata or Luiz and they'll have picked up about £80m for both.

How they're getting more money for Luiz than Mata is beyond me, but from a business point of view you have to admire it.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,955
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Chelsea are on a different plane to Liverpool, they are also lucky in that PSG are utter mugs. I don;t really know that much about Caulker to be honest and if he is being bought who is leaving? If he is the forth choice pick then we should be glad to have such depth! I'd like Lovren myself he'd cost about 10 million.

Judging by Agger's- "Rodgers doesn't think I'm good enough" and "I'm no one's third choice"- comments, it seems he's the one who might be nearing the exit. As often happens the statistics are confusing. Agger featured in 20 games compared to Sakho's 18 (albeit that's with an injury lay-off); Sakho's personal stats as regards tackles/headers won and passes completed are better than Agger's. However, as a team we conceded significantly fewer goals when Agger played.

If it was up to me ( :o ) I'd much rather keep Agger and if we could sign a right footed dominant, marshaling type CB, I'd let Skrtel go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some fresh chatter that deal for Caulker is done and that its just a question of personal terms.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still feel like Agger is our best central defender, and that letting him go would be a massive mistake.

As for replacing him with Caulker...? I really don't want him. I just think he's always been overhyped, and it really quite overrated. As far as I know, Cardiff fans won't be sad to see him go. We can do much better.

Does anyone know much of this Emre Can we're reportedly close to signing?
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    With all the signings were linked with we will definetly win the league next season

There will be no one to play

Careful, no doubt someone will use this post in May next year to make a point that Liverpool fans are arrogant and over confident lol
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Ibe bagged a hat-trick for England U19s today against Montenegro. Hopefully he'll get the opportunity to score a few for us this season. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back luck for Wisdom, be interesting to see where he goes next season (I'm sure he'll be on the US tour) .
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Stan Collymore is trolling Rangers fans on Twitter.... They're practically foaming at the mouth and demanding Talk Sport sack him... He seems to be better at twitter trolling than football! Talk Sport are probably hoping for the same publicity he got with internet's reaction to his 'Liverpool are cheats' claim last season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's official: Silly Season is upon us. Liverpool & Arsenal battling for Balotelli! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    So Stan Collymore is trolling Rangers fans on Twitter.... They're practically foaming at the mouth and demanding Talk Sport sack him... He seems to be better at twitter trolling than football! Talk Sport are probably hoping for the same publicity he got with internet's reaction to his 'Liverpool are cheats' claim last season

He's either lost the plot in a most spectacular fashion or he's been hacked by a Celtic fan lol.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god no, not that **** Balotelli :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, there's more news. The raid on Southampton continues! After we're done signing Lallana, Shaw, Lovren and Schneiderlin, we're also going to sign Nathaniel Clyne!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-reds-target-3608464

I don't know what's sillier, being linked with Ballotelli or being linked with FIVE Southampton players. We did finish higher than them last season right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Guys, there's more news. The raid on Southampton continues! After we're done signing Lallana, Shaw, Lovren and Schneiderlin, we're also going to sign Nathaniel Clyne!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-reds-target-3608464

I don't know what's sillier, being linked with Ballotelli or being linked with FIVE Southampton players. We did finish higher than them last season right?

Soton have a brilliant squad - the only reason they didn't win the league is that they lacked Suarez and Sturridge up front. ;)

I'd happily take all of Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez.

Conor Coady is subject of a Wolves bid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »

Perhaps we get a discount if we buy in bulk?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fenway Sports Group today announced that Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool Football Club, rewarding the great progress that has been made over the last two seasons.

Today's announcement brings further stability to the club, securing the services of one of the brightest managerial talents in the game as Liverpool continues to develop its on-pitch performance.

Rodgers helped secure a return to Champions League football at the end of a remarkable 2013-14 campaign, guiding the club to a second-place finish in the Barclays Premier League.

Principal owner John Henry and chairman Tom Werner today jointly said: "We are very fortunate to have a hugely talented individual leading our football performance and in whom we place our trust to deliver the vision we share for Liverpool Football Club.

"Brendan is at the heart of what we, as an ownership group, are trying to achieve on the pitch. This season has reaffirmed everyone's belief that we can bring football success to Liverpool and we are all committed to working together to achieve that.

"Players and supporters have made it clear how important Brendan is to our success and so to have him commit to us for the long term is a great boost for everyone going forward."

Rodgers said: "I am both humbled and privileged to be offered the chance to extend my stay at this great club. I am very happy to build on the foundations we have built over the last two years and now we move onto the next phase which I believe will be as exciting, challenging and rewarding.

"I would like to place on record my thanks to the players and staff, who have been absolutely brilliant for me since the day I started at this great football club. I am grateful to our owners and senior management team who have supported me and who share my vision of how we can progress on the field.

"Finally, I must thank the supporters who are at the heart of everything we do here. I am honoured every day to lead this team and I thank the fans for their continued support as together we strive to bring success back to Liverpool Football Club."

So that's the first important bit of business done this summer. Absolutely delighted with this, of course :)
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Great news - after everything he's done you can imagine there would have been a few clubs sniffing round him.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news that indeed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still more good news for our Mr Suarez! Nice one! :)

Luis Suarez's outstanding form in 2013-14 has been rewarded with yet another accolade after the striker was named the FTBpro PFA Fan Player of the Season.

The Uruguayan fired 31 goals in the Barclays Premier League to take the Golden Boot. He'll also share the ESM European Golden Shoe with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

As a result, Suarez has swept up in end-of-season awards. He's been named the PFA Players' Player of the Year, the FWA Player of the Year and the Barclays Player of the Season in recent weeks.

Meanwhile, at Liverpool's inaugural Players' Awards Dinner, the 27-year-old scooped the Players' Player of the Year, the fans' equivalent and Goal of the Season.

Suarez was voted the FTBpro PFA Fan Player of the Month three times this season - in October, November and again in January.

The FTBpro PFA Fan awards are designed to give a strong voice to the supporters who are the lifeblood of the game. The awards are endorsed by the players and supported by the clubs.

LFC Website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll need his own wing at Anfield for all the gongs.
  • Options
    South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,381
    Forum Member
    In an effort to make the Scottish League more competitive, Celtic are going to replace outgoing manager Neil Lennon with David Moyes.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In an effort to make the Scottish League more competitive, Celtic are going to replace outgoing manager Neil Lennon with David Moyes.

Well, he is an ex Celtic player and if there's one sure fire way to rebuild your reputation with minimal effort it is to manage the dominant team in a one team league. If he does a John Barnes at least he'll find comfort in his bank account balance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least we won the Fair Play League this year. :D Also came 2nd in the new table for "best fans".

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/liverpool-and-sunderland-win-2013-14-fair-play-league-awards.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Seen twitter rumour's that we've put a £32 million + Iago Aspas bid for Luke Shaw. Personally, I'm calling bullsh*t. As I said twitter rumour only and will probably only remain a twitter rumour
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see that despite topping Fair play, with the exception of Cardiff we had the highest yellow/red card count in the league!
This discussion has been closed.