Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment Kane seems to be ahead of Soldado in the striker pecking order whicn is a sad reflection on the Spainard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    true, but i suppose we need to see if Poch's new system manages to get Soldado scoring again.

I think part of his problem last season was that he stopped trying to get in to scoring positions because he knew he wasn't going to get the ball.

He's looked a bit sharper in that respect in pre-season, so maybe he's been encouraged by what he's seen ?

I suppose i wouldn't be massively surprised to see him shipped out on loan in january if it still doesn't happen for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Scheiderlin is claiming he had a verbal agreement from the Saints that he could leave to join us this summer. No wonder he is upset.

All has gone quite on the Musacchio transfer front. They want a larger transfer fee because a percentage will go to his third party owners and we won't offer more.
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    All has gone quite on the Musacchio transfer front. They want a larger transfer fee because a percentage will go to his third party owners and we won't offer more.

Apparently he started for Villareal last night. If true its not a very promising sign.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Apparently he started for Villareal last night. If true its not a very promising sign.

I think £17M is pricy when you see Fernandez, who is ahead of him at international level, being heavily linked to Swansea for £7M and then you've Medel going for £10M and Besic at Everton for £4M. Could Medel play CB in the premier league? I'm not sure but he did do it well at the world cup despite his lack of height.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the talk of 3rd party part ownership, I always had a sneaking suspicion that the Musacchio deal would go south. I think he'd be a decent signing and without question an upgrade on Dawson and even, to an extent, Kaboul, but i'm not going to hold my breath.
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Are we ever going to sign a striker? because at the moment we have a bottom 3 strike force IMO. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to sign a striker? because at the moment we have a bottom 3 strike force IMO. :(

I think we have to give Poch a chance to see if his way of playing gets the best out of them.

Soldado's scoring record in Spain speaks for itself, and Ade's does as well to an extent, so we've got the talent, we just need the right system to play to their strengths.

We could sign Falcao, Remy or whoever else we've been linked to and if we don't play to their strengths, they'll probably score just as many as our lot have over the past season and a bit.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to "internet rumour", Walter Sabatini from Roma is in London ( or about to arrive) to negotiate the sale of Mattia Destro to us.

Destro is a good prospect but a bit injury prone from the little I've read but I'm sure anybody who follows Italian football regularly can give a deeper insight on his potential.
    Forum Member
    I think we have to give Poch a chance to see if his way of playing gets the best out of them.

Soldado's scoring record in Spain speaks for itself, and Ade's does as well to an extent, so we've got the talent, we just need the right system to play to their strengths.

We could sign Falcao, Remy or whoever else we've been linked to and if we don't play to their strengths, they'll probably score just as many as our lot have over the past season and a bit.

Im just amazed that this summer transfer window has been allowed to drift with no significant signings...we still have all the players from last season that let us down so badly...and some of them have had their contracts extended...very depressing.

Im dreading this season.

Ade and our current strike force does not fill me with excitement it has to be said. :(, Poch just reminds me of two of our former managers, AVB and Juande Ramos, but I know we should give him time.
    Forum Member
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    According to "internet rumour", Walter Sabatini from Roma is in London ( or about to arrive) to negotiate the sale of Mattia Destro to us.

Destro is a good prospect but a bit injury prone from the little I've read but I'm sure anybody who follows Italian football regularly can give a deeper insight on his potential.

Fingers crossed with those possible signings, although im not sure about Destro as a player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe another season is upon already. Fasten your seatbelts for another bumpy ride! COYS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well not a strike force of a top 4 team anyway. Until we prioritise this area and buy absolute top notch players, 5th is the best we can ever hope for, how ever good the rest of the squad is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There we go, Poch's first competitive Spurs squad!

Lloris; Naughton, Dier, Kaboul (C), Rose; Bentaleb, Capoue; Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor‪

Subs: Friedel, Davies, Dawson, Holtby, Townsend, Kane, Soldado

No Vertonghen so Dier gets a start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like a 4-2-3-1 on the face of it. pleased for Dier that he's got a start as well - he did show some promise in that pre-season game.

anyway, I'm going to take advantage of sky sports being free today and avoid the result until I can watch it on football first later tonight.

as they say, keep your arms inside the ride at all times .. here we go again :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really suprised Holtby isnt starting - hes been pretty much a mainstay in MPs team in pre-season.

Anyway - here we go! COYS!
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly inspirational for his first game, Adebayor and Kaboul ! Not unnerving the opposition in reality.

Another season of transition or dread, but you never know.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I dreamt last night we lost 7-2 to the Goons away.

Put it down to pre-season nerves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We look a little erratic at the moment - need to get a hold of the ball & keep some steady possession.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We deserve to be losing here. We were fortunate with the penalty miss though we've actually looked better in (very small) patches since Naughton was sent off...though thats not saying much.

Ten men is going to take it's toll though. Poch will need to use his subs carefully in the second half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL pitch invader taking the free kick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not an unexpected change, Holtby on for Lamela and Townsend for Lennon. 10 men each now so no excuses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric Dier!!!
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant ,3 points
This discussion has been closed.