Options

Loving the new gang

ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They seem a game bunch. Such a shame to spoil it all by madam going in. Hope theyve really bonded by then and don't stand any nonsense.

Comments

• Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Artois wrote: »
    They seem a game bunch. Such a shame to spoil it all by madam going in. Hope theyve really bonded by then and don't stand any nonsense.

Couldn't agree more! She's going to ruin it!
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, the others will put her in her place. I doubt if she'll be able to mix it up as much as she thinks she can. I really can't see Kim putting up with her nonsense.
  • Options
    Pat13Pat13 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artois wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. For once we don't seem to have any egos and even Gorgeous George seems quite normal....a bunch of people I could really enjoy and then the slapper arrives tomorrow and I switch off. I had hoped she wouldn't go in until week two so that at least I could have a week of getting to know everybody but no such luck.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no Jordan fan but every reality tv show needs it's token villain. It would be tedious if they all sat around massaging each other's ego's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camilla, Lucy, Sam and Sabrina seem close knit.

They'll join forces and keep Pricey at arms length. :D
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it seems like a good mix. I laughed quite a bit and cringed a fair bit too, at spiders in mouths!

I already like Sam and Gino, and Kim and George too.
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Looks like its gonna be a great year :D
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are a great bunch this year... Sam so far being my favourite... great girl, game for all challenges, Kim I can see becoming an irritant before long, look how she has been chosen already for the BTT and Camilla is a tad boring. Otherwise all the rest are great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They certainly are a good mix. I was impressed with Sam Fox, what a tough lady, and with Gino!
    Katie Price won't spoil it, she was very good in the jungle last time round, she will cope well this time too, and make friends.

I guessed Kim would be voted to do the first bushtucker trial :-). My bet is that she will be voted to do more than one and will do them well.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to it when I saw the line up. Looks like it is a very good choice of contestants, bar one.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best line-up we've had in yonks - only to be spoiled by Jordan :(
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely terrible set of celebs. :(

Though to be fair, they aren't as bad as last year.

But to make up for it, they've made the ITV2 show so bad it's off the scale. :( :mad:
  • Options
    josh1512josh1512 Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what was you expexting op, imo the groups get better each year lol and this years lot are brilliant and i cant wait fro jordan and her bitching or whatever.
  • Options
    augusta9augusta9 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of having more mature contestants as it makes the conversations more interesting. That is the problem with Big Brother- they are all too young and their conversations are too shallow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All interesting comments after seeing about an hour of the series.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Jordan gone back in the jungle hoping to find a new romance?
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Has Jordan gone back in the jungle hoping to find a new romance?

I expect that the reported HUGE fee played a major part in her returning, as far as I know she's all loved up with some cage fighter bloke.
    ;)
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    I'm no Jordan fan but every reality tv show needs it's token villain. It would be tedious if they all sat around massaging each other's ego's.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and disagree.

The token villain scenario is what ruins a good series too often. These people are going to have disagreements and there will be days when some or all of them are having a rough day. That's normal - and I really don't get why that can be boring. The likes of Jordan can make or break a situation and there isnt anything positive that she will bring to this one. From the moment she gets there the life will be sucked out of the place and there will be unnecessary tension. I cant see any sitting around massaging people's egos - but I think this group can manage to get along for the most part and that would make a nice change. People going at each other's throats shouldnt be a hallmark of great television imo.

I'd much rather see people having normal ups and downs than seeing people being put through the ringer because of one deeply unpleasant, psychologically disturbed, self absorbed individual. I feel sorry for the others because they didnt sign up for the Jordan show and now ITV have ruined their experience before they really had a chance to settle in to it.