The 5 questions Piers didn't ask Cheryl....

ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.. in his supposed warts and all, drains up, everything we all wanted to know blah blah, interview which I finally watched last night:

About her fight in a nightclub toilet.
About her relationship with Danni.
About her relationship with Nadine.
About the future of Girls aloud.
About her relationship with Derek (very much skirted around)

Additionally I'd have liked to see him challenge her about her statement "what would be the point " of speaking to Gamu (just human decency mebbe)?. And what on earth was that ridiculous twaddle about Derek saving her life. No Doctor alive would fail to take blood to identify something they couldn't diagnose with such serious symptoms.
Shame on you Piers - your jouralistic credentials are in the gutter after that piece of PR nonsense. However I think it may have all backfired. I was fairly agnostic until seeing the programme - now I can't take Cheryl seriously at all.

Comments

• rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artois wrote: »
    .. in his supposed warts and all, drains up, everything we all wanted to know blah blah, interview which I finally watched last night:

Additionally I'd have liked to see him challenge her about her statement "what would be the point " of speaking to Gamu (just human decency mebbe)?. And what on earth was that ridiculous twaddle about Derek saving her life. No Doctor alive would fail to take blood to identify something they couldn't diagnose with such serious symptoms.
    Shame on you Piers - your jouralistic credentials are in the gutter after that piece of PR nonsense. However I think it may have all backfired. I was fairly agnostic until seeing the programme - now I can't take Cheryl seriously at all.

Piers show was probably produced bny SYCO as well so if he wanted to tow the line he would not tranish the image of Saint Cheryl.

BTW I think you insult Journalists when you say Piers morgan has journalistic credentials...;) and as for them being in the guttter they always were.
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    I thought same as you re the blood tests. First thing a doctor would do is take blood tests especially as they knew she had been abroad. :rolleyes: I was also annoyed at the comment from her regarding Gamu. It was a stupid excuse.
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the whole interview was like a tribute to how great she is, and it's so obvious she only did it because her nation's sweetheart crown is slipping fast, shes refused piers so many times before and now suddenly she's ready.
    i was really annoyed he didn't ask her about the toilet incident, i though he was going to when he asked her about fights, what a total joke
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people are just so obsessed with Cheryl it just seems to eat them up. Is it not draining? :yawn:
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piers had the only TV interview where he could ask about the two big stories surrounding Cheryl Cole this year - Ashley & malaria. Take out the ads, the pleasantaries and the VT's and he had about 25-30 minutes of actual interview time. He wasn't going to waste that time asking questions that have already been answered in countless publications and to which she'd give a stock response.
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Some people are just so obsessed with Cheryl it just seems to eat them up. Is it not draining? :yawn:

What a strange and 'stirring' comment :rolleyes:
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh honest i think he should of just done a cheryl cole special instead of a life stories because A) i think she is 2 young still to document her whole life B) He only really spoke about fashion, malaria and ashley which were all recent things. what surprised me was that she didn't talk about what it was like being on popstars, the nightclub incident which was a major part of her celebrity life, she hardly talked about the x factor i was like how the hell is this a life story!!!? he should of done what he did with katie price after she split with peter.
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Is your split with Ashley colouring your view of black people refernce to Gamu
    2) As a teenager did you live with a drug addict/dealer
    3) Have you taken out an injunction against publication of any of your photos with the horrid teeth (ie the dracula canines)
    4) Did Buble mime
    5) is Cowell in the closet.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ask what, exactly? It happened 7 years ago and is brought up time and time again in her interviews. Heck, she spoke about it the very day Piers aired in an interview with the Guardian.

What relationship? They're colleagues, nothing more.

Same as the two above, not only been asked in EVERY interview over the past year, but it's clear there is no relationship there beyond work mates.

Again, answered in every single interview since they broke up - 3 album deal, etc.

Well firstly, he did ask. I'm not sure if it was shown in the uncut version or not though.

Secondly, she says in her book, and in a number of interviews, about Derek.

All in all Piers was given the permisson to ask questions every one else is usually banned from asking. If you ever go into an interview with Cheryl her PR guy has his eyes on you constantly making sure you stick to what he's said you can ask.

Why would Piers waste an opportunity on asking questions she's answered countless times before, even on the recently as the week before and same day as the interview
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Well firstly, he did ask. I'm not sure if it was shown in the uncut version or not though.
    Secondly, she says in her book, and in a number of interviews, about Derek.

All in all Piers was given the permisson to ask questions every one else is usually banned from asking. If you ever go into an interview with Cheryl her PR guy has his eyes on you constantly making sure you stick to what he's said you can ask.

Why would Piers waste an opportunity on asking questions she's answered countless times before, even on the recently as the week before and same day as the interview

yes it was in the uncut version, Piers kept talking about how great Derek was and she agreed but didn't want to confirm or deny if he was her boyfriend.. (like you probably know, since you were at the taping :D )

To OP; Piers did ask Dannii in her Life Stories interview what her relationship with Cheryl was like and whether they were friends or not. So it would be waste of time to ask Cheryl as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First time, she was sent home to rest after having been diagnosed with exhaustion and possibly gastroenteritis.
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ya but its meant to be her life story, everyone else who did it was asked questions they didn't like and about hard times in their life so why should she be any different. you can't expect to racially assault someone, be convicted of it, marry a black footballer to differ the racism and not be asked about it during her "life story" interview.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have like to have known, did Ashley used to send her pics of him in his pants when they were first dating?
  • cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I don't think there is a relationship with Derek, I get the impression he is gay, I believe he just hangs around famous women to look good.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its LIFE Stories; she's (27?). She hasn't lived a life yet.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Helen90 wrote: »
    yes it was in the uncut version, Piers kept talking about how great Derek was and she agreed but didn't want to confirm or deny if he was her boyfriend.. (like you probably know, since you were at the taping :D )

To OP; Piers did ask Dannii in her Life Stories interview what her relationship with Cheryl was like and whether they were friends or not. So it would be waste of time to ask Cheryl as well.

Theres 2 sides to every coin and things may have changed ... it is a talking point right now !!
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about re: the supposed malaria;

"when no Doctor or anyone with any medical training whatsoever, would ever say you have 24 hours to live, why would you say that just to garner sympathy? also that it would be extremely rare in this country for anyone who had contratced Malaria to actually die from it, and if you really had it it would knock you out for six months at least where you wouldn't be able to anything, not least be back in a TV studio as soon as you did...so why the hell are you crying?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    I accidentally watched most of it - I don't recall her saying "There were three people in our marriage" but it was getting on for being as sychophantic as the Princess Di interview.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Has this anything to do with the X Factor though I ask myself. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He more or less asked what every mag has done for the past few years and IMp the mags have gotten more out of her.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He more or less asked what every mag has done for the past few years and IMp the mags have gotten more out of her.

Except they haven't, they've not been allowed to even ask. Even other acts on her PR have been banned from talking about Ashley and Malaria.

Don't get confused with "a source said" and "a pal said" with actual real interviews.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He asked Dannii aobut Cheryl but I never expected her to talk aobut Dannii.

I mean when Cheryl was promoted in Europe, they cut Dannii out of the judging panel when showing clips of XF.

I don't think they hate each other but I don't think Cheryl
    likes competion.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question about her criminal conviction for assault would have been very relevant.Apparently Cole still denies any wrongdoing despite the fact she was very drunk on the night and there was plenty of evidence to suggest she had indeed carried out the assault.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing was aimed at gaining sympathy for St Cheryl, so they wouldnt want to ask her about anything which could be seen as a negative aspect of our Nations sweetheart. Notice how she didnt even say much about Ashley. He was only brought up just to remind us to feel sorry for her. It was nicely timed to co-incide with the release of her new single. She had ample oppertunity to talk about it in her book but then was not the right time. I am sure she will milk the Ashley saga some more in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cyberwar wrote: »
    OP, I don't think there is a relationship with Derek, I get the impression he is gay, I believe he just hangs around famous women to look good.

Absolutely spot on (IMO).