Options

Dallas is back...2011

kevin75ukkevin75uk Posts: 1,326
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seems to be going ahead with or without old cast members.

Comments

• Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Larry Hagman is wanting too much money to appear

I will watch but it wont be the same as the AMAZING original
  • Options
    kevin75ukkevin75uk Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Larry Hagman is wanting too much money to appear

I will watch but it wont be the same as the AMAZING original

I think that JR, Bobby and Sue Ellen should at least appear in the pilot - as a sort of 'hand-over' to the younger stars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby has a big part in the new series.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Cool, I hope they call it Season 14
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Pammy will make an appearance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Pammy will make an appearance.

Victoria Principal will make an appearance the day hell freezes over..........
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    Entertainment Weekly are claiming Ken Cherival (Cliff Barnes) will make an appeance. As will Linda Gray & Patrick Duffy. His daughter {Cliff} to Afton Cooper is supposed to be the love interest of Christopher. Deja- vu anyone? She'll also be heading up the rival firm. Strong women these days!
    I have to be honest - I am looking forward to it.

Steph

ETA - before anyone starts - Christopher was adopted - it's not incest!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    skf1 wrote: »
    Entertainment Weekly are claiming Ken Cherival (Cliff Barnes) will make an appeance. As will Linda Gray & Patrick Duffy. His daughter {Cliff} to Afton Cooper is supposed to be the love interest of Christopher. Deja- vu anyone? She'll also be heading up the rival firm. Strong women these days!
    I have to be honest - I am looking forward to it.

Steph

ETA - before anyone starts - Christopher was adopted - it's not incest!

He was also the son of Kristin - sister of Sue Ellen...still not related I suppose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Victoria Principal will make an appearance the day hell freezes over..........

That's a shame. Doesn't she act any more? I see her on the shopping channels now and then trying to flog her make-up (I think it's make-up)

I wonder if Pricilla Presley will come back. She wasn't killed off was she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    He was also the son of Kristin - sister of Sue Ellen...still not related I suppose

Yeah, but still no blood. Keeping in the family - to a point! It's no Ray and Lucy! She slept with her uncle in Season 1!
    Funny how that story was completly forgotten when it was revealed Jock was Ray's father! They interacted like nothing ever happened! I think we were all supposed to forget!

Steph
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame. Doesn't she act any more? I see her on the shopping channels now and then trying to flog her make-up (I think it's make-up)

I wonder if Pricilla Presley will come back. She wasn't killed off was she?

Victoria rarely acts anymore as she is too busy with her multi million dollar beauty empire "Principal Secret" she rarely does any Dallas get togethers with the other cast as she has moved on.

Priscilla Presleys character Jenna Wade wasn't killed off no but like Victoria she is another who rarely associates herself with anything Dallas related anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Victoria rarely acts anymore as she is too busy with her multi million dollar beauty empire "Principal Secret" she rarely does any Dallas get togethers with the other cast as she has moved on.

Priscilla Presleys character Jenna Wade wasn't killed off no but like Victoria she is another who rarely associates herself with anything Dallas related anymore.

Ah, thank you Slayer.:)

All interesting stuff. I am looking forward to the Dallas return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you Slayer.:)

All interesting stuff. I am looking forward to the Dallas return.

Im a massive Dallas fan so anything you need to know just ask :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a massive Dallas fan so anything you need to know just ask :)

Will do - thanks Slayer. :)

In fact I have every season on disc (apart from the last one which is not released yet)

Just have to watch them all now. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if Hagman agrees JR will only have a minor role as
    JR is in prison!

Bobby and
    his new wife will take over Jock & Miss Ellie roles in the show.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    wwil be surprise if JrR isnt in it, would be like EE - Ian or Corrie without Ken
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    wwil be surprise if JrR isnt in it, would be like EE - Ian or Corrie without Ken

It needs him for the initial audience 'bums on seats' or else people will think it's JR vs Bobby but John Ross vs Christopher and not bother. I think the Melrose Place reboot failed because they didn't have Amanda Woodward in it from the start, when they did eventually it was too late; bland, predictable and far too pretty characters killed it. I hope they don't do the same with the Dallas reboot.

Although Dallas never had or needed a bitchy Brit to thrill the audiences I'd quite like to see one in the reboot, perhaps someone as the boss of BP wanting to buy Ewing Oil:

*throws an oiled up seagull on John Ross Ewing's desk* "I know we have an image problem, but we'd quite like to buy your company.

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Just read on www.dallasfanzine.com that Larry Hagman has indeed signed up to appear in the new Dallas. This is great news. Look forward to seeing him, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray reprise their roles.

Wonder who will play JR's son John Ross Ewing? Also wonder if a new audience will be interested in a new Dallas. It's been off air since 1991! Mind you have also read that CBS Drama are screening the original Dallas in a few months time so that news is very welcome.

Hope SKY will pick this new show up as they import lot of US series.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG!!!! Is this serious????????

Dallas returning omg omg omg omg omg omg

I lovvvvveeee Dallas!!!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it i'm about to lose control and think I like it OHHHHHH YEAHHHHH (((DANICING AROUND THE LIVING ROOM)))

A new generation Dallas WOW :D:D:D

All I need to hear now is that Dynasty, Subset Beach and Buffy are on the return and i'l be complete.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    OMG!!!! Is this serious????????

Dallas returning omg omg omg omg omg omg

I lovvvvveeee Dallas!!!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it i'm about to lose control and think I like it OHHHHHH YEAHHHHH (((DANICING AROUND THE LIVING ROOM)))

A new generation Dallas WOW :D:D:D

All I need to hear now is that Dynasty, Subset Beach and Buffy are on the return and i'l be complete.

i think i have the same taste in TV as you!!!:D loved Dallas(it actually was an addiction) and also sunset beach, family and friends could not believe i watched it but it was brilliant!!! so far fetched and OTT but good, i watched Dynasty and the colby's also:o
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they will include JR's illegitimate eldest son, James Richard Beaumont? I would expect him to be glossed over as he wasn't part of the show's glory years.
  • Options
    LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Dallas in the day and stuck with it to the bitter end. So will give this a go especially if it is true that they have got JR. Wouldn't be the same without him, however old he is now.

As well as James and John Ross, did JR have a child with Callie?

I remember Victoria P. looked down her nose at Dallas when it was still on the air, so not surprised she has little to do with anything regarding it. No great loss if you ask me. Can't even remember if Pam is alive or dead? April died didn't she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LaneKent wrote: »
    I loved Dallas in the day and stuck with it to the bitter end. So will give this a go especially if it is true that they have got JR. Wouldn't be the same without him, however old he is now.

I remember Victoria P. looked down her nose at Dallas when it was still on the air, so not surprised she has little to do with anything regarding it. No great loss if you ask me. Can't even remember if Pam is alive or dead? April died didn't she?

We're all still left wondering if Pam is alive or dead. Yes Aprl died on holiday in Paris with Bobby.

As for the Cally storyline - probably the only time JR ever did something right. She faked the pregnancy to get him to marry her - he did - then she got pregnant!. Lied to JR saying it was James's child. She left but JR then found out the true paternity. He tracked her down and realized how happy she was in her new life and he left her in peace.

Steph
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LaneKent wrote: »

There's a new audio interview with Victoria Principal on that dallasfanzine website and she's really funny!

She actually explains why she kept her distance from the show after she left and she makes some really valid points.

Get the feeling from the interview that she might appear in a new Dallas tv series too if the right story came along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice to see the media outlets have now mentioned Larry Hagman's involvement in the new series. However I still wonder if anyone cares about Dallas in 2011.