The Next Xbox Discussion

12346»

Comments

• DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like i said on the other thread, second hand games will still happen, the only difference is that you will need to buy another code on Xbox Live, like with FIFA games.

It's a stupid idea and it will probably put me off buying the next console for sure. I don't want to be online every time i turn my damn console on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree 100% live should be an optional extra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, the report reeks of Sony marketing team. Live will be optional because parents won't want their younger children having online access from their bed/play rooms.

Any game protection will have codes available to buy for 2nd-hand users if for no other reason than to keep MS and the console's carbon footprint down.
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Remember when the Xbox used to get RROD ?

Will the ban on secondhand games mean that should your new Xbox get RROD or similar and you go out and ourchase a new one that you cant transfer your games?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why that would be the case, given that MS already allow licence transfers at the moment anyway, something introduced (IIRC) due to the number of people having replacement consoles.

Anything you buy is tied to two things:

- Your XBL account.

- The console you downloaded the purchase to originally.

You can use the purchased item on any console when signed in to XBL, and on the original console whether signed in or not. If you get a new console (whether e.g. upgrading from old 360 to 360 S or whether a replacement for a faulty console), you can easily do a licence transfer so that the new console is now classed as the original console for purchases, so that you can still use them without being signed in.

I don't see why MS would change this...
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Early, but does anyone no who GAME use to deliver Consoles?

Would order with Amazon but they use NoDel (Yodel) and i aint trusting them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    What are people's guesses (and that's all it can be at this stage) for a release date for the next gen xbox?

My expectations are for a summer 2014 release at the earliest. The only evidence (and I mean evidence, not just an article on some website saying they have 'sources' close to the development team) for a 2013 release, was an interview I saw with the editor of OXM and a Black Ops 2 game developer, prior to the game's release. He asked the question 'Does this feel like an end of an era for the Call of Duty franchise, with this being the last Call of Duty title on the current platform?'.

Now, as COD games are always released in late Autumn, this would suggest that OXM expect a Q4 2013 release date, from what you can read into that question.

I think we will know for certain whether it will be this year after E3 2013, as any new console from Microsoft will surely be announced then if it is to launch as early as this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking Christmas 2013 price tag of £300-£350
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Any idea what it's going to be called... i've been increasing hearing it will called the Xbox Infinity?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Early, but does anyone no who GAME use to deliver Consoles?

Would order with Amazon but they use NoDel (Yodel) and i aint trusting them.

Iv'e used Game before and they used Royal Mail, but it was years ago.

Shopto use Royalmail, TNT and DPD, and all 3 have been reliable for me with their deliveries, I'll probably go with them if i'm interested in the next console and they have a good bundle deal.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    xboxlover wrote: »
    Any idea what it's going to be called... i've been increasing hearing it will called the Xbox Infinity?

"Xbox" is the word from people in the know. I would like Xbox infinity though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Infinity was one of the very first leaked names. The claim was there were two teams, one called Infinity and one called Loop, the reference being the dev term 'infinite loop'.

It could make sense - one team working on console, one team working on Kinect 2.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Anymore on this April reveal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never know with MS everything so secretive.