LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 27)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator

Comments

• SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
    Administrator
    Please note that posts regarding other members and suspicions over rule breaking are not to be posted on the forum, as per our community guidelines. Please send an alert so that we can investigate any suspicions.

We would also strongly recommend that if there are any posters you would prefer not seeing posts from, to use the ignore list feature - this will hide any and all posts from that entire profile.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have turned to a 'new page'. Let's hope this will be friendlier, without the backbiting. Just present good discussion.
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Numero uno!

Edit - ok...duo
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit! Pipped at the post while I was typing. :mad:

Good advice from the mods.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Numero uno!

Edit - ok...duo

You have to get out of bed early to catch me!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would I want to? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Evidently!
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    We have turned to a 'new page'. Let's hope this will be friendlier, without the backbiting. Just present good discussion.

That sounds like a good plan to me. xx
  • dachsie10dachsie10 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good advice from the mods.

I totally agree!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly

Why the need to take a dig at each other when LBCs presenters provide bountiful quantities of snipe fodder.

We are blessed .
  • dachsie10dachsie10 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly

Why the need to take a dig at each other when LBCs presenters provide bountiful quantities of snipe fodder.

We are blessed .

We are indeed Reg!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off to watch PMQs. Should be a lively one today! :eek: :D
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it customary to leave the other thread open for quotes for a while?
  • coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No.

I always get a fright when I see that 'thread closed' sign, thinking weve been closed for good!
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

You can copy and paste then put the QUOTE tags around, I guess.
    Forum Member
    BTW, does anyone have contact with Mutleykaz these days? Is she OK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    BTW, does anyone have contact with Mutleykaz these days? Is she OK?

I haven't heard from her since before Christmas. She was having a lot of problems, with her health and her job. She gave the impression that she wanted time to sort it all out by herself, so I've left it up to her to get in touch, should she wish to do so.
    Forum Member
    I haven't heard from her since before Christmas. She was having a lot of problems, with her health and her job. She gave the impression that she wanted time to sort it all out by herself, so I've left it up to her to get in touch, should she wish to do so.

Thanks - I recall much the same things. I hope she's OK.
  • BazzieBazzie Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile.....have you noticed that Clive never mentions his family or anything personal these days? Of course at one time he wouldn't breathe a word about personal matters, and took exception if asked how he was. But then he opened up and used to talk about his kids and their school and even his wife. Nowadays he's strictly on-topic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bazzie wrote: »
    Meanwhile.....have you noticed that Clive never mentions his family or anything personal these days? Of course at one time he wouldn't breathe a word about personal matters, and took exception if asked how he was. But then he opened up and used to talk about his kids and their school and even his wife. Nowadays he's strictly on-topic.

I noticed the very same .

Personally I just put it down to his more straight jacketed job brief .

Mind you - another (nameless) presenter tells you everything !
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bazzie wrote: »

Yes, I think we have all noticed this. I think it is strange how he never mentions anything about his life at all. You don't expect to get all sorts of endless personal details, like some, but to be so, well, robotic, makes for boring listening. I think there has to be a little mention of home life and everyday happenings in life to sound human.

Loved the days when he used to talk about his recipes and dishes he'd cooked, his DIY exploits and, of course, his cat Gremlin.

LBC can we have the old Clive back?
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught a pro-cyclist fanatic on with Clive this evening. I'm not talking about the sad incident in West Dulwich today but cyclists must start to take some responsibility for their actions on the road as well as the motorist. I am the last person to call for tests and more rules but surely some sort of standard training should be undertaken before taking to the road? The caller I heard refused to accept any responibility at all. Madness. Safety must come first and not just fining lorries £200 a day for not having hi-tech equipment.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member
    It is madness Mike, I agree. I used to cycle to work from Euston through the West End to Lambeth and back some years ago. I even got run over by a courier cyclist myself once in the Russell Square, and I was in the correct one way only cycle lane.

I love hearing all the callers' stories and verdicts on cycling in London. I mostly take the motorist's side of things but sometimes I go with the cyclists. The turning left trap for HGVs was always blatently obvious to me on a bike though, even as far back as 2006 before it became widely recognised.

I wish I'd heard Clive tonight. I caught some of Iain Dale though. I still think his voice contains that element of a scorned child though.
    Forum Member
    I noticed the very same .

Personally I just put it down to his more straight jacketed job brief .

Mind you - another (nameless) presenter tells you everything !

Yes I think we all know who that is Reg!! Mike Rackabit, I'm surprised you haven't been on the case again!
    Forum Member
    From this morning - LBC General Chit -Chat (Part 26)
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Steve dribbling on about Noel's house Party again.
    Nosedive wrote: »
    I turned on 10 minutes ago and he was still talking about Noel's House Party. That show axed over quarter a century ago, nobody cares about it now. I don't know How he gets away with discussing irrelevant subjects like this every day.

I tuned in to Vallen between 04:00 and 05:00 this morning and he'd mention House Party then repeatedly too. He just kept coming back to it. I think he mentioned Cliff Richard too, another old chestnut, or was that yesterday? Bit of a blurr.
This discussion has been closed.