Argos christmas ads already!

2»

Comments

• marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote: »
    Watching the tv tonight, and on at least 3 occasions seen an advert for toys at argos with "I wish it could christmas everyday" in the background. Its only a matter of time until we start getting told to shop for christmas in January.

But have you seen the ad where the woman is ordering something from the Argos catalogue over the phone and bangs on the wall to tell her neighbour (Roy Wood) to keep the noise down? "It's only October!!!" she says! I think they are poking fun at their early ads a bit there...
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are christmas trees and lights on the outside of sashas hotel in manchester city center
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But have you seen the ad where the woman is ordering something from the Argos catalogue over the phone and bangs on the wall to tell her neighbour (Roy Wood) to keep the noise down? "It's only October!!!" she says! I think they are poking fun at their early ads a bit there...

Yes, they're poking fun...however they still use the music, then proceed to do a shorter 15 second advert later in the same break that uses the music without any of the self-deprecation.

Then theres DFS, who just straight up have Christmas adverts already. Its absolutely appalling.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're starting early this year - I saw three Christmas ads in the space of one break.

DFS was one of the culprits, as per usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I bet we'll be seeing Christmas ads again v soon!
  • well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopping channels are wetting themselves over it already!
  • PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seem first christmas argos advert, not as bad as last year, only an ad for a christmas catalogue. Absolutely amazing though, exactly 1 year on from the first post.
  • PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to dig up this thread again, just seen first Argos Christmas ad a bit late this year, but still as annoying and featuring Christmas music again, in the middle of October. Seen some for tesco and other companies. Really wish this Christmas in October would stop.
  • Duncan JDuncan J Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember shops putting up their Christmas decorations in the middle weekend of October in the mid-90's, it's not *that* new. People do exaggerate, one lot think 'they' are trying to ban Christmas, and the other lot think it starts too early :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIY stores such as Homebase put their Christmas stock on view from tomorrow (Monday 19th October).
  • Berties AssettsBerties Assetts Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote: »
    Watching the tv tonight, and on at least 3 occasions seen an advert for toys at argos with "I wish it could christmas everyday" in the background. Its only a matter of time until we start getting told to shop for christmas in January.

Really cheesed off already with them, christ i'm just on my summer holidays and they are banging on about bloody crimbo.

Before you all start asking, i'm a head honcho and with things being hectic and the amount of bloody mothers in my department insisting they have to have hols that coincide with school hols, the singletons, childless couples ect have had to wait.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill have to nic my christmas tree soon from te garden center
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    as much as we hate it, it must work as they woulden't pay for Ad's this early year after year if it didn't

and you have to remember a large population of the British people are brainless sheep, if Argos say 'you must visit our store and buy christmas tat' then the British public will potter on down like vombies armed with a credit card.
  • GalindaGalinda Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once worked for Argos as a Christmas temp during 2005 - the in-store radio will drive you crazy...especially if you are waiting for your items to come to Collection.

(For the record, I lost my job there in Jan '06, I now work for a bingo hall!)

they are too stingy to have proper music nowadays - play crappy unsigned artists on "argos radio" so not sure what they will play at xmas now!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sambda, that's tradition with QVC, "Christmas in July".

I was flicking through my TV channels one year and I saw QVC selling Christmas stuff in August! :mad: In my local supermarket last night they had a shelf selling Christmas sweets and Halloween sweets on the same shelf! Why can't they wait with the Christmas stuff until after Halloween? :confused:
  • dazp123dazp123 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    if you look at it this way with more people getting paid monthly, alot of people only have 2 pays before christmas,
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    Galinda wrote: »
    they are too stingy to have proper music nowadays - play crappy unsigned artists on "argos radio" so not sure what they will play at xmas now!

One of the highlights of visiting 'TJ Hughes' is the awful, kareoke CD's they have on:D

they'd be better off just not bothering
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    29918052 wrote: »
    DIY stores such as Homebase put their Christmas stock on view from tomorrow (Monday 19th October).

Was in B&Q this evening and saw a whole load of Christmas lights on the shelf (this is in Ireland now!). One thing they had was "Red Feather LED Lights" and I thought they were really tacky. :D Can't find them on the net though.