A question about upgrading with Orange at Carphone Warehouse

Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
Forum Member
Last Saturday (the 26th of January) I upgraded one of my Orange Sim Only deals to a full contract at/with Carphone Warehouse.

The thing is, today, which is the date of my regular bill from Orange, logging into my orange account, it still thinks I'm on the Sim only deal and have been billed accordingly.

How long does it take for Carphone Warehouse to let Orange know I've upgraded?

Comments

• legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be instantly updated on orange systems, sounds like they've not loaded a tariff change. Has your commitment date changed
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Should be instantly updated on orange systems, sounds like they've not loaded a tariff change. Has your commitment date changed

No, when I look at my upgrade date on my orange account, it says I'm eligible for an upgrade now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Saturday (the 26th of January) I upgraded one of my Orange Sim Only deals to a full contract at/with Carphone Warehouse.

The thing is, today, which is the date of my regular bill from Orange, logging into my orange account, it still thinks I'm on the Sim only deal and have been billed accordingly.

How long does it take for Carphone Warehouse to let Orange know I've upgraded?

This happened to me last year, I got a bill from the old plan and the new one but the next month it was only for the new contract and Orange gave me bill credit for what I was overcharged, I did it through Phones 4U but that's probably what happened, it's normal as far as I know.
    Forum Member
    ajh94 wrote: »
    This happened to me last year, I got a bill from the old plan and the new one but the next month it was only for the new contract and Orange gave me bill credit for what I was overcharged, I did it through Phones 4U but that's probably what happened, it's normal as far as I know.

Thanks, I'll check my next bill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds to me like the upgrade system was down and you are on a manual upgrade that has not been completed, walk into a store tomorrow and you'll be able to upgrade again
    Forum Member
    This sounds to me like the upgrade system was down and you are on a manual upgrade that has not been completed, walk into a store tomorrow and you'll be able to upgrade again

Knowing my luck, I'd end up with two, two year contracts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to me with CPW, their link in the store to my network did not recommit me, I went into a p4u store and upgraded again two days later getting a brand new iPhone4 just after it launched. Kept the android phone cpw had given me and eBay the iPhone.