The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Like that one too. I'm surprised they didn't consider it as a single.

It's really addictive....I reckon it could have done well on the US club scene as CS are huge in that market...

It doesn't sound like Alex has many collaborations on this new album does she? She mentioned a single male collaboration and some rumoured producer collaborations....I'll be interested to see who she's worked with...

Also All Night Long is REALLY summery for me....something about that song just reminds me of summer parties...plus her vocals are amazing on it :D
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It's really addictive....I reckon it could have done well on the US club scene as CS are huge in that market...

It doesn't sound like Alex has many collaborations on this new album does she? She mentioned a single male collaboration and some rumoured producer collaborations....I'll be interested to see who she's worked with...

Also All Night Long is REALLY summery for me....something about that song just reminds me of summer parties...plus her vocals are amazing on it :D

Love All Night Long. That could have launched her in the US if they had been willing to invest the time and money in her. It is easily her best single.

I have a feeling there might be some female collabs on the album? Although not Avril Lavine :D
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Nope. It wasn't entirely cheap, the dancers would've cost. They're using the money for promo I bet. That's what they have to do. If radio had got on board, she'd sell like hot cakes, it's doing well for a #42 on radio airplay, and it's still rising. I think if they have a global launch to think about, things must be cut. I'm having a nice discussion on the music forum:) Well...ish...

The b*tches on the music forum piss me off, they're such pessimists :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love All Night Long. That could have launched her in the US if they had been willing to invest the time and money in her. It is easily her best single.

I have a feeling there might be some female collabs on the album? Although not Avril Lavine :D

I definitely agree. When I first found out she was remixing it with Pitbull I thought it would be her US single. It could have been perfect...but I don't think Simon was ever going to do that for her tbh...

I have that feeling too....especially considering she stressed that there was 'only' one male collab which makes me think that there are other collaborations on there....

Avril's collab with Leona was hilarious because LeLe totally overpowered her....I imagine Alex would do the same....plus it's not really her style I don't think....

Imagine if Nicki Minaj was on Alexandra's album....would be so hot :eek::D
    Forum Member

Yeah I have this feeling too, a Nicki Minaj or Rihanna collaboration would slay me forever :eek::D

Alex looks so beautiful, naturally. :)

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ejumV1z81r1tph3o1_500.jpg
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I agree with you all as usual :)
    Personally if you watch her performances on TV of singles 1, 2,3 and 4 and 5. She could have been a successful US act. Jessie went to the US with average (at best) material and didn't fare well albums wise. Her performances are brilliant and they enhance the material. BB sounds like a good lead single that is catchy and can easily be played on radio. Same for BH, if BB was a hit, the BH would be too, the video was so American. ANL continued the trend. And if they really pushed TS and Overcome could've been top 20 US hits too. SMH. Another wasted opportunity. IMO she's still the only act from XF to have good singles and a good album to sell that flows well. WHY? COWELL? WHY?
    Forum Member
    Judging from David's tweets about the second single, I think it has the potential to be her fourth number 1....let's just hope it receives the right amount of radio support this time :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Judging from David's tweets about the second single, I think it has the potential to be her fourth number 1....let's just hope it receives the right amount of radio support this time :rolleyes:

I think it will personally....Radio 1 definitely appear to be on board now, and I think Capital will be as well....no doubt RCA will try harder to bag their support for this single...

The issue with Elephant in my view was that it came after ok.com and a large break so they just assumed it would flop....had it come after SWY I have a feeling it could have been a #1.

I hope Alexandra's next single is a banger....I reckon will definitely be hearing it at least by the 2 week of April if not earlier....I hope she shoots a better video for it too, with better directors than the guys she got for Elephant. The videos for the Overcome era (except for SWY) were all of a really high standard....so I hope she goes back to the more expensive look for this next single.
    Forum Member
    I think it will personally....Radio 1 definitely appear to be on board now, and I think Capital will be as well....no doubt RCA will try harder to bag their support for this single...

The issue with Elephant in my view was that it came after ok.com and a large break so they just assumed it would flop....had it come after SWY I have a feeling it could have been a #1.

I hope Alexandra's next single is a banger....I reckon will definitely be hearing it at least by the 2 week of April if not earlier....I hope she shoots a better video for it too, with better directors than the guys she got for Elephant. The videos for the Overcome era (except for SWY) were all of a really high standard....so I hope she goes back to the more expensive look for this next single.

I completely agree with everything you've just said, I'm just way too excited for the second single...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with everything you've just said, I'm just way too excited for the second single...:D

Same here.....I'm going to have a meltdown when she premieres it...:eek::D
    Forum Member
    Same here.....I'm going to have a meltdown when she premieres it...:eek::D

Me too, I know I'll have it on repeat...forever. :D
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elephant's down to #14 :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Elephant's down to #14 :(

We all knew this would happen so I'm not really too upset about it tbh....I'm pinning all my hopes on the 2nd single now :)
    Forum Member
    We all knew this would happen so I'm not really too upset about it tbh....I'm pinning all my hopes on the 2nd single now :)

It's not the end of the world. It can still sell. ANL went #4 - #11 in a week in the same circumstances and still sold. It's holding up well despite the lack of airplay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tweam and everyone should try and get a trend relating to Alexandra and the US going on Twitter. At the very least it will raise awareness...
    Forum Member
    I think Tweam and everyone should try and get a trend relating to Alexandra and the US going on Twitter. At the very least it will raise awareness...

Yeah. I'll tweet them tomorrow. Also tweet RCA US too. Every bit helps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adding up the 3 most popular Elephant videos on Youtube she has combined views of 2.5m+ pretty good imo...
    Forum Member
    Adding up the 3 most popular Elephant videos on Youtube she has combined views of 2.5m+ pretty good imo...

It is. This song could smash in Europe, and even the US with enough promo. Radio drives the US and the public buy almost anything so as long as RCA put the money in, I'll be happy.
    Forum Member
    Lucie Jones ‏ @luciejones1
    Had such an amazing night, thanks so much @alexandramusic and @ollyofficial for your messages! And to @thedannyosborne for ur miming haha!xx

Anyone know what this about :confused:
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what this about :confused:

Birthday party?? No idea who she is tbh
    Forum Member
    Birthday party?? No idea who she is tbh

LOOOOOL she's a x factor contestant from the 2009 series, now a model. :p
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said that Elephant was removed from preorder list in Germany (+ some other countries).......now its released there also...
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    CROATIA wrote: »
    Someone said that Elephant was removed from preorder list in Germany (+ some other countries).......now its released there also...

Oh great! I was worried about it tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why aren't TweamBurke responding to tweets....I think we should get #AlexandraUSTakeover or something similar trending to raise awareness...If she/labels see that there is a demand it could help...
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Why aren't TweamBurke responding to tweets....I think we should get #AlexandraUSTakeover or something similar trending to raise awareness...If she/labels see that there is a demand it could help...

They've been quiet since Alex went away, not how it should be IMO but I guess they are preparing for the second single... all those promo days they've planned already.
This discussion has been closed.