Pokemon X & Y October 2013

2»

Comments

• SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great new trailer for the Nintendo Direct today. Really excited about these games!
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New 'Fairy' type - really? Seems a bit babyish/kiddy-kiddy. Or not to fit in with the other types as well. Rock, Fire, Earth, Electric, Water...Fairy. At least they should rename it 'Magic' or something for the English/US market.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of content being shown with these games but I hope things such as the mounts or this new interaction with pokemon are not gimmicks and they actually add to the game :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I really didn't like the 3DS and still don't. Too small and kinda boxy. However, I do like the look of the 3DS XL which is coming soon. And I will have to have the new Pokemon games, so it will tie in nicely :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really didn't like the 3DS and still don't. Too small and kinda boxy. However, I do like the look of the 3DS XL which is coming soon. And I will have to have the new Pokemon games, so it will tie in nicely :D

3DS XL is a massive improvement. I spent ages deciding whether to upgrade, but it is so worth it :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I already have a DSI XL which I liked better than the DSI. I think they have done the right thing bringing out a larger more rounded version for the 3DS, and most of the reviews I've read of it have been positive. And new Pokemon just tip the balance :D I'm currently still working my way through Black 2 which has been awesome, and there's so much to do even when you have all the gym badges, so it should keep me busy until October. :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New 'Fairy' type - really? Seems a bit babyish/kiddy-kiddy. Or not to fit in with the other types as well. Rock, Fire, Earth, Electric, Water...Fairy. At least they should rename it 'Magic' or something for the English/US market.

Sort of agree. Should of been called light type or something. Oh well, I guess Pokémon isn't the most adult game anyway.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they say Fairy, we're assuming they don't mean cutesy girls with wings. It's leaning more to mythological, or magic (as another user suggested it should be called). Fairies in mythology refer from anything to girls with wings at the end of your garden, right through to leprechauns and dark creatures. This is how we've come to look at it on the fansites anyway.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whilst the type is obviously new, the idea certainly isn't. There's an egg group called "Fairy" which has been in the game for ages. Most of the Pokémon in this egg group have now been made the Fairy Type.
    I don't like any of these Pokémon so I'll never use them anyway. :D
    Forum Member
    Same here, I've never used Cleffa or any of those baby type ones, I like destroyers on my team :D
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't really mind it being called Fairy but I think something like Magic, Light, or Mystic would've been more suited. Also Marill becoming a Fairy type seems a bit weird. Doesn't really fit with the other Fairy Pokemon.