SPOILER Saturday 30 October

wildwestladywildwestlady Posts: 311
Forum Member
Starting this one early so that there's no confusion about which is the spoiler thread. Do we have a mole this week? What would we do without our furry burrowing friends? Not to mention our furry friends in San Diego zoo.

Michelle definitely for the chop this week, which I think will be a relief all round.

Comments

• Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting this one early so that there's no confusion about which is the spoiler thread. Do we have a mole this week? What would we do without our furry burrowing friends? Not to mention our furry friends in San Diego zoo.

Michelle definitely for the chop this week, which I think will be a relief all round.

Gosh , I thought you knew the result before they danced , like Phsyic Sally or someone .!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    these threads get earlier and earlier each week lol
  • wildwestladywildwestlady Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Gosh , I thought you knew the result before they danced , like Phsyic Sally or someone .!

Do we have a slight orthographic confusion here? Anyway who is Psychic Sally?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do we have a slight orthographic confusion here? Anyway who is Psychic Sally?

http://www.psychicsally.com/

Sorry about the spelling !! I get my Y and ch and s all mixed up in psychic .
  • pootlemumpootlemum Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done for starting the thread, making me excited already!! I too hope Michelle goes this week not just for my king predictor score!

I don't think there is any doubt about a mole now we have a known contact through Alisonrose (thank you so much!!)
    Not that I don't enjoy panda cam...
    Forum Member
    http://www.psychicsally.com/

Sorry about the spelling !! I get my Y and ch and s all mixed up in psychic

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure I like the look of PS - she rather resembles a middle-aged Emma Bunton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I drank a lot one evening this week :o but I thought I had lost more than a few hours there when I saw the title of the thread! :eek:

its a crazy world when the spoiler thread comes before the show thread (or is that just my sense of the world order?! ):D
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't starting the thread earlier mean there is more likelihood that it will slip down the page and someone will not notice it and start another one? If you start a thread as the main show finishes (or even a couple of hours before it starts) pretty much everyone will congregate in there. I would have thought that would be less confusing? Just a thought :)
    Forum Member
    Doesn't starting the thread earlier mean there is more likelihood that it will slip down the page and someone will not notice it and start another one? If you start a thread as the main show finishes (or even a couple of hours before it starts) pretty much everyone will congregate in there. I would have thought that would be less confusing? Just a thought

You could be right - silly me! I'll keep an eye on it from time to time and bump it up if necessary.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    these threads get earlier and earlier each week lol

I'm gonna make one now for the finale :rolleyes: :D
  • luckyladyluckylady Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starting it this early means that those looking for the results have to scroll through pages and pages of waffle to get to the information they want :rolleyes:
    The spoiler thread should should just start with the actual SPOILER news - but that's just my opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckylady wrote: »
    starting it this early means that those looking for the results have to scroll through pages and pages of waffle to get to the information they want :rolleyes:
    The spoiler thread should should just start with the actual SPOILER news - but that's just my opinion

ah but then you would miss out on all the banter beforehand as we wait for the spoiler - that is the main reason for coming on the thread. once we know the answer the thread soon finishes after a few thank yous to the source...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckylady wrote: »

Go to the last page and go backwards , it will be muchhh quicker that way .
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pootlemum wrote: »
    ah but then you would miss out on all the banter beforehand as we wait for the spoiler - that is the main reason for coming on the thread. once we know the answer the thread soon finishes after a few thank yous to the source...
    There must be a good proportion of people whose main reason for coming on the thread is to, you know, get the spoiler! After all that is ostensibly what it's for!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't someone just start a new thread as soon as the spoiler comes in, and ask the mods to lock it and make it a sticky? That way people who just want the result can get it without going through all the chat on the spoiler discussion thread.
    Forum Member
    Can't someone just start a new thread as soon as the spoiler comes in, and ask the mods to lock it and make it a sticky? That way people who just want the result can get it without going through all the chat on the spoiler discussion thread.

I hate to cast aspersions on my fellow-posters but you're missing the point. The spoiler is the chit-chat, humour, cameraderie, banter, etc - one of its main functions is to allow these to flourish.

However, if you really are intent on avoiding all this, do what others have suggested, that is, tune in around 10.30 and go straight to the end of the thread. It will be obvious from the last entry of so whether the result is in or not and if it is, scroll back to get the details, reaction etc. For God's sake don't start another spoiler thread or we'll all get confused.

I can feel my Alzheimer's worsening .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chit chat and web cams are one of the best bits of the spoiler thread for me :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right if I'm in I check after 10 but if I'm out and check it the next day, then it does actually take a minute or so to start at the last page then go back to when posts are timed at about 10, then go forward looking for the spoiler. I get that you guys want to chat before it comes in, but not everyone does. I'm sure there are even some fans who read this board but aren't members, for the sole purpose of getting the result a day early.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people want a chat thread, IMO they should make a chat thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    If people want a chat thread, IMO they should make a chat thread.

being the very fact that this is a forum aren't all thread chat threads? and this one happens to be a chat thread about the spoiler coming out and the tension / guess work / panda cam that occurs beforehand.

to those who don't want that (and to be honest i am surprised that you are already on this thread - surely if you want just to know the spoiler you wouldn't come on here until 10.30pm sat night...) then don't come on here until the spoiler is out and then as previously said just go to the last page, most people repeat who has gone out so wouldn't have to scroll much at all i am sure ;)
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Do we have anyone at the show tomorrow evening ?
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop squabbling. As the spoiler comes around 10pm all you have to do is check the time of the posts working backwards.
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Right if I'm in I check after 10 but if I'm out and check it the next day, then it does actually take a minute or so to start at the last page then go back to when posts are timed at about 10, then go forward looking for the spoiler. I get that you guys want to chat before it comes in, but not everyone does. I'm sure there are even some fans who read this board but aren't members, for the sole purpose of getting the result a day early.

Look, go away, do your Saturday chores, visit a charity shop, buy a sticky bun, stand on your head - do ANYTHING YOU LIKE - and come back here at 10.30 p.m. when your carriage will await bearing you to the Land of the Result. And if the coachman takes a detour you might just enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally speaking and in my opinion , people get spoilers from friends and are perfectly entitled to post them on the spoiler thread , be it 20 pages long if they wish ,.
    They are under no obligation to post them , or to post them on a new thread for those who dont want to join in the craic .
    The last few Saturdays have been great fun here while waiting , the posters kindly posted their spoiler on this thread ,.In fact one poster was willing to get dressed and go out and ask outside the studio so as to get the info
    If a member is kind enough to post a spoiler I am very willng if I so wish to find it .,I dont think they should have to post it on a new thread if this is where they choose to post .
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pootlemum wrote: »
    being the very fact that this is a forum aren't all thread chat threads? and this one happens to be a chat thread about the spoiler coming out and the tension / guess work / panda cam that occurs beforehand.

to those who don't want that (and to be honest i am surprised that you are already on this thread - surely if you want just to know the spoiler you wouldn't come on here until 10.30pm sat night...) then don't come on here until the spoiler is out and then as previously said just go to the last page, most people repeat who has gone out so wouldn't have to scroll much at all i am sure ;)

No. The forum isn't about chat threads, it's about discussion threads. Until the spoiler comes in, you have no spoiler to discuss, unless you're checking who is getting the spoiler. There's a reason why general DISCUSSION contains a sub-forum called "chatter", for stuff that doesn't deserve to be called discussion. IMO this thread should be there, or in a SCD chatter subforum. It's nonsense.

And it's really not that easy to figure out who's gone sometimes. Sorting through the gibberish is difficult.