I just watched Brokeback Mountain and cried.

misterelimistereli Posts: 822
Forum Member
✭✭
I know it is just a movie, but it has a left an ache in my throat, and has made me feel uneasy.

I just wanted them to have a happy ending. But as time went by it became more and more obvious that that wasn't going to happen. :(

I just wanted to post this as honestly I am so upset about the whole thing! Movies very rarely leave such a lasting impression on me, but this one struck home.

Forget The Dark Knight - this was by far Ledger's best performance.

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    It is one of my favourite films. I don't watch it often but always enjoy it (not enjoy it, feel weepy towards the end, feel involved etc) when I do. :(

Everything about it is beautiful. The story, the cinematography, the music...everything.

Wonderful film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is very sad :( it's a shame they couldn't just be together.
  • AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    I found I couldn't engage with the film. I usually like Ang Lees direction.

In general I haven't seen a really good gay romance. Maybe because I'm not romantic myself.

I wish I had enjoyed it because I expected alot. Maybe I should watch it again? I don't think I've got the stamina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a favourite film of mine. It's absolutely beautiful, though even more heartbreaking.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive not been able to watch this film since Heath passed away as I know its going to make me sad to watch :cry:
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    The novella is better.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated it , it seemed to go on forever .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    The novella is better.

It really is. The film left me a bit cold to be honest. Except for the last scene, obviously.
  • irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the sex scene was crap.:D