Help! Problems with Pace Box

grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
Forum Member
✭✭
Ever since the EPG was updated, I've had problems with the box. Slow scrolling is just a minor inconvenience that I can put up with. The big problem is that after a couple of days, I can't pause, then continue, or rewind, or fast forward. The box just freezes. All I can do is change to another channel. Recorded progs play OK.

I've powered off / rebooted many times (witing 2 minutes before switching back on) , rebuilt the planner several times, but after a couple of days the problem recurs. I've even deleted lots of stuff off the box - gone from 65% to 90% free- still the problems recur

Tonight, the message said that we don't have a sky signal and to go to the sky site. So a quick visit to the other room where my other sky box, which shares the LNB and dish, were working perfectly.

So yet another power off / reboot etc.

I'm loath to phone Sky, as in the past they've not been very helpful - especially when it took 3 hours for them to find out I simply had been issued with the wrong card! And I can't stand waiting in a queue for an hour simply to get cut off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been issues with Pace bioxes since the EPG update....see the long thread on the Pace/EPG on this very page.

Sky have to know there is something amiss so call them and ask them to give you a new box if they cannot fix it,