Orphan Black - UK Pace *NO SPOILERS*

Comments

• G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, watched Episode 1 on Iplayer and thought it was good. I have downloaded and am now watching up to Ep3 so far. Don't worry, no spoilers, I don't do that. But I am hooked, this is brilliant.
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series caught my eye as it was on the BBC Iplayer home page. Before this week I had never even heard of the show. Gave it a watch yesterday and very much enjoyed it! I like the lead star Tatiana Maslany, attractive lady! Good storylines too. Overall a brilliant series by the look of it! A great addition to the BBC3 schedules. Can't wait for the next episode!
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered if this was inspired by a young adults book series "Replica" by Marylin Kaye.
    As soon as I came across this show I immediately thought of these books I had read as a teenager.
    After all, original ideas are hard to find, so many films these days are based on a book, game, re-boot or are a sequel!
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Checked out first 2 episodes recently, strong start to a show I thought, and interesting concept.
    Will definitely be catching up on the rest of the series
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    After episode 2, you'll know your hooked!
    And you're not wrong :D
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote:
    After episode 2, you'll know your hooked!
    Andy B wrote: »
    And you're not wrong :D

Scary huh :D!

Watched on DVD because BBC3 originally had no transmission date and I had heard good things. If I didn't have work I would have burnt through all 10 episodes in a day. I mentioned in the US pace thread, the next time trailers were the worst, they pulled you straight back in again and before I knew it, it was over :( .

No spoilers from me tho, but it keeps getting better.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this tonight :) - shame it isn't on an HD channel, or repeated on one.:(
  • gina gina ginagina gina gina Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman’s suicide, Sarah assumes the strangers identity – who happens to look just like her.

Read more here, but some might consider it a spoiler.....http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/09/bbc-three-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-orphan-black/
    copying sarah m gellars,ringer then
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank god this series is out of reach of Sky stealing it like Lost and Mad Men since it's part BBC production
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which was a copy of a South American soap.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first two episodes. It was really interesting and the girl playing the main part is excellent.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed that !

Good plot and good characters.............and easy to get in to
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet Felix turns out to be a wrong 'un
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Very good opening 2 episodes. Tatiany Malsany is very good...switching between many different versions and making them all unique.

Felix is bloody irritating.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought that was excellent, cant wait for the next one!
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurry up BBC Three HD, programmes like this need it.

PJ
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Lead girl is excellent
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About eight million times better than Ringer - and once you've watched the first episode you'll know it's not a copy at all.

I'm writing reviews of every episode on the Metro website - you can link through to it from slouchingtowardstv.com (just click on the episode titles to reveal the direct link) or at metro.co.uk/blogs (it may be a bit more difficult to find these straight away).
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    nw0307 wrote: »
    thank god this series is out of reach of Sky stealing it like Lost and Mad Men since it's part BBC production

The UK BBC had nothing to do with the production. It is a production by Canada's Temple Street Productions, with BBC America and Canada's Space channel co-financing it. The UK BBC had to buy UK rights to show it. If Sky had wanted it offered more money for it, it would have been sold to Sky.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed it, I was a little worried it wouldn't live up to the hype but it was very good. I can see why there's such a fuss over the lead, even if the accent when Sarah's being herself is more than a little iffy. My only problem is Victor, he didn't feature that much but he annoyed me and felt unnecessary (Paul would have annoyed me too but he featured even less and has a nice bum so I let him off.)
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed it, I was a little worried it wouldn't live up to the hype but it was very good. I can see why there's such a fuss over the lead, even if the accent when Sarah's being herself is more than a little iffy. My only problem is Victor, he didn't feature that much but he annoyed me and felt unnecessary (Paul would have annoyed me too but he featured even less and has a nice bum so I let him off.)
    Got to figure that Vic's desire to atone for the way he treated Sarah is going to cause her some trouble down the line ...
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A big thumbs up from me for this show, and like others I am definitely hooked.

Cant wait for next week!...
  • L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    She sounds more Australian than English to me.
    Yeah - me too. Her accent sounded American, with a touch of Australian. We were puzzling why two foster kids who were brought up together would have accents from opposite sides of the world, wondering if it was going to be some sort of a twist. I also wondered why she had to practice speaking as Beth later on, as they both sounded the same to me. And then, when Katya appeared at the end of ep. 1, I realised that the lead actress just can't do accents that well! :D The story's intriguing, though.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Very good opening 2 episodes. Tatiany Malsany is very good...switching between many different versions and making them all unique.

Felix is bloody irritating.
    I didn't realize Tatiana was the German too, {Loving the Soccer Mom} who got shot in the Jag - loved how Sarah cleaned the inside of the Jag.:cool:

Felix is Great - and on the Bike.:D
    Accents OK.
    Soap Sick - sick.:eek:
    Spooky/cute Daughter.
    Victor is irritating.
    haphash wrote: »
    Just watched the first two episodes. It was really interesting and the girl playing the main part is excellent.
    Parts.;)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lead girl reminded me of someone..........

It's Emma Wray who was in the sitcom 'Watching'..........

http://www.bapwatch.com/obscure/and/emma_wray_4.jpg