Options

Children In Need 7.30PM BBC 1 Thread

occyoccy Posts: 65,185
Forum Member
✭✭
Children In Need kicks off at 7.30PM with Sir Terry Wogan and tess Daly. Eastenders cast and Brucie makes a special appearance for Strictly come dancing, and amongst the glitz and glamour of the evening with special clips of where the money is goung to help disadvantaged children etc - S Club 7 will perform the official Children In Need song.

Comments

• Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder. Reading tonight.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder. Reading tonight.

You're going to Reading to avoid Children In Need?? :o
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The annual borefest called children In Need, why is there not an option to donate for the the programme NOT to go ahead :D
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondered is Take That performing These days on Children in need tonight
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it always Children in Need, why can't it be other charities as there are so many that are worthy and I'm sure viewers would wish to donate to them.In this year it might have been appropriate to give money to the Royal British Legion.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Why is it always Children in Need, why can't it be other charities as there are so many that are worthy and I'm sure viewers would wish to donate to them.In this year it might have been appropriate to give money to the Royal British Legion.

So every charity appeal should be split amongst every charity?

Some might argue that the RBL should give to the DEC Ebola appeal.

It is more effective to target appeals at particular causes. One reason that I never buy lottery tickets is that I do not approve of some of the organisations they have given money to in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    So every charity appeal should be split amongst every charity?

Some might argue that the RBL should give to the DEC Ebola appeal.

It is more effective to target appeals at particular causes. One reason that I never buy lottery tickets is that I do not approve of some of the organisations they have given money to in the past.

I didn't say every appeal should be split between every charity, I was suggesting that after years of raising money for CIN the BBC should balance it by adopting some other charities. What is the logic of the RBL giving money to the Ebola Appeal ?
  • Options
    Billy_BoyBilly_Boy Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    5/6 hours of "fill-in" tv. For sure a good cause, but the inane and cheesey acts are too much - oh dear, must pop to the pub!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy_Boy wrote: »
    5/6 hours of "fill-in" tv. For sure a good cause, but the inane and cheesey acts are too much - oh dear, must pop to the pub!

No need it is live from the Queen Vic
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather watch paint dry. Hate these things. Thank goodness i have Sky.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Just wondered is Take That performing These days on Children in need tonight

I don't think they're on it this year. Don't worry though - you can get your fix as they'll be on XF and Graham Norton at the end of the month. Lucky you!:D:D

Hey - Norton's not one who's shy of asking touchy questions - I wonder if he'll mention the tax thing?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the promo and One Direction was mentioned. INSTANT AVOID!
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say every appeal should be split between every charity, I was suggesting that after years of raising money for CIN the BBC should balance it by adopting some other charities. What is the logic of the RBL giving money to the Ebola Appeal ?

Children in Need has operated successfully for many years by guaranteeing the money goes to children's charities in the UK. You suggested that they change their whole policy which would probably need changes of their charities registration etc. I just pointed out that it was just as crazy to suggest that RBL should give to other unrelated deserving causes.

Children in Need work by giving to many charities, often small local ones where quite small sums can be crucial. So they are already supporting other charities but all UK ones associated with children.

Other broadcasters can run their own charity appeals with a broader range of charities if they wish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they're on it this year. Don't worry though - you can get your fix as they'll be on XF and Graham Norton at the end of the month. Lucky you!:D:D

Hey - Norton's not one who's shy of asking touchy questions - I wonder if he'll mention the tax thing?

Oh good I thought they would be on The X Factor at some point
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. I know not to watch BBC 1/2 tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is only on BBC 2 from 10pm - 10.35pm
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...peal-show-2014

An exciting array of the biggest names in music and entertainment are coming together for the annual BBC Children in Need Appeal Show extravaganza onFriday 14 November 2014. The glittering night will be live from the home ofEastEnders, Albert Square, which will host big name guests, and show-stopping performances.

Sir Terry Wogan, Tess Daly, Fearne Cotton, and Nick Grimshaw will be joined by new host for BBC Children in Need, The Saturdays singer and presenter Rochelle Humes. The fantastic five welcome an array of stars as they join together to help raise money for disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.

A stand out moment on the night will come from legendary cartoon characters Tom and Jerry who will star in an exclusive cartoon made especially for BBC Children in Need, alongside the BBC's biggest faces and best loved shows as you've never seen them before.

There’s a special treat in store in Walford, as some famous faces from EastEnders’ history will return to Albert Square in an exclusive sketch to be broadcast on the night, when one character is visited by some infamous ghosts from their past…

One of the most hotly anticipated reunions of the last decade is finally confirmed asS Club 7 announce that they are back together and performing again for the first time since 2003.

Gareth Malone and his All-Star Choir, starring amongst others Jo Brand, Mel Giedroyc and Craig Revel-Horwood will be performing the official BBC Children in Need single for the first time on television.

There will also be performances from One Direction LIVE from Albert Square,Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, The Script - who will be performing in The Queen Vic – Susan Boyle and Boyzone

This year BBC Children in Need puts the children into Strictly, as Strictly Come Dancing hosts a special performance featuring the return of Sir Bruce Forsyth, alongside Tess Daly as hosts. Four talented young ballroom champions will be taking to the Strictly dance floor in teams alongside professional dancers, in a Strictly first, dancing head-to-head in a bid to win the Pudsey glitterball trophy.

There will also be performances from the West End’s hit musicals Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Made in Dagenham, Once and Sunny Afternoon. Plus the cast of EastEnders in a musical performance that will transform The Square. Also helping out Pudsey on the big night with be Doctor Who and Call the Midwife.

Back for its fourth year, The One Show’s Rickshaw Challenge will culminate live on the night, after following five young people – each supported by BBC Children in Need funded projects – on their journey across the country.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You and me alike
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...peal-show-2014

An exciting array of the biggest names in music and entertainment are coming together for the annual BBC Children in Need Appeal Show extravaganza onFriday 14 November 2014. The glittering night will be live from the home ofEastEnders, Albert Square, which will host big name guests, and show-stopping performances.

Sir Terry Wogan, Tess Daly, Fearne Cotton, and Nick Grimshaw will be joined by new host for BBC Children in Need, The Saturdays singer and presenter Rochelle Humes. The fantastic five welcome an array of stars as they join together to help raise money for disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.

A stand out moment on the night will come from legendary cartoon characters Tom and Jerry who will star in an exclusive cartoon made especially for BBC Children in Need, alongside the BBC's biggest faces and best loved shows as you've never seen them before.

There’s a special treat in store in Walford, as some famous faces from EastEnders’ history will return to Albert Square in an exclusive sketch to be broadcast on the night, when one character is visited by some infamous ghosts from their past…

One of the most hotly anticipated reunions of the last decade is finally confirmed asS Club 7 announce that they are back together and performing again for the first time since 2003.

Gareth Malone and his All-Star Choir, starring amongst others Jo Brand, Mel Giedroyc and Craig Revel-Horwood will be performing the official BBC Children in Need single for the first time on television.

There will also be performances from One Direction LIVE from Albert Square,Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, The Script - who will be performing in The Queen Vic – Susan Boyle and Boyzone

This year BBC Children in Need puts the children into Strictly, as Strictly Come Dancing hosts a special performance featuring the return of Sir Bruce Forsyth, alongside Tess Daly as hosts. Four talented young ballroom champions will be taking to the Strictly dance floor in teams alongside professional dancers, in a Strictly first, dancing head-to-head in a bid to win the Pudsey glitterball trophy.

There will also be performances from the West End’s hit musicals Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Made in Dagenham, Once and Sunny Afternoon. Plus the cast of EastEnders in a musical performance that will transform The Square. Also helping out Pudsey on the big night with be Doctor Who and Call the Midwife.

Back for its fourth year, The One Show’s Rickshaw Challenge will culminate live on the night, after following five young people – each supported by BBC Children in Need funded projects – on their journey across the country.

BBC continuing to promote Nick Grimshaw for reasons best known to themselves
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I'm sure all the children's charities who benefit would easily be able to find the £50m they would lose by having the money diverted to any other cause, let alone one which has already grossed tens of millions of pounds over the last few weeks.

Did you think this through properly?
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Children in Need was better back in the olden days. Like Christmas and S Club 7. It all feels a bit incestuously BBC nowadays.

Looking forward to Gareth Malone's All Star Choir and S Club 7.
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I know it's for charity but it always people promoting themselves.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I know I need to DEFINITELY avoid BBC1 tonight!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    I saw the promo and One Direction was mentioned. INSTANT AVOID!

Cheryl Cole will be miming I heard, so another reason to watch another channel :D
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole will be miming I heard, so another reason to watch another channel :D

I think Cheryl singing live is a better reason. ;-)