The Walking Dead - Season 5 - Spike pace (no spoilers)

Comments

• Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tichtich wrote: »
    1. I thought those two scenes of people being eaten alive were among the most gruesome to date. I had to look away from the TV.
    One of them I thought was somewhat worse than the other and as a result I will never look at a revolving door the same way ever again!
    2. It wasn't clear to me what caused the explosion in the warehouse. Did Deanna's son throw a grenade?
    As far as I can tell it was because he was wildly firing at a walker who was wearing all sorts of spare ordinance, including it would seem a grenade...

On the plus side, any future foraging missions will have a much higher survival rating now that the incompetent pillock has been chomped but at least we got a moment of confession in amongst the confusion.

And well done to Eugene for finally stepping up! Better late than never!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the 'happy ending' front, I think surely everyone expected it to turn out to be too good to be true - in recreating the magic of modern suburbia they recreated its curses. Though I do hope this one doesn't get blown up or burnt down and abandoned like all the others.

I do think that Deanna had Rick's group in precisely because she wanted to change the balance of power, partly to people who knew what they were doing, and partly because she hoped they could be bought with a recipe for ratatouille or at a push, lemon ice cream. The comments by the group about getting soft might be the same as what she was thinking about her own people - let's not forget she is a politician, and therefore speaks with a tongue made of pronged cutlery...

Are we definitely supposed to be thinking something is up with the stamped letter or is that just something to keep Rick trying to figure out why someone took the trouble to carve a 'W' in a walker's forehead without killing it?
    Maybe it belonged in someone's theme park before everything went down the toilet, or there was a problem with the GPS tags and tracking so they had to revert to old-fashioned methods for studying migration patterns?
  • tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell it was because he was wildly firing at a walker who was wearing all sorts of spare ordinance, including it would seem a grenade...
    Probably right.
    Are we definitely supposed to be thinking something is up with the stamped letter or is that just something to keep Rick trying to figure out why someone took the trouble to carve a 'W' in a walker's forehead without killing it?
    I'd forgotten about that. I suspect it was a teaser for next season.
  • tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that Deanna had Rick's group in precisely because she wanted to change the balance of power, partly to people who knew what they were doing, and partly because she hoped they could be bought with a recipe for ratatouille or at a push, lemon ice cream.
    Yes, but she was clearly worried about swinging the balance of power too far. She expressed doubts about putting Abraham in charge of the building team.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And well done to Eugene for finally stepping up! Better late than never!

Indeed, but I suspect that's because he is deeply in love with Tara (and who can blame him!) and he now has something to fight for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tichtich wrote: »
    Probably right.
    Or possibly wrong! That should of course have been 'ordnance' as opposed to 'ordinance', official decrees don't usually blow up like that without e.g. assistance from Guy Fawkes...
  • Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People might want to check the settings for this Friday - particularly for the second episode.

The season finale is 90 minutes long but the Freeview EPG initially had it down as being the usual 60 minutes. That's now been corrected, but it might be best to check that your recording devices have updated accordingly.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey is this season over already! I can't wait to see what happy ending they have for the finale! :D
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long we will have to wait for Season 6, whether it will be on Spike or Channel 5 and whether my pleas for subtitles will be answered?
  • fewkestefewkeste Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Has anyone on here got any contacts or knowledge to know/find out in advance if seasons 4 and 5 are going to be re-broadcast (presumably on Spike) again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the thread is for Season 5 but...
    fewkeste wrote: »
    Has anyone on here got any contacts or knowledge to know/find out in advance if seasons 4 and 5 are going to be re-broadcast (presumably on Spike) again?
    Season 4 seems to be getting a re-show right now on Spike, 2am on Sun/Mon/Tue and it looks like these days every week.

Not without its own grimly comical moments, a few have been falling through a supermarket roof and going very splat...
    Forum Member
    I know the thread is for Season 5 but...

Season 4 seems to be getting a re-show right now on Spike, 2am on Sun/Mon/Tue and it looks like these days every week.

Not without its own grimly comical moments, a few have been falling through a supermarket roof and going very splat...

Thanks for alerting me - I spotted it quite by accident and I've set my PVR to get it on series record. It's a shame Spike isn't shown in the TV listings magazine we get. I have a targeted search for it every so often and by fluke it showed up a couple of hours before broadcast.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is season 6 on amc or fox?
    Forum Member
    If someone spots Spike are running season 5 again I would be grateful if they could post that fact on here. Also, on a previous post I mentioned Spike wasn't in our TV listings magazine (TV Choice) - now it is!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Spike would re run seasons 1-4 again so I can catch up on the episodes I missed here and there since the series started.

But with Fear the Walking Dead and Z Nation maybe that would be overkill, tongue firmly in cheek there folks, but it would a bit much but still handy.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    For all us Beth fan, Emily Kinney has a new album out 'This Is War'.

I'll miss Beth in TWD.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss Beth in TWD.
    Do you watch 'Masters of Sex'? She is quite revealing in that. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Do you watch 'Masters of Sex'? She is quite revealing in that. :o

Oh no, what episode? :)
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, what episode? :)
    Episode 9. Be warned though she is...erm...not very well blessed, if you know what i mean. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Episode 9. Be warned though she is...erm...not very well blessed, if you know what i mean. :)

Oh I know. :) She's got a nice figure IMO.

Just downloading the series now. Thanks for the info.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all us Beth fan, Emily Kinney has a new album out 'This Is War'.

I'll miss Beth in TWD.

I always felt guilty for fancying her until I found out her real age. Those eyes! :o

She can grab hold of my zombie punisher anytime. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always felt guilty for fancying her until I found out her real age. Those eyes! :o

She can grab hold of my zombie punisher anytime. :D

Have you seen her on 'Masters of Sex'?

She is lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen her on 'Masters of Sex'?

She is lovely.

No I have not watched that series. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I have not watched that series. :(

I wasn't going to watch season 3 until Maccadanny told me that she appears half naked in episode 9. :)

I always try to watch anything Emma is in. She plays some good characters.

The scene is on google if you look for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to watch season 3 until Maccadanny told me that she appears half naked in episode 9. :)

I always try to watch anything Emma is in. She plays some good characters.

The scene is on google if you look for it.

Thanks for that. :)