Under The Dome S3 US Pace

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice bit of product placement this episode.

They are stuck inside the dome but thankfully they have a Prius they can charge using electricity and they just have to make a plot point of it.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Would any of you live in a place like Chester's Mill? I'd love to live in a little town like that in the middle of nowhere.
  • Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now the amethyst price has gone sky high, emotion doesn't seem to work at all unless they want it to and everything that happened in last weeks episode is null and void because it didn't happen as the world is still there outside.

One wonders if all we saw this week had any meaning.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority but I'm really enjoying Season 3. Its still OTT with some ropey dialogue and acting but I much prefer this season over Season 2.

I'm enjoying the fact that we actually have an explanation of what's going on now, and I do think the acting has improved.

I'm not quite getting why Joe, Norrie and Hunter were able to break the spell as such using their emotions, yet Barbie hasn't. Of all of them, you'd thin he'd be the first to return to normal.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been mentioned that Joe is still grieving for Angie but I thought it was funny though when he thought that the meteor shower was real and wiped out the rest of humanity that Joe didn't even mention the fact that his parents wouldn't have survived it, never mind shed a tear over it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the fact that we actually have an explanation of what's going on now, and I do think the acting has improved.

I'm not quite getting why Joe, Norrie and Hunter were able to break the spell as such using their emotions, yet Barbie hasn't. Of all of them, you'd thin he'd be the first to return to normal.

BIB - Didn't Christine say something about Barbie's military training being a problem because it allowed him to suppress his emotions but the emotions are still there? I might be remembering that wrong but I suppose its a double edged sword in the sense that as long as the emotions are suppressed it works to Christines advantage but eventually they'll come to the surface and he'll snap out of it unless Ava can win Barbie over.
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Barbie back again. I do hope Big Jim lives though.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this season more with each episode following on from the last one, it's more cohesive than the previous seasons with each episode being a problem of the week.
    Forum Member
    I keep wondering what will be the ending of the season. I'm guessing something to do with Christine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many episodes have we got to go?
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it been given a 4th season?
    I know they are planning 5 but I really cant see this being renewed for the 4th
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episodes have we got to go?

Just four more then my torment will be over.
  • ianlawnianlawn Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is US pace but new time of midnight on ch5 next week.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I keep wondering what will be the ending of the season. I'm guessing something to do with Christine.

The boss of the network said a few days ago..
    The dome would be down by the end of the season.
    Forum Member
    It would be good to see that but if there is no renewal then maybe do a 1 hour special to completely tie the story up.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they've spoilt the show by having people able to enter and leave the dome at will (if they know how to that is).

It is obviously a ploy because the writers didn't have the talent to keep things inside the dome and needed the help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ianlawn wrote: »
    I know this is US pace but new time of midnight on ch5 next week.

Yes that is typical of channel 5 in shows they have lost faith in. They move then to stupid times and hope that everyone drops it before they do for a quiet life.

But then they dropped Breaking Bad as well, so what do they know. (Not that UTD is a 1000th of Breaking Bad even if Hank is in it :D )
    Forum Member
    I think there is a reason the way the book is, it covers 11 days right? The truth is that is pushing it. This however is TV and for it to work on TV you have to add in all these other things to keep the story going.

I notice on Mike Vogel's Twitter he had posted some pictures last week and the week before of them wrapping filming up and there was a few things i couldn't help but notice. I wont spoil them here but when I saw a few of the pictures I kind of guessed what the spoiler was revealed by jonparadise yesterday. Mike also says that the end of this season is absolutely set up for a 4th season so i guess that confirms what most people have been saying which is they are hoping to get renewed. Time will tell but i personally think it could have been wrapped up in 3 seasons.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that is typical of channel 5 in shows they have lost faith in. They move then to stupid times and hope that everyone drops it before they do for a quiet life.

But then they dropped Breaking Bad as well, so what do they know. (Not that UTD is a 1000th of Breaking Bad even if Hank is in it :D )

Just watched yesterday's episode today and saw that it's on at midnight next week UK version - blimey thank god I've got TiVo as channel 5 seem to have so many benefits programs on now they haven't room for under the dome anymore where's the roll eye smilie when you need it,?
    Lovely to see Barbie back...I hope anyway!
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed last nights episode and the promo for next weeks episode looks great.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    I thought last night's was bad again, which is a shame as the last two episodes were an improvement.

The Junior-really-being-bad-thing was signposted from 1,000 miles away and, sorry, but the guy playing Junior is so terrible at acting that I just want to laugh every time he tries to be threatening, which kind of ruins the moment. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they are going to kill off 99.9% of the cast.

First productive thing they've ever done! :D
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    So they are going to kill off 99.9% of the cast.

First productive thing they've ever done! :D

Exactly. Let that dome calcify - it'll be a great gift to humanity.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As awful as this is (and somehow it gets worse), I just can't bring myself to stop watching.

Four weeks ago, an invisible dome crashed down on Chester’s Mill, cutting us off from logic and reason.

The dome has tested our limits as actors , forcing each of us to express rage, grief, and fear.

Now, in order to survive, we must battle our most dangerous enemy - the script.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at Julia going all CSI to find a DNA sample in the barn. Pity she couldn't ask Christine for help since she's had some experience of that in a past life :D Incidentally how did she even know that was Christine's hair. There were 13 other women in the barn that very day and that hair sample could easily have been there before the dome appeared and it might have a horse's hair for all she knew. I know colour would help narrow it down but still with that kind of crappy detective work it makes me wonder if the cure not working was actually down to the wrong DNA sample.