Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    We're only in contention because we've had an (amazing) run admittedly, and Chelsea are slightly more crap than we are, Imagine where we'd be if we hadnt had the appalling start to the season and inconsistent results.
    If we hadnt had (for example) the losses against Blackburn, Fulham and draw against Wolves, we'd be just 2 points behind City (I think).
  • Options
    Don DapperDon Dapper Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Ah I see, so what you're saying is that because you've witnessed darker times, anything better than that is seen as a success through your eyes?

That's fair enough I suppose, but many Arsenal fans have far higher expectations than that and actually want to win things rather than being happy with 'not being as bad as we once were'. I suppose it depends on what your standards are how high you want to set the bar, and with all due respect, you seem to have set yours far lower than everyone else on here

Not really, I would dearly love to see us win things, as I am sure you could imagine.

I'm just quite grown up about it all... all the maniac get rid of wenger mob seem to have piped down a bit recently... they exemplify what is wrong with certain sections of support.

Love him when we win, hate him when we don't... support? support? surely some have to look up the word in the dictionary.

Enjoy :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17670740

Surely this is a joke :mad: Balotelli should be banned for 3-6 more games :mad:
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

He needs to be back for the Manchester derby.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seems the FA protecting incompetence. The clue appears to be that one of the officials at least saw something. Apparently it doesn't matter how much they saw or how badly they got it wrong as long as someone saw something. I'd also like to know exactly what role the 4th official is allowed to play in such an incident.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says there's no decent comedy on the telly anymore? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Who says there's no decent comedy on the telly anymore? :D

I know, I've been watching most of the series. One programme that gets funnier every week.
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Bellamy takes a dive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would have thought at 2-2 and the opposition down to ten men with relegation staring them in the face Blackburn would be a lot more up for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best effort Carroll's had for a while!
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There can't be a team anywhere in the world whose feeling of entitlement is so disproportionate to their level of ability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was a Blackburn fan I'd be steaming right now. An extra man and so much to play for, yet a woeful lack of effort in the second half. Good fun though for a neutral!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This bull about not winning trophies leading to having a poor season..... well

who has had the better season? us or pool?

they are a shambles, but do some get blinded by a bit of carling cup silver?

Would you want to be a mighty 8th in the league and have the carling cup or be where we are?
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Don Dapper wrote: »
    This bull about not winning trophies leading to having a poor season..... well

who has had the better season? us or pool?

they are a shambles, but do some get blinded by a bit of carling cup silver?

Would you want to be a mighty 8th in the league and have the carling cup or be where we are?
    Possible FA Cup to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DavidT wrote: »
    Seems the FA protecting incompetence. The clue appears to be that one of the officials at least saw something. Apparently it doesn't matter how much they saw or how badly they got it wrong as long as someone saw something. I'd also like to know exactly what role the 4th official is allowed to play in such an incident.

If they saw something, one of the officials should have mentioned it, and if not, WHY NOT? :confused: :mad:
    (Sorry for shouting, not directed at you or anyone) :)
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    the FA are a bad joke. Derry's banned for Young's dive; the tackle/assault by mad Mario on Song is ignored; Wigan get an apology from the refs for allowing Chelski both their offside goals (that could be Wigan's PL status gone - Martinez is too nice for his own good sometimes I think)

Bit worried about our defence tonight. Sagna may be missing too as well as Koscielny and I hope Wenger plays Yossi on the left to help out Santos, instead of Ramsey. I'm nervous about this one.
  • Options
    The JanitorThe Janitor Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The system has been made to look like a joke in this case.

There should be room for the referee to be overruled in cases as serious as this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The most important thing is Song is all right but it doesnt excuse Balotelli's disgusting action :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the FA are a bad joke. Derry's banned for Young's dive; the tackle/assault by mad Mario on Song is ignored; Wigan get an apology from the refs for allowing Chelski both their offside goals (that could be Wigan's PL status gone - Martinez is too nice for his own good sometimes I think)

Bit worried about our defence tonight. Sagna may be missing too as well as Koscielny and I hope Wenger plays Yossi on the left to help out Santos, instead of Ramsey. I'm nervous about this one.

I am too, I think it could be like the QPR game :(
  • Options
    Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An interesting piece in the Sunday Times about Arteta (can't link to it as it's for subscribers only online) - where he talks about his role as the pivote

Apparently he played there from 15-18 when at Barca and understudy to Guardiola. He's described as being 'physically weak, slow, not tough enough and couldn't score', however he was a master at playing the pivote - a role that brings balance to the team and allows others around you to play better (could be why Rosicky has improved and Song's getting forward more?) - and it's said that no one's done it better at Barca either before or since, not even Xavi

The teams he's played for since have asked him to play more offensively, and now with us, it's the first time he's played as a true pivote since his Barca days and he 'remembers the mechanisms of the role from then' He says his role at Arsenal is simply to 'make the team play better' - and I think we can all agree he's doing pretty well
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also read the Arteta article in the Sunday Times and it's clear he's really enjoying himself with us. With his recent fitness record he was a real gamble but I'm delighted with his contribution, quietly efficient and rarely has a bad game.

Tonight represents a real chance to put daylight between us and the others for 3rd, please don't screw up!! Daily Mail reporting we're in for Dempsey who I think is a fantastic player. Yes please as I hope to see a mass exodus this summer to make room for new players, thenagain we wanted them last summer and the summer before and.........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt Hughes at The Times is very well connected at Arsenal (great pals with Darren Dein) and he states that RVP has turned down a 215k p/w offer from City to sign a 4 year deal with us for 130k p/w PLUS a 6M loyalty bonus paid quarterly for the next 4 years.

Lovely :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Read this blog about the Arteta / Pep story

http://legendaire.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching the Arsenal 49 dvd and I'm awe struck at the quality we had in 03-04.

Henry and Peres, godly players.:eek:

Always supported Arsenal but never really followed the games back then.

Feeling pretty nervous about tonights match.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don Dapper wrote: »
    Matt Hughes at The Times is very well connected at Arsenal (great pals with Darren Dein) and he states that RVP has turned down a 215k p/w offer from City to sign a 4 year deal with us for 130k p/w PLUS a 6M loyalty bonus paid quarterly for the next 4 years.

Lovely :D

Maybe he looked at his ex team mates at City and realised the grass isn't always greener.:)
This discussion has been closed.