SMS Delays/Being Lost?

sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 313
Forum Member
Hello:

I work for an Electronic Message Broadcasting Company and use mobile networks as third parties to deliver SMS's.

This morning a large number of our customers have complained that many SMS have not been delivered or have taken upto an hour to deliver.

I have called the networks to see what information they can provide and all of them are being very cagy. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything today?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    O2 seemed to be having some issues. I sent an MMS which contains just a pic and some text, this has taken a day to arrive. The majority of my texts sent on new years eve are still pending.

Rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turning phone off and back on should help filter the backlog of SMS through to people who struggled to get them yesterday.

The huge amount of SMS's sent in such a short space of time will cause all networks issues. It is rare for SMS to be lost however long delays can be found if phones are not restarted.
  • barker71barker71 Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope just seems that as ever o2 network cant cope with sms properly.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/02/o2_new_year_message_late/
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barker71 wrote:
    Nope just seems that as ever o2 network cant cope with sms properly.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/02/o2_new_year_message_late/

Seems the Register is making things up. The whole Family is on O2 and none of them recieved that message. Mind I wouldn't send a text at that time as its just common sense things are going to be busy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the text message they are referring to Fri 29th Dec @ 11.15.

It wasn't sent to every customer however the sending of these text messages is always from a marketing aspect so its there to increase SMS usuage rather than reduce it! More sms = more revenue.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps O2 have given up with me as a lost cause because I didn't receive such a message either.

Or perhaps as it was deemed a marketing message, O2 are complying with my instructions to them that I do not wish to receive such messages :)
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawson wrote:

Or perhaps as it was deemed a marketing message, O2 are complying with my instructions to them that I do not wish to receive such messages :)

Good point I ticked that box also.....cant believe it worked. :eek: